2011-2012 NCAA Football Uniform Thread

Lights Out

A few things I noticed about the new team builder:

1. Army has an option for an all black helmet.

2. It seems they've kept all of the pro combats throughout the years.

3.Boston College has a gold alt. Also, they removed the shoulder eagle and replaced it with some weird pattern.

4.South Carolina has changed

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

weirdest thing is Washington State having "grey" and "silver" jersey and pants options, while EA got the helmets wrong. EA Sports..

also, not really uni related, but it appears from the demo that EA just threw dreadlocks on random players. I'd almost rather have it with no hair then hair on guys who dont have hair. they always find a way to do something really stupid.

itll be a biotch trying to edit out everything, considering im OCD about the authenticity of my game. oh well.

I actually liked those uniforms for Kentucky. The solid blue helmet was great. I'm going to have to get used to the white stripe, but I'll definitely welcome the new uniforms with open arms. Great update for them, but they have not looked bad in a while.

As far as Kentucky, I do not like the white stripe on the helmet, but I do like the new home and road look overall. I love the checkerboard on the away jersey and the stripe on the back and side of the pants. Looking forward to seeing these guys this season (season ticket holder here). I am also torn on bringing back the white helmet, however, since it will only be used on the road I can deal with it more. Here are some better pictures for your viewing pleasure.

an0aA.St.79.jpg

1e5U35.St.79.jpg

wHWS3.St.79.jpg

Season ticket holder too and I HATE these. I cant believe guys on here actually like these things. CHECKER BOARD!? Remind you of anything???

checkerboard-endzone.png

Why not hounds tooth?

And single white stripe followed by checkerboard then single white stripe on blue pants double on white. And the WRAP around stripe from jake ass adidas circa 1990's NCState...really?

Its a hodge podge mess in my opinion, worst in the league for quite some time now. And no blue face mask ug, cant we do anything right in football?

Yeah it reminds me of a certain horse that won the Kentucky Derby and the Triple Crown the year I was born....Secretariat! That is what the checkerboards are paying homage too. Here are some more pics:

WhiteHelmet.jpgWhiteJerseyFront.jpgWhiteJerseyBack.jpgWhiteJerseySide.jpg

spacer.png

A few things I noticed about the new team builder:

1. Army has an option for an all black helmet.

2. It seems they've kept all of the pro combats throughout the years.

3.Boston College has a gold alt. Also, they removed the shoulder eagle and replaced it with some weird pattern.

4.South Carolina has changed

I would hope they would have Army's black helmet. It looked very sharp against Air Force

110610-Air-Force-Army-Football-800.JPG

Yeah it reminds me of a certain horse that won the Kentucky Derby and the Triple Crown the year I was born....Secretariat! That is what the checkerboards are paying homage too. Here are some more pics:

BlueJerseyFront2.jpgBlueJerseyFront.jpgBlueJerseyBack.jpgSideShot.jpg

This is where they changed the look on the doors around campus:

UKStoreandCommonwealth.jpg

spacer.png

fantastic look for the Cats! But, I've always disliked how Kentucky and Tennessee both claim ownership of the checkerboard pattern, considering they are rivals with only a few hours of interstate 75 seperating them.

Tennessee has been using the checkerboard endzones since the 1960s (though they were not used in the early 80's). Kentucky has been using checkerboards as trim since 2008. Not much of a competition there.

Personally, I believe Kentucky added them to their football uniform to pay tribute to our 26-year winning streak over them. Makes sense.

I actually liked those uniforms for Kentucky. The solid blue helmet was great. I'm going to have to get used to the white stripe, but I'll definitely welcome the new uniforms with open arms. Great update for them, but they have not looked bad in a while.

As far as Kentucky, I do not like the white stripe on the helmet, but I do like the new home and road look overall. I love the checkerboard on the away jersey and the stripe on the back and side of the pants. Looking forward to seeing these guys this season (season ticket holder here). I am also torn on bringing back the white helmet, however, since it will only be used on the road I can deal with it more. Here are some better pictures for your viewing pleasure.

an0aA.St.79.jpg

1e5U35.St.79.jpg

wHWS3.St.79.jpg

Season ticket holder too and I HATE these. I cant believe guys on here actually like these things. CHECKER BOARD!? Remind you of anything???

checkerboard-endzone.png

Why not hounds tooth?

And single white stripe followed by checkerboard then single white stripe on blue pants double on white. And the WRAP around stripe from jake ass adidas circa 1990's NCState...really?

Its a hodge podge mess in my opinion, worst in the league for quite some time now. And no blue face mask ug, cant we do anything right in football?

I know the Secretariat tie in, kinda like how Toronto ended up with the Raptors, piggie backing off a movie, cheep and lame stunt. Go to the Horse Park and look at Secretariats nice cute little statue and then turn around and look at a real statue, Man O War, Lexington's horse. I just cant get rockie top out of my head looking at these...plus Secretariat was blue and white checkers, not blue on blue...like I said, hounds tooth would have been less obvious...

At least there is the possibility of the true Kentucky football uniform...White helmet, Blue jersey and White pants...thank the dear Lord.

Doesn't the basketball team use a checkerboard look on their shorts also? All in all I think it looks pretty sharp, even if it does remind UK fans of Tennessee. But hey, on the bright side UK fans, at least you know it's gonna piss off UT fans. I'm sure they'll growl and say checkerboards are their thing.

90758391980.gif

At least there is the possibility of the true Kentucky football uniform...White helmet, Blue jersey and White pants...thank the dear Lord.

Except for Tim Couch being in those uniforms, they were ugly. I love the monochrome look, however, they need to change the color of the helmet because those blues do not match. They kind of look like those hideous uniforms the Minnesota Vikings used to wear. Chris-Carter.jpg

spacer.png

Doesn't the basketball team use a checkerboard look on their shorts also? All in all I think it looks pretty sharp, even if it does remind UK fans of Tennessee. But hey, on the bright side UK fans, at least you know it's gonna piss off UT fans. I'm sure they'll growl and say checkerboards are their thing.

The checkerboards on the Basketball team shorts represents the 7 National Titles the team has won.

spacer.png

It's ok, the 26 consecutive football wins soften the blow.

Zing! Well said, well said. Take that NIKE and UK, with your checkerboard copying ways!

90758391980.gif

That is a horrible record that you guys have on us, but at least we've been to 5 consecutive bowl games unlike you guys.

spacer.png

FCS is missing a few SLC teams for logos. Weird.

Doesn't surprise me. EA pays little attention to FCS save for the Ivy League, MEAC, SWAC, CAA and Big Sky. The logo they have for McNeese is now an outdated logo. Glad to see they have an updated Nicholls State logo, though. From what I can see, they're missing logos for Central Arkansas, Lamar and Southeastern Louisiana

gYH2mW9.png

On a serious note, I do like these.

Still, whatever Nike's inspiration, I think of I was a Kentucky fan, I wouldn't like it that a key design element of a rival school's identity is on my uniforms. I said the same thing when they added them to the UK Basketball uniforms.

It would be like us adding houndstooth trim to our uniforms and justifying it by putting up a picture of General Neyland wearing it (which he did while beating Bear Bryant when the Bear was at UK).

Well, my school is better than your school at athletics, academics, and number of attractive females, so there!

But does your school have ownership over "The?"

Ignoring whether Kentucky fans are pissed or Tennessee fans are annoyed or whatever, I really like the new Kentucky uniforms. Also, they're not going to have "Kentucky" on the back are they? That's just a weird unveiling thing, right? Please...

Archived