2011-2012 NCAA Football Uniform Thread

Lights Out

This seems to indicate that the uniform Oregon wore in the game and the anthracite one I posted will be Oregon's 2011 uniforms. Wonder if the same is true for Boise and TCU.

?As we?ve always said, what the Ducks decide to wear on game day is ultimately up to them,? Nike spokeswoman Erin Dobson said. ?We provided the team with a home and away options and they recently chose to include the 2011 version Pro Combat anthracite pants, replacing the white.?

http://blog.oregonlive.com/behindducksbeat/2011/01/nikes_phil_knight_enjoys_the_g.html

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not sure on these. These are nike-produced, not photoshopped.

I know some of the Oklahoma State staff were in China with the TCU AD and Phil Knight and Knight would like to make new uniforms for Oklahoma State.

The Purdue picture is hanging in their locker room (which seems weird whether they will wear those or not).

Yeah, I remember reading somewhere that Oklahoma State was planning to be Oregon-esque in terms of possible combinations next year. IIRC, "pearl white" was floated as a possible color.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

This seems to indicate that the uniform Oregon wore in the game and the anthracite one I posted will be Oregon's 2011 uniforms. Wonder if the same is true for Boise and TCU.

?As we?ve always said, what the Ducks decide to wear on game day is ultimately up to them,? Nike spokeswoman Erin Dobson said. ?We provided the team with a home and away options and they recently chose to include the 2011 version Pro Combat anthracite pants, replacing the white.?

http://blog.oregonlive.com/behindducksbeat/2011/01/nikes_phil_knight_enjoys_the_g.html

Anthracite?

*flashes bat signal at CWx...*

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

?Chip usually makes the decision,? he said before Monday night?s game start.

Nike concurred.

?As we?ve always said, what the Ducks decide to wear on game day is ultimately up to them,? Nike spokeswoman Erin Dobson said.

Right, and I'm Queen Elizabeth II.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Purdue

nikecombat.jpg

I'd love for Purdue to do something different...I've been a Boiler fan since the late '60s (grew up in West Lafayette, Dad's a Professor Emeritus of Economics at Purdue), and I've had this thought of creating numbers that were not only beveled (and using the additional color Silver that's present in the logos), but also incorporating visual "rivets".

I'm not saying that these riveted numbers should be necessarily full-time, but maybe used in an alt uniform.

boardgifsVinceOMG.gif

Oh dear.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I'd love for Purdue to do something different...I've been a Boiler fan since the late '60s (grew up in West Lafayette, Dad's a Professor Emeritus of Economics at Purdue), and I've had this thought of creating numbers that were not only beveled (and using the additional color Silver that's present in the logos), but also incorporating visual "rivets".

I'm not saying that these riveted numbers should be necessarily full-time, but maybe used in an alt uniform.

No, riveted numbers would be ten different kinds of awesome and would definitely work full-time. They'd be appropriate for Purdue's uniforms.

No, riveted numbers would be ten different kinds of awesome and would definitely work full-time. They'd be appropriate for Purdue's uniforms.

I was thinking the same thing, as long as they are not overdone.

The uniforms are a different shade of blue than the turf, first of all. Second all, the blue turf is a program tradition and a major part of Boise State's identity, so it's not going anywhere.

h9pBn.gif

Bright blue is bright blue, no matter what name given them.

As far as Boise State's identity, most outside of Idaho believe that it's playing easy schedules.

Using FG kickers as a scapegoat and threatening them when losing to a school that hadn't even been ranked in the Top 25 for over 60 years, is that part of the Boise State 'identity' too??

Heaping :censored: on kickers who can be blamed for costing a team important games isn't something exclusive to Boise. I would know...

Except their uniforms are dark blue while the turf is more of a royal blue. There's a noticeable difference:

64150008-boise-state.jpg

As far as Boise State's identity, most outside of Idaho believe that it's playing easy schedules.

SEC trolls do not make up "most" outside of Idaho.

Using FG kickers as a scapegoat and threatening them when losing to a school that hadn't even been ranked in the Top 25 for over 60 years, is that part of the Boise State 'identity' too??

Except you're trying to demean the same fanbase who classily started a "Bronco Nation Loves Kyle Brotzman" Facebook fan page that garnered national media attention in the wake of the loss. The few people who sent threats hardly compares to the 46,166 people who liked that page.

Regardless, this has nothing to do with the uniforms, so let's get back on topic.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

To tell you the truth, I love how the blue, orange and grey look together. Blue, orange and white is too predictable and too 'Florida.' I like using the grey. It's unique and a little bit unexpected. They've got to get a real helmet logo, though. I want to see a 'B' or a 'BSU' monogram on the helmet.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Except their uniforms are dark blue while the turf is more of a royal blue. There's a noticeable difference:

64150008-boise-state.jpg

Regardless, this has nothing to do with the uniforms, so let's get back on topic.

The Boise uniforms are NOT dark blue, they're royal blue no matter what name is given for it. Their field turf while not being 100% identical to the uniforms color blue is extremely close.

Dark blue is what you see below, or what you see the Houston Texans or Denver Broncos wear.

7009A_BBI_EQJ6972_216_MB.jpg

boardgifsVinceOMG.gif

Oh dear.

Optimus_face.jpg

Nike must be stopped. Whatever the cost.

Anthracite?

I want to know this too. So Colorwerx, what is Anthracite?

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

"As we've always said, what the Ducks decide to wear on game day is ultimately up to them," Nike spokeswoman Erin Dobson said. "We provided the team with a home and away options and they recently chose to include the 2011 version Pro Combat anthracite pants, replacing the white."

http://blog.oregonli...joys_the_g.html

Anthracite?

According to the Pantone Textile library, it's this:

PTX_19-4007_TCX_SRGB.png

I don't know if that's the exact color the article is referring to, or not.

Anthracite?

Dark grey. I have a couple "anthracite" colored things from, Nike, and it's all dark grey.

64150008-boise-state.jpg

The Boise uniforms are NOT dark blue, they're royal blue no matter what name is given for it. Their field turn while not being 100% identical is extremely close.

Dark blue is what you see below, or what you see the Houston Texans or Denver Broncos wear.

7009A_BBI_EQJ6972_216_MB.jpg

Here's the official Blue for Boise State's athletic teams:

PLS_ReflexBlue_C_SRGB.png

The uniforms are a different shade of blue than the turf, first of all. Second all, the blue turf is a program tradition and a major part of Boise State's identity, so it's not going anywhere.

h9pBn.gif

Yeah, that was too ridiculous for me to even respond to.

Anthracite?

Dark grey. I have a couple "anthracite" colored things from, Nike, and it's all dark grey.

Exactly. It has been a nike color name for a long time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthracite

Archived