NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

Looks like Winnipeg will announce it name at the podium before their pick. It will probably be Jets, just not sure if it will have "Winnipeg" or "Manitoba" in front of it.

that would be incredibly selfish of them (hear me out). The draft is NOT about the teams themselves (in terms of an off-ice perspective such as jerseys, logos, etc). The draft is and should always be about the players that got drafted and what they mean to the lineups.

It's no more selfish of them than of you sitting here and complaining about them debuting their name. We get the fact that you're bitter, but just take all your Thrashers gear, go out back and burn it and forget it ever happened. You'll never see hockey in Atlanta again except for on NHL Center Ice.

Seeing that Richards jersey in your sig makes me physically ill.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. new design, new colors.

Did you get this from all the same sources and reading material telling you the team won't be called the Jets?

Winnipeg Free Press.

My other stuff was all, as specified, speculation on my part.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

The draft board at the Xcel.

http://c0013829.cdn1.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/x2_6c7f07f

Items to note:

Winnipeg in the east (obv) Nashville's banner is yellow. Florida's is red. Minnesota's is green (?), LA is using their (current) third logo.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

George Richards of the Miami Herald's On Frozen Pond blog posted this on Twitter. It may be the new Panthers home jersey. If this is the real thing, I'm disappointed.

The "new" #FlaPanthers jersey

I'd say that's it.

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

George Richards of the Miami Herald's On Frozen Pond blog posted this on Twitter. It may be the new Panthers home jersey. If this is the real thing, I'm disappointed.

Yeesh. They're keeping that same template? I was hoping they'd try something a little different....at the very least, they should have reversed the sleeve stripes to be navy-yellow-navy (keeping the yoke navy), I think that would've looked much better.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I would expect nothing more from the Florida Panthers.

Still an ugly Edge template, still no hem striping. At least they got rid of the apron up-front. And if you're going with a red-blue-yellow color scheme, you really need some white to break it up - those sleeve half-stripes look very rec-league.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

In regards to the Panthers jersey (if it is legit)...

What a peice of junk... It looks like they spent all of 5 minutes thinking this through. They kept the hideous template with the sleeve stripes that intersect with the yolk as well as that painfully generic striping pattern. What is really unforgivable though is the lack of hem stripes. All they had to do was adapt the inaugural jersey template to the Edge Uniform system (which wouldn't be difficult to begin with) and they'd be perfect. So dissapointed but not surprised at all. It's the Panthers...

Wow, what a piss poor effort for the panthers. How can a team that had hardly any visual identity at all somehow manage to give themselves less identity? simply astounding.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

What's missing is the piping separating the yoke from the body, like they have on the navy one.

goqmqxlhmlezosp5ezo1562as.gif

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Wow, what a piss poor effort for the panthers. How can a team that had hardly any visual identity at all somehow manage to give themselves less identity? simply astounding.

How did the team give itself less identity?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

And while the removal of the apron/side piping is an improvement, removing the piping from the sleeve muddies the look. It's the Colorado Avalanche's problem all over again.

I feel like the Panthers are saying to their fans, "Oh, you want a red jersey? Sure, sure, we'll give you a red jersey..."

(I am assuming the Florida Panthers still have fans.)

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I don't love them. They're not even close to their original red jerseys, but they're certainly better than the navy blue ones they've been wearing since the edge takeover.

PvO6ZWJ.png

And while the removal of the apron/side piping is an improvement, removing the piping from the sleeve muddies the look. It's the Colorado Avalanche's problem all over again.

That's a good point. Maybe white piping would look good down the sleeves?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived