2011-2012 NCAA Football Uniform Thread

Lights Out

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm on TeamBuilder, but where do you see what the teams are going to wear? Nooby question I know.

when you go into the uniform create you simply select "choose existing"

I'm having issues too, I've logged in to create a team bu cannot find this "choose existing" link.

A huge improvement over these monstrosities:

randall-cobb.jpg

Of course, since it's Nike and there's a unique uniform element (the checkerboard) involved, get ready for an avalanche of hate from the usual anti-Nike crowd.

Regardless, in my book, Kentucky now has the best uniforms in the SEC.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I actually liked those uniforms for Kentucky. The solid blue helmet was great. I'm going to have to get used to the white stripe, but I'll definitely welcome the new uniforms with open arms. Great update for them, but they have not looked bad in a while.

I actually liked those uniforms for Kentucky. The solid blue helmet was great. I'm going to have to get used to the white stripe, but I'll definitely welcome the new uniforms with open arms. Great update for them, but they have not looked bad in a while.

agree with your observations...the blue helmet is perfect without the stripe...in addition the white helmet adds nothing to their uniform....totally bland and unnecessary

the multiple helmet thing is turning football into baseball

As far as Kentucky, I do not like the white stripe on the helmet, but I do like the new home and road look overall. I love the checkerboard on the away jersey and the stripe on the back and side of the pants. Looking forward to seeing these guys this season (season ticket holder here). I am also torn on bringing back the white helmet, however, since it will only be used on the road I can deal with it more. Here are some better pictures for your viewing pleasure.

an0aA.St.79.jpg

1e5U35.St.79.jpg

wHWS3.St.79.jpg

spacer.png

Of course, since it's Nike and there's a unique uniform element (the checkerboard) involved, get ready for an avalanche of hate from the usual anti-Nike crowd.

0.jpg

There you go again....

Stop exaggerating. This "usual anti-Nike" guy just happens to love what Kentucky's done here. Love the checkerboard on the basketball uniform, love it here on the football uniform. The Cats have significantly jumped up on the list of best uniforms in the nation. Not THE best, but one of them.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

As far as Kentucky, I do not like the white stripe on the helmet, but I do like the new home and road look overall. I love the checkerboard on the away jersey and the stripe on the back and side of the pants. Looking forward to seeing these guys this season (season ticket holder here). I am also torn on bringing back the white helmet, however, since it will only be used on the road I can deal with it more. Here are some better pictures for your viewing pleasure.

an0aA.St.79.jpg

1e5U35.St.79.jpg

wHWS3.St.79.jpg

This set would be immeasurably better if it were worn blue over white and white over blue.

Hey, I said "get ready". I didn't say it was actually happening. B)

Alright, fair enough. :) I'm just saying, I don't expect there to be much hate at all for it. It's a nice, clean look that incorporates unique design elements without being gimmicky or wacky. A very nice balance.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

This set would be immeasurably better if it were worn blue over white and white over blue.

I understand, however, like many KY fans, we love the full blue on blue look. I am just thankful they kept it.

spacer.png

an0aA.St.79.jpg

1e5U35.St.79.jpg

wHWS3.St.79.jpg

Season ticket holder too and I HATE these. I cant believe guys on here actually like these things. CHECKER BOARD!? Remind you of anything???

checkerboard-endzone.png

Why not hounds tooth?

And single white stripe followed by checkerboard then single white stripe on blue pants double on white. And the WRAP around stripe from jake ass adidas circa 1990's NCState...really?

Its a hodge podge mess in my opinion, worst in the league for quite some time now. And no blue face mask ug, cant we do anything right in football?

Archived