Ranking the Best MLB Logos

bterreson

We've seen these kinds of lists dozens of times- doesn't mean they're not fun to look at.

Jim Caple ranks the MLB Logos (on Page 2)

http://sports.espn.g...os&sportCat=mlb

Also note that he links directly to the sportslogos.net site for each image- pat on the back JIm.

Discuss!

Apparently not. After using a stylized but mostly ornithologically correct blue jay for its history, Toronto switched to a cartoon bird in 2003. Sadly, that logo lasted just one season before Toronto switched to the current corporate monstrosity.

sooo totally agree, i wish the turn the jays logo back to the pre-1996... i could live with the 97-2002 version.

Cleveland at 30? Chief Wahoo deserves better than this.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Caple is not nearly as funny as he thinks he is, and his writing is sophomoric most of the time.

+1

How many times does he have to use "ornithological" or a derivative to show off that he knows the proper way to say "the study of birds"? Just say realistic. And you can't honestly say that the Blue Jay with the bat and ball behind the "T" is really better than the current logo. Even with the (I think) BFBS in the Jays' current look, and some problems with the overall look (and that awful "T" for their away cap), I think the current bird head logo itself is much better than the one he lauds so much.

He did get one thing right, though, the bat-swinging Oriole Bird is awesome and much better than anything the O's have rolled out in Camden Yards era. It's also a logo that is making a serious comeback, appearing on O's merchandise just about everywhere, including the team stores online and at OP@CY.

Grunge-Logos.png

From Caple's blog post...

The logo most identified with the Yankees is the world famous, classic, Tiffany-designed NY.

Is this true? Did Tiffany actually design the interlocking "NY" logo?

It is true. The design was initially done for a medal given to the first NYPD officer shot in the line of duty.

No. He really doesn't. The Indians need to lose Chief Wahoo and that's coming from someone who grew up an Indians fan and loved Chief Wahoo as a kid. It's time for the Indians to move on.

On the list itself, it may be one of the few times one of these things wasn't entirely ridiculous.

BB52Big.jpg

No. He really doesn't. The Indians need to lose Chief Wahoo and that's coming from someone who grew up an Indians fan and loved Chief Wahoo as a kid. It's time for the Indians to move on.

On the list itself, it may be one of the few times one of these things wasn't entirely ridiculous.

You beat me to it, infrared41. I didn't agree with a lot of the logo list, but Chief Wahoo at #30 is exactly right. That is, if you can call an image of a racial epithet a logo.

If you discount Wahoo from the list, then #29 should belong to Tampa Bay - I felt he placed that way too high on the list.

2011 Colorado Rockies | Season from Hell

sig_11.png

We've seen these kinds of lists dozens of times- doesn't mean they're not fun to look at.

Jim Caple ranks the MLB Logos (on Page 2)

http://sports.espn.g...os&sportCat=mlb

Also note that he links directly to the sportslogos.net site for each image- pat on the back JIm.

Discuss!

I can't believe people honestly get paid for producing crap like this. First off, that Twins logo sucks, and the Indians at 30 overall... right, interject your politically-correct bulls*** on us. From the same people who want to remove the Redskins from existence.

No offense, we all know how wrong the logos are, but only an act of Congress is going to change them, and with immigration, the economy, and a growing vitriolic and partisan society tearing itself to shreds I think they have more important things to worry about.

Plus, I don't think the Cleveland Indians and Washington Redskins are hurting for money.

ESPN - The Worldwide Leader In Being A Joke

Archived