Michigan football concept

JJSCOTT

This would prolly never fly with the tradionalists at UM but here is a design I cam up with... trying to incorporate some elements through the years with something modern. tried to keep the home jersey pretty simple as they are now and went a lil more extreme on the away. M gradient patterns on #'s stitched outline of block M on the shoulders and some small maize trims on collar and sleeves. I couldn't find a good template for adidas jersey sets so I used pro combat and threw adidas logo on collar... so try and ignore stitching template for jersey :P

05c65711.jpg

2ae634eb.jpg

This is actually pretty nice. The numbers on the road jersey are a little tough. I think you have a different color blue on the socks than the rest of the concept. Second, you have adidas marks on the Nike jersey, pants and shoes :-).

haha yeah i know like i said couldn't find a good template for adidas styled jerseys :P

i will fix the blue. debated on changing the opacity on the blue pattern for the M's on the away but just didn't look good. what do you think about same numbers as home with navy outline maybe?

Very nice. As a traditionalist re: UM, I would love this set with just a couple of minor tweaks:

-on the home jersey, the maize "M" outline on the shoulders is a bit much for me. I would prefer a return to the 1995-97 Nike-esque embossed "M" that was blue-on-blue.

-I like the 2nd road set better and would say go white/white with the shoulder M in the embossed method like the 95-97 Nikes. The maize outline probably isn't too awful on the white jerseys, but I do love the embossed M.

I like the Ms on the numbers, but not the gradient. 1st home and 2nd road jersey numbers look great.

Very nice. As a traditionalist re: UM, I would love this set with just a couple of minor tweaks:

-on the home jersey, the maize "M" outline on the shoulders is a bit much for me. I would prefer a return to the 1995-97 Nike-esque embossed "M" that was blue-on-blue.

-I like the 2nd road set better and would say go white/white with the shoulder M in the embossed method like the 95-97 Nikes. The maize outline probably isn't too awful on the white jerseys, but I do love the embossed M.

I like the Ms on the numbers, but not the gradient. 1st home and 2nd road jersey numbers look great.

haha see i knew the tradiontalists wouldn't like this. the embossed M on the shoulders is were i got the idea from. i don't think it would be as bold as just a stitched outline. i did it as an outline here cause when i did it as a stitch you actually could barely even see it. maybe seeing it that way will sway you on the stitched outline :)

b39c96ed.jpg

Bump the "traditionalists"...if I were a Michigan Man, I'd be all over this. It holds the basic design of the current uniforms, with just enough touches to bring it into the modern age...very subtle, and VERY well done. The two-tone blue numbers are a keeper, to go with the two-tone maize.

(AND...I think you pulled off here what adidas never could: modernizing in a tasteful manner. A-grade work.)

"traditionalists"...if I were a Michigan Man, I'd be all over this.

I agree with Buc, these sets are nice, especially since you kept a traditional look with the moderization.

Very nice concepts.

P.S. - I love the Wolverine Mascot you have for your Avatar. Your work?

cant say I'm feeling this. tell me I'm wrong, but I've never thought of the "M" logo as being that important to Michigan's identity. The helmet design, and the lack of white on the home uniform are what really solidify their identity, in my eyes.

So the whole overuse of the M logo here doesn't fly for me. I feel like, if anything, if you are going to go in a modern direction with Michigan the dominating element should be some type of jersey striping pattern that mimics their helmet. I always felt like that triple seemed shoulder stripe Michigan State had in the early 2000's would have actually worked really well on a Michigan uniform. (Kentucky wore it too)

I'd give a shot at putting that in there somehow, and maybe even using your conceptual logo. I was certain you used it when I clicked!

I feel like, if anything, if you are going to go in a modern direction with Michigan the dominating element should be some type of jersey striping pattern that mimics their helmet.

glad somebody mentioned this... here are 2 more versions that i went a lil more away from the traditional M uni's... Michigan traditionalists warning: you will not like what you are about to see! :P

65f52430.jpg

d86dfb4d.jpg

Archived