Football Project Questions

Drakonius26

I figured this thread would be better suited for here than in the concepts thread, since I have nothing to show off just yet. But I did have a few questions for the designers here, as well as the people at large.

First off, I was thinking of starting to work on my own fictional football league and include some new things into a project I've been occasionally working on for a while now. Beyond just coming up with concepts for people to look at and give me their opinions on, I wanted to also provide a bit of background on the teams, but NOT as an alternate dimension of the NFL or football in general, but as a completely new league altogether. There would be some things used in both the design and background stories of the teams that you could easily compare with the real world, but let me know what you guys think. I don't want to add another football project to the board that might make it over-saturated with such projects, as I figure to use this opportunity to judge how people here like both parts of the project (creativity and implementation). Finally, I figured to add a couple of questions in this thread to probe and hear what you guys have to say about it.

Question 1: When I first started making this league up it was back when I was in high school, which wasn't long ago, but it was a few years ago. Back then I named the league the United Football League. Obviously, it's around now, and I just didn't know if you guys think I should rewrite some of the history and team names, or pretty much go with it as is? Since I don't want to be accused of ripping off another league or someone's project.

Question 2: When it comes to throwbacks, I wanted to include some of them for the teams I designed, but I know that sometimes when it comes to sports teams - ones that haven't been around for a while, that throwbacks don't work for them. Since most of these teams are new and are fictional too, would it really matter if they did have throwbacks to show off the evolution of how I developed them over time?

Question 3: When it comes to the background of these teams (so far 16 total), I have different histories for all of them and while it's NOT an alternate-dimension project like robbman's NFL is - I did like how he laid out the story first and then concept last. So with that being said, should I go forward with it, or probably clear it with him first? Since I don't want to step on anyone's toes here.

If you guys could share your opinions that would be great.

Archived