San Antonio Spurs Concept Logo

GFB

Took me a while to spot the S on the right.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Ok... backstory time. I was working on a logo for a cheerleading team called the "Sydney Altitude." (It's a paying gig, ok?) Anyway, this was one of the ideas I came up with... But after looking at it, I could really see this turning into a San Antonio Spurs concept because:

1) It has a real southwestern look.

2) Texas is the Lone Star State.

3) It's simple enough to work as a shorts logo for an NBA team.

Anyway, made a little update here:

SA3.png

And for my own personal enjoyment, one with the 90's logo colors:

sa2.png

I think the last one you posted could definitely serve as an alt logo, at least! personally, the concept here, in all of these, is pretty dang smart. love how the Star, spur, S, and A are fused together. it's a little abstract, but I appreciate how the logic behind it all...and it's certainly a quality rendering.

That last one's good, but the spurs have such great logos now and if it aint broke, don't fix it

8026825156_0d03b8c868.jpg6864286734_be379a26d2_n.jpg

My fantasy teams: West Coast Cardinals (WRU), Glasgow Claymores (RLI) (Champions 2012) and Pemberton Foresters (VBL)

I like all of them honestly, but the last one is the only one that could work for a sports team alternative logo. the first few you posted are just too difficult to make out the lettering, although I think they are very well done and clever, they seem more fit for a metal band or something that allows for more abstract things.

I like the Spurs current logo package, but they only have the primary and then the spur alone as a secondary, so this could work.

I'm a sucker for the interlocking monogram, so I like the original, but I think it works best without the outline, just as a one-color. My only concern is the five-point star's association with Dallas (Cowboys, Mavericks, Stars, Rangers all use it pretty prominently).

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived