Bmac's NHL

Bmac

This is my NHL, what else is there to say? Some teams will get major changes, others...not so much. This is my first concept (series) making hockey uniforms in Inkscape, the overall layout is much different than my previous work. Thanks to Speedy for making the template. Enjoy!

#1) Anaheim Ducks

#2) Atlanta Thrashers

#3) Boston Bruins

#4) Buffalo Sabres

#5) Calgary Flames

#6) Carolina Hurricanes

#7) Chicago Blackhawks

#8) Colorado Avalanche

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with a lot of the above comments:

Different shoulder patches on the home and away would be better.

More orange is good, but the sleeves seem like a bit too much orange.

My only other criticism is the left side panels on the home and road. They shouldn't cut into the orange on the hem/side. Try to continue the orange all the way around.

Overall, I really like these--especially the third.

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

I agree with a lot of the above comments:

Different shoulder patches on the home and away would be better.

More orange is good, but the sleeves seem like a bit too much orange.

My only other criticism is the left side panels on the home and road. They shouldn't cut into the orange on the hem/side. Try to continue the orange all the way around.

Overall, I really like these--especially the third.

Well said, and third is my favorite too. But the sleeve numbers also look a big too large. Perhaps it's the perspective of the jersey, it just seems like it should be about 10 percent smaller.

Here it is without the original shoulder logo:

AnaheimDucks1.png

Which is better?

I preferred the version with shoulder patches because now it's very obvious something's missing on the jersey. Plus, the Ducks aren't a team that could pull off not having any shoulder patches on a jersey of theirs. I think the main thing about your design is that there's a lot of orange (which makes sense, Orange County and all that), and that any jersey that has more/or the same amount as orange as it does black, appears to have too much going on. Personally, I like the first version better and have gotten used to the sleeve numbers, so it's a pretty solid concept.

Have you thought of making an alternate version of this using that color scheme too?

mightyducks_big.jpg

%7Boption%7D

Which is better?

I preferred the version with shoulder patches because now it's very obvious something's missing on the jersey. Plus, the Ducks aren't a team that could pull off not having any shoulder patches on a jersey of theirs. I think the main thing about your design is that there's a lot of orange (which makes sense, Orange County and all that), and that any jersey that has more/or the same amount as orange as it does black, appears to have too much going on. Personally, I like the first version better and have gotten used to the sleeve numbers, so it's a pretty solid concept.

Have you thought of making an alternate version of this using that color scheme too?

%7Boption%7D

I know what you mean. I think they are probably better with patches, but I understand the throwback logo might not fit in with the rest of the identity. I don't know that there are any other options though, which is why I didn't put any patches on the update.

Anyone else on the shoulder patches vs. no shoulder patches? I will try to post Atlanta wihtin the next day or so, whenever Anaheim is finished.

%7Boption%7D

Which is better?

%7Boption%7D

I know what you mean. I think they are probably better with patches, but I understand the throwback logo might not fit in with the rest of the identity. I don't know that there are any other options though, which is why I didn't put any patches on the update.

Anyone else on the shoulder patches vs. no shoulder patches? I will try to post Atlanta wihtin the next day or so, whenever Anaheim is finished.

Maybe you can use wildwing's avatar logo instead of the original mighty duck logo. Their original crest isn't that much of a throwback and would still work today. That way you can still use the colors you intended for the original shoulder patch and also have a gold oval reading "Anaheim Ducks" on both sides. That way it adds the gold to the shoulders and doesn't make the orange seem overbearing on this concept.

Really nice concept - I like the "old" Ducks logo for the 3rd uni! Well done BMac!

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Archived