• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The last kits of the Cleveland Force:

86 H/A [Patrick]

cleforce86homekit.th.pngcleforce86awaykit.th.png

87 H/A/GK w/MSL 10th patch [Erma][Nike]

cleforce87homekit.th.pngcleforce87awaykkit.th.pngcleforce87gkkit.th.png

Awsome. I was a huge Force fan back in the day. Went to a ton of games. Kai Haaskivi, Peter Ward, Kieth Furphy, Craig Allen, Bennie Dargle and Bernie James on the defense. Chris Vacarro and Cris Sobieski in the nets. Awsome stuff, dude.

That's it! Couldn't remember for the life of me! We used to go to Force games out at the old Richmond Colosseum to go see them... It was like an hour drive.

Richfield Coliseum. I lived 10 mins from there, so it was no big deal for me. They tried to position it halfway between Cle and Akron, but the idea just fell flat. Great building, not an ideal location.

Personally I am just waiting for one kit to be posted to relive my childhood...hell even looking at this on Wikipedia I started to remember the great Chico Borja! LOL!

WichitaWingsLogo.png

That Wichita Wings logo always made me hungry for Whataburger:

whataburger_logo-300x286_18.png

mmmmm.

The Hartford Hellions moved in 1981 to Tennessee and became the Memphis Americans. They lasted for 3 years and then moved to Las Vegas for one season in 1984 before folding. Here are the kits of that team including Las Veagas Americans:

81-82 H/A [shez]

memamericans8182homekit.th.pngmemamericans8182awaykit.th.png

81 GK [uhlsport]

memamericans81gkkit.th.png

82-83 GK [Erma]

memamericans8283gkkit.th.png

83 H/A [Nike]

memamericans83homekit.th.pngmemamericans83awaykit.th.png

84 L.V. H/A [Nike]

lvamericans84homekit.th.pnglvamericans84awaykit.th.png

84 L.V. GK [uhlsport]

lvamericans84gkkit.th.png

For years this team was based in Florida, but when soccer shifted to indoors in 1984 they moved to Minnesota but still kept the Strikers name. When the NASL folded after the 1984 season, they moved to the MISL and enjoyed some success there, but folded after the 1987 season.

84 H/A/GK [Adidas]

minstrikers84homekit.th.pngminstrikers84awaykit.th.pngminstrikers84gkkit.th.png

85-86 H/A [Patrick]

minstrikers8586homekit.th.pngminstrikers8586awaykit.th.png

85-86 GK [uhlsport]

minstrikers8586gkkit.th.png

87 H/A w/MISL 10th patch [Patrick]

minstrikers87homekit.th.pngminstrikers87awaykit.th.png

87 GK w/MISL 10th patch [uhlsport]

minstrikers87gkkit.th.png

The Hartford Hellions moved in 1981 to Tennessee and became the Memphis Americans. They lasted for 3 years and then moved to Las Vegas for one season in 1984 before folding.

You just caused me to have a flashback.

In the late 80s and early 90s, I played indoor soccer at a facility outside of Baltimore that apparently bought the Memphis Americans old turf. This logo was at midfield (and extremely worn and faded) --

MemphisAmericans8184.GIF

The Hartford Hellions moved in 1981 to Tennessee and became the Memphis Americans. They lasted for 3 years and then moved to Las Vegas for one season in 1984 before folding.

You just caused me to have a flashback.

In the late 80s and early 90s, I played indoor soccer at a facility outside of Baltimore that apparently bought the Memphis Americans old turf. This logo was at midfield (and extremely worn and faded) --

MemphisAmericans8184.GIF

I read about that

Archived