2011-2012 NCAA Football Uniform Thread

Lights Out

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol, you love to troll anything Nike spitting your Oregon hate huh Kev

Anyway. Nike can hold us hostage all they want, we have the best facilities, the best uniforms, and :censored:, we were just in the national championship. It feels great to be a Duck.

Oh I forgot all about the newest basketball uniforms, and wait for it....NEW ARENA. Which is a work of art btw.

Thank god for Nike.

Go Ducks!

I applaud tcu for sticking to their guns but you're naive to think that nike wasn't pissed and that tcu wouldn't fall off the "elite" list and go back to 2nd tier school status...this is big time business and nike always gets their way in the long run...if not they move on to the next school that will play ball.

I know for a fact Nike was pissed. I wasn't saying the contrary at all; rather I was saying Nike didn't, and couldn't, force TCU to wear what Nike wanted. I also know for a fact our athletic director is currently touring Nike's facilities all over Asia with Phil Knight and we aren't moving down to a 2nd tier status anytime soon.

Nike goes with who will make them money and TCU is doing that right now.

What you need to realize, however, is that TCU isn't dependent on Nike like Oregon is. TCU has the freedom to say no. Oregon doesn't.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/michael_rosenberg/01/06/oregon.knight/index.html?eref=sihp

Obviously the design geek in me doesn't care too much for this, but if some rich alum wants to subsidize the entire football program in exchange for testing out his batshyt insane uniforms thereby leaving more money that can be spent on education, then I can't be too mad about it.

I'm not sure that much is going to the educational side of things.

Jesus Christ! Shut up about Oregon "paying players"! That hasn't even been brought up in the media! They're not even in the SEC!

Kevin's Arizona homerism is just as tired an act as your constant SEC trolling.

No, I don't totally hate Nike. I mean, I can't hate them too much since they're responsible for Arizona's awesome uniforms, so they prove that a broken clock is right twice a day.

I'll keep hating till the day I die.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Jesus Christ! Shut up about Oregon "paying players"! That hasn't even been brought up in the media! They're not even in the SEC!

Dude if you think players receiving payments is something that may occur exclusively in the SEC, you'd be entirely off base. Ever heard of the Southwest Conference? SMU death penalty? Go watch the ESPN special on SMU and it documents how the entire conference was notorious for essentially trying to outbid each other for players.

"Trolling"? Thanks to Albert Means, Lane Kiffin, and Cam Newton, the SEC has developed a reputation for unsavory recruiting, whether you accept it or not.

And also, it was clearly tongue-and-cheek. Of course schools outside the SEC pay players. Hell, Texas Tech has been among the worst offenders.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Every team cheats. Not every team has a major corporation helping them to cheat.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Anyway. Nike can hold us hostage all they want, we have the best facilities, the best uniforms, and :censored:, we were just in the national championship. It feels great to be a Duck.

Oh I forgot all about the newest basketball uniforms, and wait for it....NEW ARENA. Which is a work of art btw.

Thank god for Nike.

Go Ducks!

I get the weird feeling that Phil Knight could come unhinged at any moment. there are some pretty sketch details about the way he's held the athletic department and the school hostage. Its all positive now, but wait until Uncle Phil goes all Al Davis on the program.

4d3661f37482eimage.jpg

Every team cheats. Not every team has a major corporation helping them to cheat.

They just have other boosters. Why does it matter that Oregon's biggest one happens to be the guy that makes their uniforms?

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

They just have other boosters. Why does it matter that Oregon's biggest one happens to be the guy that makes their uniforms?

There are a lot of fuzzy details...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/michael_rosenberg/01/06/oregon.knight/index.html?eref=sihp

"In the second- and third-floor women's bathrooms, facing the stalls is a larger-than-life mirror etching of Knight."

Unethical? No. F'in creepy? Very.

Unethical? No.

That has yet to be seen.

But you can't really accuse Oregon of paying players without, you know, some actual proof to back it up.

It always takes time for that to come out. I hate to quote that bastard in Cuba, but history will vindicate me.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. When you compare the state of Oregon athletics now to where they were before Phil got involved, this is a no-brainer. I hear and comprehend the negatives, but they just don't hold any weight when compared to the positives Nike brings to our athletic programs.

When Phil's actions become a burden on the school I'll change my opinion about it, but right now all I can say is THANK YOU PHIL FOR ALL THAT YOU HAVE DONE FOR THE DUCKS.

If the worst that can be said is that our basketball floor is ugly and our socks aren't the right shade of yellow . . . well, big whoop. The $300 million invested in the athletic program makes it all worth it. I agree that a line needs to be drawn somewhere, but its not at the design of a court or uniforms.

And don't forget the fact that we aren't being held hostage by some random athletic outfitter. Phil Knight is an Oregon grad. Bill Bowerman was an Oregon grad. Tinker Hatfield is an Oregon grad. Oregon made the people that made Nike. And now Nike makes our uniforms.

Ok, so you're being held hostage in an incestuous relationship. Not much of a change.

It sucks that being successful makes all the crappier teams' fans so jealous.

I love what Nike has done for Oregon.

In fact, every time I say Nike I get paid. Nike also pays for everyone at the U of O to go to class. When you enroll, you have to sign a contract to never wear anything other than Nike stuff.

It sucks that being successful makes all the crappier teams' fans so jealous.

Go Tigers.

Thank god for Nike.

Go Ducks!

I get the weird feeling that Phil Knight could come unhinged at any moment. there are some pretty sketch details about the way he's held the athletic department and the school hostage. Its all positive now, but wait until Uncle Phil goes all Al Davis on the program.

4d3661f37482eimage.jpg

I, for one, look forward to the days when Skele-Knight starts walking around in highlighter yellow track suits.

being successful

Also, I think I'm going to change my avatar to Silky Johnson.

Archived