1961 Fleer Baseball Card

JayJaxon

I wanted to take a little time to show off these 1961 Fleer cards I have been making. The ones on the top are obviously originals and the bottom row are the ones I created today. The template is available at my DeviantArt page (See below my sig for link)

Examples_61_Fleer.png

I would normally take requests for things like this but I just can't as of right now. If anyone wants to try the template out and post here, please feel free to do so. Thanks for looking everyone.

Pretty daggone spiffy, Jay. I do like how those came out.

(Off-hand question: might one be curious as to whether or not the original designer of these cards had Washington DC on the brain back then???)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I'm not really a baseeball fan and I wouldn't have much use for this template so I wont download it, but I must say that the examples look amazing and if was a baseball fan, I would definately use it

8026825156_0d03b8c868.jpg6864286734_be379a26d2_n.jpg

My fantasy teams: West Coast Cardinals (WRU), Glasgow Claymores (RLI) (Champions 2012) and Pemberton Foresters (VBL)

I'd like to see you play with some filters and age the pictures and even the template a bit to match it up with the original source.

As a concept I like it, just wouldn't mind seeing you age it that's all.

There were Fleer cards in 1961? Back when I collected cards the earliest Fleer cards I had were '81 (other than stickers.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Fleer has been around since the late 1800's but this 1961 set had me curious from the start. Take the examples listed above:

Joe Tinker died in 1948

Mel Ott Died in 1958

Frank Chance died in 1924

Tony Lazzeri died in 1946

Rogers Hornsby died a couple of years after this set came out but it showed him in a Cubs uniform. He was only with them for 4 years.

Johnny Mize, Babe Ruth, Three-Finger Brown, Lou Gehrig, and Ty Cobb are all in this set. Admittedly I didn't look too much into the set when I was looking for a card to re-create. I just went on one of my favorite baseball card sites and there it was.

I think these would look cool somewhat aged and faded like puck said.

For sure.

Lower the saturation of the player photos to look more dry, and old like the original.

And take a grunge brush and use it as the eraser and just click once or twice over it. That's what I use for worn effects mostly.

bufg.png

Archived