France National Team Jersey 2011-2012

exaccardi

That's a sharp looking kit, very nice. I love simple, classic looks like this. Definetely a win in my book.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

saw this on worldsoccershop- looks like france is switching over to nike from adidas

110117184512_2.jpg

the campaign slogan is "Vive le football libre"

536126.jpg

And not a moment too soon. As usual, another classy kit from Nike here. Les Bleus look sharp.

Very nice.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Thought I'd add a little insight since I know soccer isn't the most popular sport on this forum. It is interesting to note that not only have France and Adidas split, but they have ended what has essentially been a corporate marriage since the early 1970s. It was a relationship so long held that it will be quite unusual to see France without the three stripes. Not only that, but France was unique to the typical Adidas striping. They almost always used the striping to create the French flag by including a red stripe between the white stripes.

You can see the flag motif in the three stripes here. Shame to see that go, it was always a design feature I loved from France. It's been used for about as long as I can recall.

France_world_cup_070710-thumb-640xauto-220.jpg

I guess what I'm saying is that it will be shocking to see France in anything other than the three stripes. Their partnership with Adidas was more than just your typical team sponsorship. France and Adidas went together almost like a PB&J sandwich!

Anyways... regarding the new Nike set, it looks really great as far as kits go. Classic collar with some simplistic striping down the sides. The badge looks excellent too, especially when denoted with the match opponent. Overall a great effort from Nike. You can see some of the Umbro influence now that Nike owns Umbro.

france-11-12-nike-home-football-shirt-b.jpg

france-11-12-nike-home-football-shirt.jpg

Also note the sleeve ends in that one photo. They feature a longer cuff which is blue on the outside and red on the inside. The cuff may be flipped to feature the red or remain blue. The coach said it will be a team decision what color they will go with on match days.

Wait, Nike's taking the crazy uniform shenanigans outside of college football?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

On one hand, I love the simplicity of the look. It really is classy and a big step away from some of the unnecessary stripes and other embellishments Adidas tended to throw in there.

But you have to wonder whether adidas' designers would throw those extra elements in out of some obligation to give consumers their moneys worth. I mean, I'm not sure how I would feel if I were shelling out anywhere from $75 to $120 on what amounts to a blue polo shirt.

I had the same issue with the England World Cup kits made by Umbro. Classy, simple look, which I loved, but I would never spend money on. I have plenty of white collared shirts in my closet.

Also, did anybody else get the feeling that the French crest or one of those tiny flag emblems in that close-up shot might easily peel off?

On one hand, I love the simplicity of the look. It really is classy and a big step away from some of the unnecessary stripes and other embellishments Adidas tended to throw in there.

But you have to wonder whether adidas' designers would throw those extra elements in out of some obligation to give consumers their moneys worth. I mean, I'm not sure how I would feel if I were shelling out anywhere from $75 to $120 on what amounts to a blue polo shirt.

I had the same issue with the England World Cup kits made by Umbro. Classy, simple look, which I loved, but I would never spend money on. I have plenty of white collared shirts in my closet.

Also, did anybody else get the feeling that the French crest or one of those tiny flag emblems in that close-up shot might easily peel off?

There is a distinct difference between getting your moneys worth on a quality garment vs spending a lot of money on a product which features color panels of mesh, swooshes, piping, etc all designed to give the appearance of a top product. Often times, these additions clutter the product and make it come across as cheaper and lower end.

Compare this England kit to the World Cup kit as well as the most recent release.

024D6BA9-9F2D-D8F5-697B154197BE21CE.jpg

You've got diamond panels placed asymmetrically on the left shoulder with off placed red slashes beneath on both shoulders. The underarms feature a multicolored mesh panel which is actually the Three Lions crest. More diamonds and slashes on the shorts, as well as on the back.

Here is the current model:

England+v+France+International+Friendly+tvLtJs9pGPtl.jpg

It lacks the more modern trends today's football shirts seemingly always feature. A granddaddy collar, subtly placed St. George's crosses on the upper back, more basic shorts and socks. There are no color flashes, mesh panels, etc. However the actual garment is superior quality. I look at these two kits and I see one England squad with color flashes and mesh panels where ever they can stick them and they come across as unprofessional. I see the current England squad in a refined and classy kit and I have a sense of respect.

Now regarding the on field product, that's another story....

Brazil: Not really feeling that random green stripe in the middle of the yellow jersey. I'm sure there's probably some sort of explanation behind it, either from Nike or the Brazilian federation itself, but it just looks tacky. Someone else brought this up, but I really wish that this isn't Nike's "thing" for the 2011-12 campaign.

Barca: Sharp, as usual. I like that the main color is returning to blue. I mean, their current kits are good, but I wasn't particularly a fan of the emphasis on red. This is just a personal taste, though.

Man U: Not feeling the collar at all. But other than that, I can't really complain.

Arsenal: Ever since Arsenal lost their mind for a couple of years, they've put out some really nice looking kits. Though you can't really call this one new (other than the wreath surrounding the crest, commemorating 125 years for Arsenal), it's still a nice shirt.

Other than a few minor complaints, so far so good for Nike.

Archived