2011-2012 NCAA Football Uniform Thread

Lights Out

Which Boise picture is yours? Were you at the Nike Football Summitt?

http://i1012.photobucket.com/albums/af246/Jahgee11/ProCombatPaint-1.png

I drew that.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone else get a bad Cross Colours vibe off these style of jerseys?

Hmmm, I guess I see it... sort of. Hard to tell when the jersey is in the last colors you'd ever associate with CC.

Also, that TCU jersey looks terrible.

Probably because he posted a T-Shirt rather than the jersey

A horribly photoshopped t-shirt at that.

What would you have done differently? Looks the same as every other college t-shirt CGI nike has ever made to me.

http://i1012.photobu...mbatPaint-1.png

I drew that.

Sorry, I just used it so I could make a quick example, if you want I'll take it down

Oh no, I didn't mean it in that way. Use it all you want as long as you don't try to claim it as your own.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

http://i1012.photobu...mbatPaint-1.png

I drew that.

Sorry, I just used it so I could make a quick example, if you want I'll take it down

Oh no, I didn't mean it in that way. Use it all you want as long as you don't try to claim it as your own.

Ok, this is the only place I planned on using it anyway

Signature.png

TrophyCase-1.png

Here is Oregon's jersey if they were the home team:

FF_593584ALT1_xl.jpg

Damn, Oregon should have been the home team. That's much better than the abomination they actually wore.

These numbers would have been way too hard to read from the stands or even the TV booth.

What if the numbers were silver carbon? Would that have been better?

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Oklahoma State

2cm16w.jpg

Is this for real, or just a mockup of some sort? I actually kinda like it....slap a white helmet on that and it's a total winner. Not that the black helmet looks bad, but I think the white helmet would look great with it, too.

EDIT: Just saw the Purdue one...eh, I don't like that one as much. I'm very partial to the Brees-era uniforms, and I think I full-on return to that or at least something similar would have been much better.

Hey, come to think of it, weren't some of this past season's new uniforms "leaked" on NCAA Teambuilder? Anyone know when the new Teambuilder comes out, if there is a new one?

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Nike chose Oregon, TCU, Boise and Florida to debut their new cleats: the Nike Zoom Alpha Talon. As part of that promotion, Nike designed new uniforms for those teams to wear during the bowls.

Because they were debuting new shoes, Nike had to desing a whole uniform to go with them? That seems excessive to me.

Plus the flashy nature of the uniforms draws attention away from the very cleats Nike is trying to promote.

Oklahoma State

2cm16w.jpg

Is this for real, or just a mockup of some sort? I actually kinda like it....slap a white helmet on that and it's a total winner. Not that the black helmet looks bad, but I think the white helmet would look great with it, too.

EDIT: Just saw the Purdue one...eh, I don't like that one as much. I'm very partial to the Brees-era uniforms, and I think I full-on return to that or at least something similar would have been much better.

Hey, come to think of it, weren't some of this past season's new uniforms "leaked" on NCAA Teambuilder? Anyone know when the new Teambuilder comes out, if there is a new one?

I am not sure on these. These are nike-produced, not photoshopped.

I know some of the Oklahoma State staff were in China with the TCU AD and Phil Knight and Knight would like to make new uniforms for Oklahoma State.

The Purdue picture is hanging in their locker room (which seems weird whether they will wear those or not).

Nike chose Oregon, TCU, Boise and Florida to debut their new cleats: the Nike Zoom Alpha Talon. As part of that promotion, Nike designed new uniforms for those teams to wear during the bowls.

Because they were debuting new shoes, Nike had to desing a whole uniform to go with them? That seems excessive to me.

Plus the flashy nature of the uniforms draws attention away from the very cleats Nike is trying to promote.

I didn't say they had to, but that is what they did.

Some other schools (Alabama that I know of) got the new shoes but only in black/white rather than team specific colors like the 4 I mentioned.

Archived