NFL Playoffs

Dexter Morgan

Not that anyone cares, but if Green Bay knocks off Chicago next week...no matter the outcome of the AFCCG, we're headed for a Super Bowl featuring green and saffron. Kinda spiffy.

Actually, Pineneedle and Saffron.

And - you heard it here first - if the SB ends up being the Jets and Packers, we'd have two teams with the exact same shade of Green:

PTX_19-5920_TCX_SRGB.png

Yes, they both use that one.

Call me a homer, but the fact that its called "pineneedle green" is just proof that it should be worn by a team from Wisconsin and not NYC. Its always bugged me that the Jets felt a need to piggyback off the Packers even after the Eagles intro'd midnight green and gave the Jets ownership of kelly green by default.

This is Reebok standardizing the fabric color palette, not anything that the individual teams did.

I'd be shocked if anyone from the Packers or the Jets even know that color is even called "Pineneedle". Those are just color descriptions that Pantone, Inc. give to their Pantone Textile catalog.

So do the Packers and Steelers both wear saffron? (This is, I believe, the first all-gold-pants Super Bowl.)

Packers-2.png

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not that anyone cares, but if Green Bay knocks off Chicago next week...no matter the outcome of the AFCCG, we're headed for a Super Bowl featuring green and saffron. Kinda spiffy.

Actually, Pineneedle and Saffron.

And - you heard it here first - if the SB ends up being the Jets and Packers, we'd have two teams with the exact same shade of Green:

PTX_19-5920_TCX_SRGB.png

Yes, they both use that one.

Call me a homer, but the fact that its called "pineneedle green" is just proof that it should be worn by a team from Wisconsin and not NYC. Its always bugged me that the Jets felt a need to piggyback off the Packers even after the Eagles intro'd midnight green and gave the Jets ownership of kelly green by default.

This is Reebok standardizing the fabric color palette, not anything that the individual teams did.

I'd be shocked if anyone from the Packers or the Jets even know that color is even called "Pineneedle". Those are just color descriptions that Pantone, Inc. give to their Pantone Textile catalog.

So do the Packers and Steelers both wear saffron?

They both wear the same shade of yellow/athletic gold.

Okay, so, knowing that...would y'all be mad if I took to calling this game the "Saffron Bowl"? ^_^

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Okay, so, knowing that...would y'all be mad if I took to calling this game the "Saffron Bowl"? ^_^

(Almost) Full disclosure on this color...

Solid/spot:

PLS_1235_C_SRGB.png

Fabric/Textile:

PTX_14-1064_TCX_SRGB.png

Robison-Anton thread:

RA-2463_THR_SRGB.png

Madeira thread:

MD-1137_THR_SRGB.png

There's also a Coats thread value, but I don't have RGB information on that particular thread set right now. In addition, there are custom RGB values, HTML values, grayscale usage values, and custom process simulation values. All shared by these two teams.

(Almost) Full disclosure on this color...

Solid/spot:

PLS_1235_C_SRGB.png

Fabric/Textile:

PTX_14-1064_TCX_SRGB.png

Robison-Anton thread:

RA-2463_THR_SRGB.png

Madeira thread:

MD-1137_THR_SRGB.png

There's also a Coats thread value, but I don't have RGB information on that particular thread set right now. In addition, there are custom RGB values, HTML values, grayscale usage values, and custom process simulation values. All shared by these two teams.

They're just mad about saffron ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCCjv2OiTxE

Packers-2.png

Can't believe 1) I forgot about this and 2) nobody else on this board of all places brought it up. Late in the AFC Championship, the left side of Roethlisberger's NOB came off and was flapping in the breeze every time he'd dodge the rush. Can't find a pic and since my %#*#* Game Rewind sub makes you pay more for the playoffs, I can't grab a screenshot.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Can't believe 1) I forgot about this and 2) nobody else on this board of all places brought it up. Late in the AFC Championship, the left side of Roethlisberger's NOB came off and was flapping in the breeze every time he'd dodge the rush. Can't find a pic and since my %#*#* Game Rewind sub makes you pay more for the playoffs, I can't grab a screenshot.

Yes I do remember that and it is surprising it didn't get mentioned here. The first half of it was flapping in the breeze. I commented on it to a friend of mine who just said "eh". Sometimes I wonder how people don't care about uniform stuff.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Uni Watch comes through:

5383180247_6cdfe841b4_o.png

I just spent 10 minutes reading reams of Uni Watch and somehow missed it. :wacko:

BTW, like during the rape investigation, most of the people calling NFL Radio are calling him Rossenberger/Rothenberger/Roethlisberg/Rossberger and evey other boneheaded mutilation of the poor bastard's name you can think of. It...ain't...that...hard. :D

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Archived