2011-2012 NCAA Football Uniform Thread

Lights Out

This is only tangentially related to uniforms, but as if we needed any more reason to think of Oregon as a bunch of unrelenting douchebags:

247816_10150213858629706_45710364705_6875100_4380273_n.jpg

This billboard is no different thatn any other billboard put up anywhere else in the States. Texas, Oklahoma, Florida, Ohio State, etc. I'm sorry but everyone who's bagging this because it's Oregon? They aren't the only ones putting these out so I don't see why everyone has to turned this into another anti-Oregon rant. I'd think Michigan's sweater vest billboard is more of a douche bag move than this. This is no different than the placards that are around every other college stadium

Yes it is. It's Oregon. It's Nike. : . It's bad.

Who doesn't eat turkey on thanksgiving?

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is only tangentially related to uniforms, but as if we needed any more reason to think of Oregon as a bunch of unrelenting douchebags:

This billboard is no different thatn any other billboard put up anywhere else in the States. Texas, Oklahoma, Florida, Ohio State, etc. I'm sorry but everyone who's bagging this because it's Oregon? They aren't the only ones putting these out so I don't see why everyone has to turned this into another anti-Oregon rant. I'd think Michigan's sweater vest billboard is more of a douche bag move than this. This is no different than the placards that are around every other college stadium

Oregonians eat roasted beaver guts. Then we all exchange flannel, followed by a recitation of Rachel Carson's Silent Spring. Then we get stoned off our asses and go home. What do you do for thanksgiving?

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Oregonians eat roasted beaver guts.

Except the 2010 Civil War was in December. :P

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Oregonians eat roasted beaver guts.

Except the 2010 Civil War was in December. :P

Who said this was sports related?

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

They eat their own mascot. The cannibals!

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

High time for a top 5 favorite uniform list heading into 2011.

Home

1) Auburn

2) LSU (purple)

3) Georgia (red on gray)

4) Southern Cal

5) Michigan

Road

1) Stanford (all white)

2) Texas

3) Alabama

4) Ohio State

5) Oregon ('10 civil war)

Geez, too bad the Big East/Least/Beast isn't represented here like the Pac-12. Then I'd (or some other Cuse fan, I'm not a huge of a homer with overrating the football team. Then again with Syracuse football that's not really possible thanks to G-Rob) be all like *garblegarble*We're the most academically superior football school according to US News*garblegarble*Ernie Davis*garblegarble*1959*garblegarble*Doug Marrone's tremendous*garblegarble*LOL Salute = Unsportsmanlike Conduct*garblegarble* and then some blatant Rutgers or UConn homer would be all like, well, whatever you Oregon and Arizona peeps would be then the Pitt and WVU peeps would get into pissing matches with the Rutgers or UConn homer like the ASU people even though it's really the Rutgers/UConn homer starting the pissing match and then the UConn homer will point out their success in women's basketbal and..... :P

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

Home

1) Auburn

2) LSU (purple)

3) Georgia (red on gray)

4) Southern Cal

5) Michigan

Road

1) Stanford (all white)

2) Texas

3) Alabama

4) Ohio State

Really? I though those were second worst uniforms Oregon has ever worn.

Home

1) Auburn

2) LSU (purple)

3) Georgia (red on gray)

4) Southern Cal

5) Michigan

Road

1) Stanford (all white)

2) Texas

3) Alabama

4) Ohio State

'09 Civil War is where it's at.

oregon-and-oregon-state-civil-war-game-b90351c3c7e2c56f_large.jpg

No, the '09 Civil War uniforms were bad because they broke up what was already an absolutely fantastic look. If Oregon had an ounce of sense, they'd adopt the 2009 throwbacks full-time.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

No, the '09 Civil War uniforms were bad because they broke up what was already an absolutely fantastic look. If Oregon had an ounce of sense, they'd adopt the 2009 throwbacks full-time.

Never. Oregon's identity is change. Oregon sticking with the same uniform is like Penn state changing every game.

In the interest of keeping things civil for once, I'm not going to respond to that.

I've liked them since I got this in the mail:

20101207_sicover.jpg

I'm obviously old school but those grays/charcoal mix is pretty bad ass, particularly the diagonal texturing on the numbers. :)

In the interest of keeping things civil for once, I'm not going to respond to that.

Good idea.

Just wanted to chime in on the billboard and offer my own theory: In past years, the billboard that hangs in the practice facility comes from a previous seasons campaign. im wondering if this was produced as a championship billboard to go up immediately had they won the game instead of just "outplaying" auburn. maybe they had a plan A and a plan B. plan B went up in public and plan A went into the practice facility. And as far as changing the game, the verdict is still out. that offense was incredible last year, but showed signs of fatigue towards the end of the season in(since nobody else will say it)a down year in the Pac 10. We'll see if that holds up season after season. Also, tradition apparently doesnt drive 115 at 430am with a suspended license in a car rented by a university employee.

Isn't there something all those programs have that Oregon doesn't?

Indeed. You get to claim you've changed the game as a champion when you've, you know, won a championship.

At least a modest sense of dignity and pride?

/Yes I went there.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Home

1) Auburn

2) LSU (purple)

3) Georgia (red on gray)

4) Southern Cal

5) Michigan

Road

1) Stanford (all white)

2) Texas

3) Alabama

4) Ohio State

Interesting that you put LSU's purples in there, because they rarely wear them. Once a season? I personally wouldn't rate them that high but they are nice jerseys, for sure.

Completely disagree with Auburn's homes, the mismatching stripe thing from pants-helmet/jersey bothers me SO much.

In other news, NO ONE CARES ABOUT THE PAC 10. This Oregon flame war is irrelevant because of a certain conference located in the southeastern region of the country that actually has good teams and wins national championships.

It would seem appropriate to go ahead and change the subtitle back to "oregon :censored:fest" or whatever it used to be.

Regarding the Kentucky uniforms, I don't know, that looks like some sort of fake to me. Just the way the numbers and circular logo look, also the way the wordmark looks to be a different angle than the front numbers. I feel like the legit nike mockups we've seen have been much less photoshop-py, the legit ones look like an actual uniform, this looks like a mediocre photoshop job. You never know with nike but that's just how this is coming across to me.

looks legit to me. To hard to fake some of the light reflections on that type of paper for the pic to be fake IMO.

Archived