JETS WIN

AlletropirRetep

All this talk about classy players / fans / cities just shows how stupid the average American sports fan is. Someday most of you will grow up and realize that it's all fun and games, and if you look at it as more than that, you're a complete loser. It's really funny to read all the hate on the actual cities at play here. "My" teams biggest rivals are the New York teams, so of course I "hate the laundry", but I'd be a complete fool to argue that New York isn't an amazing city with some great people (and, just like anywhere else, some douchebags.) Seriously, this board is making me enjoy sports less and less just knowing that a win or loss by a particular team has such an effect on the self esteem of a certain subset of their fans.

That being said, Go Jets.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All this talk about classy players / fans / cities just shows how stupid the average American sports fan is. Someday most of you will grow up and realize that it's all fun and games, and if you look at it as more than that, you're a complete loser. It's really funny to read all the hate on the actual cities at play here. "My" teams biggest rivals are the New York teams, so of course I "hate the laundry", but I'd be a complete fool to argue that New York isn't an amazing city with some great people (and, just like anywhere else, some douchebags.) Seriously, this board is making me enjoy sports less and less just knowing that a win or loss by a particular team has such an effect on the self esteem of a certain subset of their fans.

I feel the exact same way.

Let another week of Jets personal smack-talk begin! It won't be long before Rex, Cro and Bart call out the members of the Steelers. I'd imagine Big Ben will be a pretty easy target for the Green and White.

6uXNWAo.png

I've gotta agree with you here. Yeah, I've had my times taking sports too seriously, but you're absolutely right in what you say. It's all okay to dislike or even hate a team, but when it gets to the point to where you hate the city and all it's inhabitants just becuase the team happens to play there, it's pretty ridiculous. Me personally, I find the Chargers rather annoying (they always manage to beat the Colts somehow before choke-mode kicks in :P) and I hate the Patriots, but San Diego is one of my favorite cities on earth and Boston is pretty incredible. I hate BYU with a gut-wrenching passion, but I grew up 20 minutes south from Provo, went there at some point three days a week at least, and the city is one of the nicest I've ever been to. I'm not trying to put myself on a pedestal here, but I'm just saying I completely understand what you're saying and understand your point. Go ahead and hate a team, but that's really as far as it should go. the city didn't beat up on anyone's @$$ and isn't your team's rival, the team itself is.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Let another week of Jets personal smack-talk begin! It won't be long before Rex, Cro and Bart call out the members of the Steelers. I'd imagine Big Ben will be a pretty easy target for the Green and White.

I'm stealing your sig until I can find a different one. Let me know if it's an issue.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I'm stealing your sig until I can find a different one. Let me know if it's an issue.

It's all yours, bro. Run with it!

6uXNWAo.png

I've gotta agree with you here. Yeah, I've had my times taking sports too seriously, but you're absolutely right in what you say. It's all okay to dislike or even hate a team, but when it gets to the point to where you hate the city and all it's inhabitants just becuase the team happens to play there, it's pretty ridiculous. Me personally, I find the Chargers rather annoying (they always manage to beat the Colts somehow before choke-mode kicks in :P) and I hate the Patriots, but San Diego is one of my favorite cities on earth and Boston is pretty incredible. I hate BYU with a gut-wrenching passion, but I grew up 20 minutes south from Provo, went there at some point three days a week at least, and the city is one of the nicest I've ever been to. I'm not trying to put myself on a pedestal here, but I'm just saying I completely understand what you're saying and understand your point. Go ahead and hate a team, but that's really as far as it should go. the city didn't beat up on anyone's @$ and isn't your team's rival, the team itself is.

Let's go further though - it's not even about hating a team anymore, due to the mass turnover that most teams go through every year. It really is about hating the laundry now. Hell, how many Yankee fans hated Johnny Damon until they loved him?

Now that Atlanta is out, I think a Jets/Packers Super Bowl would be pretty good. I hate the Steelers so I would never hope for them to get in. I have nothing against the Bears but there is a certain satisfaction in knowing that the team that clobbered yours took it all the way. I would feel pretty crappy if Green Bay puts up 3 or 10 points when they smoked the Falcons.

