Miami Tropics

A-Train

The primary/wordmark/numbers all look really good. I especially like the dark green hiding subtly under the black wordmark.

On the other hand, your "T" logo, which I imagine is the cap logo, looks a bit disjointed. The warning flags seem to sit randomly atop the letter, as opposed to being attached or layered, etc. I'm not exactly sure how the two items are supposed to fit together here.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

I would place the palm tree over the T, and attach the flags to it. It would add more flow.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I think that its because they kind of look thrown on there. I really like everything else, but I'm not sure how those flags could work.

Do you think they should be taken out of the Primary logo, and used as a secondary logo?

I think that its because they kind of look thrown on there. I really like everything else, but I'm not sure how those flags could work.

Do you think they should be taken out of the Primary logo, and used as a secondary logo?

Yeah but then youd have to add something to the primary.

• 3 weeks later...

Back in September I posted a concept of the Miami Tropics... well I decided to try and update it a little. Trying to get back into things...

21dg2s3.jpg

Any chance you would be willing to take a similar stab for my Honolulu Sun Rays? Its for MLB2K10 pc game?

So is this going to be a part of your attempted baseball league concept? I'd really love to see that; fantasy leagues are my favourite kind of concept.

Anyhoo, are you planning on designing uniforms to go along with the logos (which are fabulous, by the way).

25yzwqg.png

At first glace I thought the warning flags on the tree were actually "Angry Eyes" on the baseball. It took me a second to register what it was -- even though I saw the original concept.

I think you need some negative space above and below the warning flags. The top just flows into the palm tree and the bottom gets wrapped into the "banner" portion of the words.

If you put a little space in between I think you would set apart the flags more and make them a little more prominent. Would help "clean up" the logo a bit, too.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

I doubt it. Take a look at the three leaves to the far right they are exactly the same in both logos. It's more likely he used the all star image as a reference......or....

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Archived