Tucson Padres logo

Oso

Supposedly, is going to have the Padres colors - white, navy and gray, which is replacing the parent club's khaki accents.

The team logo will be the San Diego Padres' late-1970s rounded, lower-case font with a desert mountain scene behind it.

It's awaiting league approval but should be released this week.

I was very pleased to find this post. I wanted to thank you for this great read!! This is a very informative post, it helps me more.

Mod redacted

:D and to think I originally began to develop a complex thinking someone genuinely enjoyed my post, only to find out it was a spammer.

One day.. One day.

Supposedly, is going to have the Padres colors - white, navy and gray, which is replacing the parent club's khaki accents.

The team logo will be the San Diego Padres' late-1970s rounded, lower-case font with a desert mountain scene behind it.

It's awaiting league approval but should be released this week.

This is a temporary stop for the team until they move to Escondido, CA (North San Diego County). I wonder if they'll keep the Padres name when they move up there? (the team is owned by the parent Padres franchise).

Can't wait to see the new logos, maybe it's a test run for future usage by the parent team?

This is a temporary stop for the team until they move to Escondido, CA (North San Diego County). I wonder if they'll keep the Padres name when they move up there? (the team is owned by the parent Padres franchise).

Can't wait to see the new logos, maybe it's a test run for future usage by the parent team?

I'm guessing it's a very temporary thing and doesn't hold much bearing as to what the future holds for the AAA team in Escondido. Multiple sources have said that the team is also inheriting some iteration of the Padres' 2010 camo alternates, as we all know the big league squad is updating their own on-field alternates for 2011. Also, according to this source, the Padres AAA affiliate could possibly be named the North County Friars.

I dont understand how they think people will drive up to NC to see an AAA team when they dont go to see one in downtown.

It works for the Seattle Mariners and the Tacoma Rainiers. Not to mention, I believe you're underestimating the amount of people who live in North County - especially Oceanside - who would gladly appreciate a cheaper option than traveling downtown all the time.

**yawn** nothing less then what i expected from a team thats basically a rental for a year or so, too bad the beavers couldnt just stay in portland till they were ready to move to SoCal but i suppose this is what we get to live with for a little while

Archived