2011-2012 NCAA Football Uniform Thread

Lights Out

ULL is going to unveil new uniforms on August 10th. There is a very strong possibility that they will be using either white or black helmets. I think the pictures of those helmets have already been posted.

I posted possible helmets back in April - a black and a white with different decals on them. I'll keep you guys posted as soon as I hear anything more.

gYH2mW9.png

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From Husker Fan Day:

tO5pY.jpg

It looks like Nebraska is wearing a new patch on the left shoulder that says "Big Red in the Big Ten - The Inaugural Season". Looking at other photos, some players had the patch on their jerseys, some did not so I don't know if it will be a game worn patch or not.

Wonder if they can figure out a way to shoehorn another logo patch onto their jerseys. Maybe an anniversary or something

From Husker Fan Day:

tO5pY.jpg

It looks like Nebraska is wearing a new patch on the left shoulder that says "Big Red in the Big Ten - The Inaugural Season". Looking at other photos, some players had the patch on their jerseys, some did not so I don't know if it will be a game worn patch or not.

Wonder if they can figure out a way to shoehorn another logo patch onto their jerseys. Maybe an anniversary or something

I'm surprised all B1G teams aren't wearing team colored versions of the new conference logo like the PAC10 did last year, especially with the addition of Nebraska.

I think UB's new uniforms are sick. I can't wait to see them in action. They say they're using last years helmet, which would look terrible because it is a completely different shade of blue. I wish they added a black alt.

Woah! You think I'm Cody? My name is Carl Scott Simone and we just happen to share a birthday. BIG DEAL.

I'm surprised all B1G teams aren't wearing team colored versions of the new conference logo like the PAC10 did last year, especially with the addition of Nebraska.

If NCAA12 is to be believed, only Illinois and Indiana will be wearing the logo on their jerseys. Oh, and because the B is jersey color, it looks even more terrible than on other applications.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Miami has ditched the orange pants, green pants, and green jersey.

http://hurricanesports.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/080611aaj.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

2011 JERSEY COMBINATIONS REVEALED

The Hurricanes' jersey combinations have been set for the 2011 season and they're keeping it simple. Only two different jersey combinations will be used this season, with the Canes wearing orange tops and white pants at home, while donning all

I like them keeping it simple, but I would have liked to see orange pants on the road

I agree. If they want to keep it simple, they should wear orange/white at home and white/orange on the road. Bizzarely enough, I'm not much of a traditionalist, but I am when it comes to Miami's combinations.

From Husker Fan Day:

tO5pY.jpg

It's funny how people cry about modern teams like Oregon adding a uniform or piping that looks good, but when "traditional" teams add a ridiculous amount of patches on their jersey it's okay. What happens IF this team makes a bowl game? that's 3...

you can say "the black jersey/helmet is pointless" "pointless piping" but isn't this patch pointless? everyone on earth knows they joined the Big 10

It's funny how people cry about modern teams like Oregon adding a uniform or piping that looks good, but when "traditional" teams add a ridiculous amount of patches on their jersey it's okay. What happens IF this team makes a bowl game? that's 3...

you can say "the black jersey/helmet is pointless" "pointless piping" but isn't this patch pointless? everyone on earth knows they joined the Big 10

So, you think adding a commemorative patch is worse than adding a black helmet and jersey when black isn't in the color scheme? Really?

OldRomanSig2.jpg

So, you think adding a commemorative patch is worse than adding a black helmet and jersey when black isn't in the color scheme? Really?

Worse? Is there some sort of hierarchy of unnecessary uniform design elements? So piping beats patches, BFBS beats piping, and anthcrite is worse than piping? Jesus Christ on a stick judge uniforms based on overall design, not special criteria that some uniforms worse than others. ASU's monochrome black doesn't automatically look worse than ULL's uniforms just because one is BFBS. This is starting to get ridiculous.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Worse? Is there some sort of hierarchy of unnecessary uniform design elements? So piping beats patches, BFBS beats piping, and anthcrite is worse than piping? Jesus Christ on a stick judge uniforms based on overall design, not special criteria that some uniforms worse than others. ASU's monochrome black doesn't automatically look worse than ULL's uniforms just because one is BFBS. This is starting to get ridiculous.

A patch is a one year thing. Sometimes they detract from a jersey's overall aesthetic, but after the season's over they're gone. Adding black to a uniform set that had previously been black free is always meant to last. It's not a one year temporary thing. It's there to stay until the next uniform do-over, and even then it has a tendency to stick around through two or three sets. That's the difference. A patch is temporary, and in some cases it looks nice too. Adding black almost always looks awful and it's never done as a temporary measure.

I can only think of one team's colour scheme, either at the pro or scholastic level, that benefited from the unnecessary addition of black; the Calgary Flames. It's muddled up every other identity it's been unnecessarily injected into.

A patch is a one year thing. Sometimes they detract from a jersey's overall aesthetic, but after the season's over they're gone. Adding black to a uniform set that had previously been black free is always meant to last. It's not a one year temporary thing. It's there to stay until the next uniform do-over, and even then it has a tendency to stick around through two or three sets. That's the difference. A patch is temporary, and in some cases it looks nice too. Adding black almost always looks awful and it's never done as a temporary measure.

I can only think of one team's colour scheme, either at the pro or scholastic level, that benefited from the unnecessary addition of black; the Calgary Flames. It's muddled up every other identity it's been unnecessarily injected into.

Actually, it's usually done on a temporary measure. very few schools (Oregon, ASU) have actually used black consistently after introducing it. Most of this time, it's just for one game as a "blackout" promotion.

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Actually, it's usually done on a temporary measure. very few schools (Oregon, ASU) have actually used black consistently after introducing it. Most of this time, it's just for one game as a "blackout" promotion.

No, it's not temporary. Even if a black jersey is limited to one or two "blackout" games a year it's still being shoehorned into uniform sets year after year. With a patch it's gone by the start of next season.

I get that you like black uniforms, and that's fine. It would be boring if we all liked the same thing. Don't lie/twist reality to make a point though.

No, it's not temporary. Even if a black jersey is limited to one or two "blackout" games a year it's still being shoehorned into uniform sets year after year. With a patch it's gone by the start of next season.

I get that you like black uniforms, and that's fine. It would be boring if we all liked the same thing. Don't lie/twist reality to make a point though.

When was the last time MTSU has worn back? SMU? Utah? Virginia Tech? Florida State? Kentucky? Mississippi State? FIU? Most of the time, it's temporary or rarely used. They almost ever incorporate it into their color schemes. Even multiple BFBS offenders (Washinton, Rutgers) haven't incorporated it into the color schemes (although with the success UW has had in those uniforms, they actually might). like I said, the only two teams that haven't done this are ASU and Oregon. And I don't like black uniforms. I like black uniforms when they actually create a new uniform for them instead of just recoloring their previous uniform black.

Archived