Chicago Rush (AFL) unveil 10th anniversary logos

reppact

I'd say surviving ten years in the AFL without folding or being relocated five times is cause for celebration... and a possible record.

teamlogossig.png

There comes a point when you don't stand for the constant heartbreak anymore, and walk away.

The first one is fine. The second one makes absolutely no sense for an anniversary logo. In those 10 seasons, they never used a logo from the Chicago team at preceded them in the AFL. Why start now? In a logo celebrating *your* team? The Bruisers must have been a full decade earlier.

I am a fan of the AFL, but this revival is making a mess of the branding.

I'd say surviving ten years in the AFL without folding or being relocated five times is cause for celebration... and a possible record.

The Storm and Predators have been in Tampa and Orlando since 1991, the Rattlers 1992. San Jose 1995. So no record.

niagaraq.png

Prior to the "new" AFL winning the rights to the "old" AFL logos/names, ArenaFootballOne secured the rights to the Chicago Bruisers, probably as a backup plan in case they couldn't get the Rush identity.

True, but as a Rush fan, do you like them randomly using the Bruisers logo now, on an anniversary logo no less?

rush10_bruiser.jpg

I don't like them just usurping the Bruisers mascot and calling it their own. If you want to wear Bruisers throwbacks for a game or something and honor the original team, that's fine. But this is like the Wild using the North Stars' "N" in an anniversary logo.

My favorite part, though, is how they didn't even bother to rotate the "R" logos a single degree to look like they belong on the shoulders. I'm shocked they bothered to scale them.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived