NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

329769249.jpg

That is a beauty indeed... I wanted to see something like that come back and replace that crappy pj look jerseys.. finally it is perfect... I would buy that in an instant for sure lol...

Now, what they should do is darken the blue, change the orange to copper. Maybe add some red accents around the main logo and the copper stripes. Then come up with a secondary shoulder logo, perhaps featuring imagery of a oil worker. THEN, these would be perfect!!!

somebody really liked these...

9697OilersGamerFront.jpg

those were my favorite set of jerseys for the oilers ever, too bad that jersey didnt last more then a year.

i like the rehash of the old colours, anything to get rid of out horrendous edge jerseys.

heres to hoping we get a new third jersey using the navy copper and red in a new template

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's some visual food for thought. It's not really a color wheel as someone mentioned a few posts back, but you get the idea.

So on that basis, the two colours Winnipeg should really avoid are royal blue and red.

That could be a problem...

329769249.jpg

That is a beauty indeed... I wanted to see something like that come back and replace that crappy pj look jerseys.. finally it is perfect... I would buy that in an instant for sure lol...

Now, what they should do is darken the blue, change the orange to copper. Maybe add some red accents around the main logo and the copper stripes. Then come up with a secondary shoulder logo, perhaps featuring imagery of a oil worker. THEN, these would be perfect!!!

9697OilersGamerFront.jpg

those were my favorite set of jerseys for the oilers ever, too bad that jersey didnt last more then a year.

i like the rehash of the old colours, anything to get rid of out horrendous edge jerseys.

heres to hoping we get a new third jersey using the navy copper and red in a new template

Not to show off my work or anything, but I really wish the Oilers would do something like this. You know, combine the best elements of all the looks.

329769249.jpg

9697OilersGamerFront.jpg

Not to show off my work or anything, but I really wish the Oilers would do something like this. You know, combine the best elements of all the looks.

Wow, that's exactly what I was talking about. Perfect mix of the two. Nicely done.

zzPEfBm.png

JERSEY-front.jpg

JERSEY-side.jpg

Looks like the Preds dropped Nashville off the front, but kept it on the back collar.

That's too bad. I actually liked the wordmark on the left side of the front. Maybe, maybe it would have looked better on the right side considering the left may get cluttered with the captain and alternate captain patches (which are stupid, btw), but the wordmark on the back of the collar is awful.

Re: the Oilers - I really miss that oil-rigger secondary. Definitely one of my all-time favorite shoulder patches. Loved just about everything about the MacFarlane jerseys, too.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Re: the Oilers - I really miss that oil-rigger secondary. Definitely one of my all-time favorite shoulder patches.

Same. Actually I would have made it the primary. The oil drop logo falls into the same category as the NY Islanders logo for me; an outdated mark that's been kept alive because of past success.

Loved just about everything about the MacFarlane jerseys, too.

I loved the shoulder patches. The robo sperm I could take or leave.

Re: the Oilers - I really miss that oil-rigger secondary. Definitely one of my all-time favorite shoulder patches. Loved just about everything about the MacFarlane jerseys, too.

Yeah, when Reebok came on board and ruined so many uniforms one of the worst thing was the disappearance of so many quality shoulder logos. Edmonton's Oil Rigger. Calgary's Flaming Horse Head. Pittsburgh's Robo Penguin. Toronto's TML. Buffalo's B-Sword (2010). I really miss the B-Sword logo of the Sabres if they had kept it and put it on their current home and away jerseys it would act as a unifying element for all their various looks and colour schemes. Luckily my Bruins had a huge upgrade in the shoulder logo department with the Reebok redesign!!! Whew!

shamrockles.png

shamrocklescronological.png

Yeah, when Reebok came on board and ruined so many uniforms one of the worst thing was the disappearance of so many quality shoulder logos. Edmonton's Oil Rigger. Calgary's Flaming Horse Head. Pittsburgh's Robo Penguin. Toronto's TML. Buffalo's B-Sword (2010). I really miss the B-Sword logo of the Sabres if they had kept it and put it on their current home and away jerseys it would act as a unifying element for all their various looks and colour schemes. Luckily my Bruins had a huge upgrade in the shoulder logo department with the Reebok redesign!!! Whew!

I missed the Oilers' rig worker, the Penguins' robot penguin, and the Sabres' B/sword.

Can't say I miss the Flames' horse head or the Leafs' TML mark though.

I've always thought the Oilers logo sucked. Even back in the 70s/80s. I always thought their blue and orange jerseys were ugly too. I thought they were garish then and find them even more garish now. The only Oilers uniforms I kinda liked were the pre-lockout jerseys they had. I think the midnight blue/copper color scheme is alot sharper than the bright blue/orange scheme they use now. I also thought the oil rig worker on the shoulders was a cool logo.

I think its lazy when teams bring back old uniforms and pass them off as "new". Its OK to reminisce about the past (ie retro night, or a throwback to celebrate an anniversary) but its not OK to live in it. People accuse Hollywood and the music industry of not having any imagination anymore. That all the movies and songs today are same old, same old. Remake after remake. You could say the same about hockey jersey designers. Instead of pulling out a jersey abandoned in the past from the back of your closet, come up with something new. Don't rehash old ideas and styles.

The Catch of the Day!

Los Angeles, I like the colors, but I can't see if a crown is present on the inside tip of the pencil-logo. I'm neither a fan of the piping, half-stripes, and I agree that they should make the crown the primary logo, and a shield logo for the shoulders. I'll just wait for someone to make a concept of that in a week or so. Lateral move, I haven't liked the Kings' jerseys since the Black and Silver era ended in the 1990's.

The KINGS ... IMO ... belong in purple

The logo from '88 when going with the 'gang' RAIDERS colors, looked too much like a Chevrolet logo, especially from a distance and on TV.

242.gif

just as Tampa Bay now looks like the Gatorade logo

97hhvk8e5if0riesnex30etgz.gif

I sooo agree regarding LA's large 'crown' logo which should be primary ........... I myself don't like 'crests' in hockey (which I consider LA's for '11/'12) .... I like a sizable logo.

4jzjfvwxifvemelyh9xjbnyr4.gif

Crests should stay in soccer where they're small & traditional on the kit. With crests you really need to be up very close to really make out. A logo like the big crown stands out. That crest LA wore around 2000 was even worse.

Regarding a remark made about the LA KINGS stealing the Sacramento KINGS shade of purple, I had always just perceived that they just wanted to distance their identity from the LAKERS but stay in some kind of purple, just as the PENGUINS wanted to shed the STEELERS look when switching to Vegas Gold trim. Plus they looked too much like the BRUINS.

Myself, I'm not that big a fan of having 2 different logos and/or crests show up on a hockey jersey.

When the SABRES this past season added a mini-version of their primary logo to their 3rd-uniforms which consists of a similar word-mark from the old BISONS logo, it very much took away from it. It pains me to say, but if they insisted on having the original logo show up on it, at least relegate it to the shoulders.

4ggefpg5rwe9nk1ehixgmu73b.gif

Bottom-line .. there's too much overkill in hockey jerseys these days, and I'm so tired of black uniforms ....

If the Oilers are to go orange and blue again, I'd rather they tone down both colours. The orange is far too loud and as is the blue. I'd like to see what it would look like if the Oilers took their vintage look and switched that blue with the midnight/dark blue, and just toned the orange down a touch.

But really, I'd prefer that they just stay with the copper/dark blue and re-do those jerseys. I don't know... I've never seen orange oil.

I know that saying this will probably anger a bunch of people on the boards because retro is the trend, but just because something is old, doesn't mean it's good.

I'm a huge oiler fan and I never buy anything orange/blue. Only copper/dark blue.

Both the ISLES and OILERS had dynasties ..... there's no reason to make major changes to their classic looks which they established with those identities.

Too many teams switching from Royal to Navy .... I just don't get why.

Montreal doesn't go thru these constant changes ... they'd riot up there if the 'holy pajama' was tampered with ....2 of their throwbacks worn a few seasons ago looked cool, but they kept it to a minimum.

Here's some visual food for thought. It's not really a color wheel as someone mentioned a few posts back, but you get the idea.

5870726924_e2b41f39fa_b.jpg

I had no idea that there really weren't many navy blue jerseys.

Wow... there needs to be way less black jerseys... and blue/red are pretty much even... more different colors would be welcomed IMO

tn_CoorsDog.jpgSharks_signature.jpgtn_five_hole_design_logo_copy.jpg

Wow... there needs to be way less black jerseys... and blue/red are pretty much even... more different colors would be welcomed IMO

Black is a simple choice for a 3rd jersey.

The Sharks, Bruins, Hurricanes, Ducks, and Blackhawks' third sweaters are all unnecessary, in my opinion.

at this point we don't even know what the blackhawks will use for a 3rd jersey with the rumored discontinuation of the winter classic gear.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

[picture of uniforms]

The Sharks, Bruins, Hurricanes, Ducks, and Blackhawks' third sweaters are all unnecessary, in my opinion.

And they're all awful too.

at this point we don't even know what the blackhawks will use for a 3rd jersey with the rumored discontinuation of the winter classic gear.

Baby blue jersey with Blackhawk logo in circle surrounded by "Chicago Blackhawks Hockey Club".

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived