NFL Playoffs

Dexter Morgan

So if the Jets are really playing the "uniform game" (since that is why they went with green pants at NE in the first place), I possibly see the green pants returning for the Super Bowl.

If they're really playing the "uniform game" then doesn't it seem to reason that they'll go with the all white look? It is after all what they were wearing in Super Bowl III.

2007-02-01-topper-namath.jpg

Wasn't that just a beautiful looking game Dennis? Gray facemasks and everything. :P

Negative on the gray facemasks. But I'd love to see Mark Sanchez bust out some white shoes as an homage to Broadway Joe.

And be fined a kajillion dollars by the NFL for doing so...

Ask Peyton Manning how that shoe tribute idea works out. <_<

87Redskins.png

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not that anyone cares, but if Green Bay knocks off Chicago next week...no matter the outcome of the AFCCG, we're headed for a Super Bowl featuring green and saffron. Kinda spiffy.

Actually, Pineneedle and Saffron.

And - you heard it here first - if the SB ends up being the Jets and Packers, we'd have two teams with the exact same shade of Green:

PTX_19-5920_TCX_SRGB.png

Yes, they both use that one.

Call me a homer, but the fact that its called "pineneedle green" is just proof that it should be worn by a team from Wisconsin and not NYC. Its always bugged me that the Jets felt a need to piggyback off the Packers even after the Eagles intro'd midnight green and gave the Jets ownership of kelly green by default.

Not that anyone cares, but if Green Bay knocks off Chicago next week...no matter the outcome of the AFCCG, we're headed for a Super Bowl featuring green and saffron. Kinda spiffy.

And - you heard it here first - if the SB ends up being the Jets and Packers, we'd have two teams with the exact same shade of Green:

PTX_19-5920_TCX_SRGB.png

Call me a homer, but the fact that its called "pineneedle green" is just proof that it should be worn by a team from Wisconsin and not NYC. Its always bugged me that the Jets felt a need to piggyback off the Packers even after the Eagles intro'd midnight green and gave the Jets ownership of kelly green by default.

This is Reebok standardizing the fabric color palette, not anything that the individual teams did.

I'd be shocked if anyone from the Packers or the Jets even know that color is even called "Pineneedle". Those are just color descriptions that Pantone, Inc. give to their Pantone Textile catalog.

PTX_19-5920_TCX_SRGB.png

This is Reebok standardizing the fabric color palette, not anything that the individual teams did.

I'd be shocked if anyone from the Packers or the Jets even know that color is even called "Pineneedle". Those are just color descriptions that Pantone, Inc. give to their Pantone Textile catalog.

I was referring more to how the Jets jumped on the Packers shade of green so shortly after kelly green became their own. The fact that it has a "northwoodsy" name is just a great coincidence :P

PTX_19-5920_TCX_SRGB.png

I was referring more to how the Jets jumped on the Packers shade of green so shortly after kelly green became their own. The fact that it has a "northwoodsy" name is just a great coincidence :P

What, trees don't grow in New York?

Packers-2.png

Green pants on the road are a win in more ways than one. Hope they break 'em out again in Pittsburgh.

I see them going to white since they beat them in all white in Week 15. Didn't they wear the green pants when Brien choked the game against the Steelers?

Yeah I think they did, I agree I see them in all white next week.

Yeah, they wore green for both road games in 2004. The Jets were huge underdogs for that Pittsburgh game and were game enough to forced OT. Yeah, Brien missed, but no hurt there. Unlike some teams, (Dallas Cowboys), the Jets don't worry about jinxes. Sometimes, it's not what color you wear, it's how you play!

HEY, there is a legit jinx on those blue unis. :P

Like what, they lost a game or two while wearing them? Please....

Well, the Patriots lost as #1 seed in their navy home uniforms today. Better throw 'em into the bonfire!

Trust me, not just the playoffs all the time. Ever wonder why with the exception of this year the Eagles and Redskins wear white at home against them? Theyre CURSED.

The Eagles really don't do the white at home thing against the Cowboys much anymore, unless it happens to be an early-season game that they would have worn white for anyway, or a very rare late-season exception. Not sure when the last time they did it against them after the 4th home game.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

PTX_19-5920_TCX_SRGB.png

Homer!

LOL New York features one of he larget pine barrens in the world, along with three others, while New Jersey is also known for one of it's own.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Weren't the Jets supposed to wear there inagural season patch all season?

No it was only for the OPENING game against the Ravens.

I know they did but I thought they were going to wear it all season.

No it was only planned for the first game.

PTX_19-5920_TCX_SRGB.png

Homer!

LOL New York features one of he larget pine barrens in the world, along with three others, while New Jersey is also known for one of it's own.

Alright!! Forget about the actual names of the colors for a minute (even though it's Wisconsin that's known for its role in the timber industry and that's why the Badgers play a rivalry game for Paul Bunyan's Ax :P)... FROM A MARKETING PERSPECTIVE, wouldn't it make more sense for the Jets to use a shade of green they would not only have exclusivity over, but is associated with the definitive point in their franchise's existence (Super Bowl III) rather than jacking another shade of green that, up to that point, had only ever been used by one of the NFL's most successful teams?

it's official: jets will be in white over green pants today in pittsburgh.

I was about to report the same thing. Michael Lombardi was in their locker room. That's how I saw them. It's definitely their best look.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

I was about to report the same thing. Michael Lombardi was in their locker room. That's how I saw them. It's definitely their best look.

Embrace your greenness. Be proud of your greenness.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I despise the Jets, but the white on green really is a wonderful look, one of my favorite road unis.

Archived