Now all we need is for Drakonius to start lecturing you about "loyalty" and "pride" and "class" because you dared to put a team other than your own in your signature.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I've gotta agree with you here. Yeah, I've had my times taking sports too seriously, but you're absolutely right in what you say. It's all okay to dislike or even hate a team, but when it gets to the point to where you hate the city and all it's inhabitants just becuase the team happens to play there, it's pretty ridiculous. Me personally, I find the Chargers rather annoying (they always manage to beat the Colts somehow before choke-mode kicks in :P) and I hate the Patriots, but San Diego is one of my favorite cities on earth and Boston is pretty incredible. I hate BYU with a gut-wrenching passion, but I grew up 20 minutes south from Provo, went there at some point three days a week at least, and the city is one of the nicest I've ever been to. I'm not trying to put myself on a pedestal here, but I'm just saying I completely understand what you're saying and understand your point. Go ahead and hate a team, but that's really as far as it should go. the city didn't beat up on anyone's @$ and isn't your team's rival, the team itself is.

Let's go further though - it's not even about hating a team anymore, due to the mass turnover that most teams go through every year. It really is about hating the laundry now. Hell, how many Yankee fans hated Johnny Damon until they loved him?

I can see that, absolutely. Same goes I guess for Vikings fans and Brett Favre, I'd imagine he wasn't too beloved in Minnesota before he arrived.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I can see that, absolutely. Same goes I guess for Vikings fans and Brett Favre, I'd imagine he wasn't too beloved in Minnesota before he arrived.

I hated Jaromir Jagr as a Pen, hated him as a Cap, still hate him. Granted I dont know "him" personally but still, I sports hate him.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Different shirt! Boo! Different shirt!

Now that Atlanta is out, I think a Jets/Packers Super Bowl would be pretty good. I hate the Steelers so I would never hope for them to get in. I have nothing against the Bears but there is a certain satisfaction in knowing that the team that clobbered yours took it all the way. I would feel pretty crappy if Green Bay puts up 3 or 10 points when they smoked the Falcons.

I agree with this.

Not only would we have an all-green Super Bowl (and, if I'm right, the NFC is the home team this year, meaning GB would be wearing their green tops, and one could only hope the Jets roll out in green pants), but there's a whole wealth of storylines behind this one.

For one, the Pack get the chance to add to their "Titletown" legacy. Speaking of legacies, Aaron Rodgers gets to put a certified stamp on his--since, you know, in the NFL you ain't good til' you done won you a lil' piece of the bling--and if they haven't already, the last few Favruh hangers-on can finally put all that mess behind him. (Plus, A-Rodg is just a damn good QB.) On the other side, larger-than-life Rex Ryan and all that New York swag, the larger-than-life persona he brings to the media, and has imparted on his team. Bart Scott getting a chance to fire off in front of the cameras again (a la one Keyshawn Johnson, after my Buccaneers won their SB title back in '03), and buried up underneath all that, LaDanian Tomlinson's shot at the bling, not to mention the other former Charger, Antonio Comartie (not that anyone cares) and Santonio Holmes, hero of SB43, all three getting a chance to stick it to their former teams. (I believe this will also be Jason Taylor's first shot at the bling, as well.)

And if nothing else...between Aaron Rodgers' would-be feel-good story, and the "world hates us" attitude of the Jets, this would be the ultimate good guys vs bad guys matchup.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

25 hours worth of traveling from South Dakota to the Middle East and the first thing the guy who greeted us announced to us was... "Guess what! The Patriots lost!" Just hearing that made it a great, great day! ^_^

IUe6Hvh.png

I was there Patriots fans are sore losers, Im 14 years old and got the finger by multiple people, great win though.

They were booing the team at halftime.

Terrible fans.

I can't someone flipping off a 14 year-old kid who's simply wearing a Jets jersey, but as far as the team getting booed at halftime... they absolutely deserved it. If you come out with a pathetic first-half performance like that you deserve to get booed. Plus, booing isn't nearly as bad as what else could be said.

25 hours worth of traveling from South Dakota to the Middle East and the first thing the guy who greeted us announced to us was... "Guess what! The Patriots lost!" Just hearing that made it a great, great day! ^_^

See you got that GTCC issue worked out...or didn't need it, one of the two. ^_^

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

See you got that GTCC issue worked out...or didn't need it, one of the two. ^_^

Both. Got it worked out AND didn't need it. ^_^

By the way, you're right about this base, it is very nice. I like it more than my home station!

IUe6Hvh.png

I believe this will also be Jason Taylor's first shot at the bling, as well.

Forget playing for a Super Bowl. I'm pretty sure this is the first time Jason Taylor's ever seen a Conference Championship Game! To add to that, this'll pretty much be LT's first time as well. The Chargers made it to the AFCCG three years ago in New England, but IIRC, Tomlinson was really banged up and touched the ball maybe once or twice in that game, and San Diego was dismissed.

6uXNWAo.png

Archived