Old Major Indoor Soccer League Kits

pollard7545

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Tacoma Stars were very successful and almost won the title in 1987 but lost in OT to Dallas in a great series:

83-84 H/A/GK [umbro]

tacstars8384homekit.th.pngtacstars8384awaykit.th.pngtacstars8586homekit.th.pngtacstars8586awaykit.th.png

85 GK [Reusch]

tacstars87homekit.th.pngtacstars87awaykit.th.png

87 GK w/MISL 10th patch [uhlsport]

Always thought it was interesting how the early design of the Tacoma Stars jersey, with the diamonds and triangles around the torso, paid homage to the roof design of their home arena, the Tacoma Dome:

TACOMA.JPG

Sorry for the black & white photo, but it's the best version to show off the similar effect. I think the diamond/triangle roof panel design has been repainted several times-- online I've found at least two (2) different paint schemes-- a blue one and a beige one; I seem to remember the original looking very much like the Stars jerseys with yellow, orange and blue. Anyone else have any memories/input?

It is what it is.

The Tacoma Stars were very successful and almost won the title in 1987 but lost in OT to Dallas in a great series:

83-84 H/A/GK [umbro]

tacstars8384homekit.th.pngtacstars8384awaykit.th.pngtacstars8384gkkit.th.png

85-86 H/A [umbro]

tacstars8586homekit.th.pngtacstars8586awaykit.th.png

85 GK [Reusch]

tacstars85gkkit.th.png

86 GK [Reusch]

tacstars86gkkit.th.png

87 H/A w/MISL 10th patch [umbro]

tacstars87homekit.th.pngtacstars87awaykit.th.png

87 GK w/MISL 10th patch [uhlsport]

tacstars87gkkit.th.png

Hail To The "Lord Of The Indoors" Steve Zungul

Pollard, this is an outstanding thread. The teams and kits are all so familiar, such a piece of my youth. I remember them all. The names of different players on different teams are too many to list here. But I loved it all.

Great thread, man.

All hail the old MISL!

Always thought it was interesting how the early design of the Tacoma Stars jersey, with the diamonds and triangles around the torso, payed homage to the roof design of their home arena, the Tacoma Dome.

That is interesting. I always loved those Stars jerseys, but I didn't know there was a possible connection to the design of the Tacoma Dome. I just thought it was a cool pseudo-Argyle pattern.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

The Cincinnati Kids part owner was Pete Rose.

Here are the Cleveland Crunch who played in the late 80's

89 H/A [union Jacks]

clecrunch89homekit.th.pngclecrunch89awaykit.th.png

89-90 GK [uhlsport]

clecrunch8990gkkit.th.png

90 H/A [bike]

clecrunch90homekit.th.pngclecrunch90awaykit.th.png

91 H/A Bike]

clecrunch91homekit.th.pngclecrunch91awaykit.th.png

91 GK [Reusch]

clecrunch91gkkit.th.png

I remember their jerseys being very plain and almost whitewashed, but that was in the 90's when I was a little kid. (NPSL) I like the first pair though.

Also, does anyone know why the MISL/NPSL logos aren't on the site? I always liked the old Crunch logo.

What really gets me is the "great fan" stuff. It's sad to think of our country as a "Steeler Nation", because that would mean that we're a country of near-sighted inbreds from the mountains that can't speak competent English.

Let's go Brownies!

championships.png

You mad because the Tribe is stylin' on you?

Pollard, this is an outstanding thread. The teams and kits are all so familiar, such a piece of my youth. I remember them all. The names of different players on different teams are too many to list here. But I loved it all.

Great thread, man.

All hail the old MISL!

Yes this whole thing is my tribute to the old MISL. Thanks for the good words!!

Archived