Pack to ride the white jersey in Dallas?

lahaye7

Get some snow plows too, because from everything I've seen it looks like Dallas is completely ill-equipped to deal with cold-weather. Plus, it's North Texas, I have family there, and I've been there when there's been ice storms before.

Snow isn't our problem. We can deal with snow. It's ice that sends everyone into a tizzy.

But hey, if we learned how to deal with ice, that would just eliminate an excuse to give out "everyone stay home from work" passes.

I know it's more of the ice than snow, but it was more of a sarcastic remark concerning Dallas' and other sunbelt cities who have no infrastructure to deal with an event that has occurred before.

Overall, if there's too many problems, the NFL might have issues with Dallas hosting the event again. Atlanta's last Super Bowl was a disaster after similar ice storm hit the city, and we all know about the problems that Jacksonville had. That's not to say that Dallas won't ever hold another Super Bowl, but issues like this tend to stick with a host city for a while.

Well...if a storm similar to this happens to blow through Indiana next year, the league may well end up doing this song and dance all over again. (Although the cynic in me kinda wants to see that happen, just to see how the Chicken Littles around here would react.)

In giving NY/NJ a SB, didn't the NFL for all intents and purposes p*** on the feet of the weather gods and dare them to bring it on? :D

I honestly think I've heard more about the weather in Dallas this week than I have about the game. It's probably one part the media is a bunch of babies who's sour that their yearly vacation is in a place where it's 20 degrees and icy and another part that the two teams gave them nothing to talk about.

Really it's a non issue as the game is going to be played inside, but the media LOVES to cover the media and all their plans have them sitting on 20 degree outdoor sets. I think it's hilarious.

I really do hope there's similar weather in Indianapolis next season.

So do I...just to see how the people will react.

On an entirely unrelated note...I think it'll also be interesting to see what, if anything, the city will do to "spruce up" in advance of the game. They've already been working on improving the stretch of 1-70 that passes south of the downtown core (or to some people, through Indianapolis, since its do damn spread out). The big Oil Drum Brick House already has giant "HOME OF SUPER BOWL 2012" signs plastered all around it. But um...for those of you who've been to the intersection of Illinois @ South Street, look to the south of it. What's there? Exactly. But, then again, the NFL holds the daggone combine in Lucas Oil every spring, so they should by now already have an idea of what the area looks like. Guess we'll wait and see 'til then.

Well, one thing I will point out is that once the Convention Center's expansion is finished, as well as the new hotels, you should be able to go just about anywhere staying inside through all the skywalks that are gonna go through downtown. Maybe you have to walk 10 feet to get into the stadium. LOL.

But that is the nice thing about Indy, unlike DFW/Arlington where everything's spread out, the entertainment is very centralized, as opposed to North Texas. That said, there's not much entertainment, but hey, it's sufficient for the Final Four, right?

You do also realize that right there pretty much also leads to the relative "cowtown" feel of Indy proper, right? :P

That said, yeah that new hotel over by the waterlocks is finished...the big blue window'd building. It is NICE. These folks up here just better hope this weather pattern doesn't repeat itself come this time next year, if next season even happens. You know just as well as I do how people get to Chicken-Littling around here when even a lil' trace of ice is forecast, to say nothing of a 3-5 inch snowstorm.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since it was played in Cowboys stadium and the home team in Cowboy Stadium wears white, does that make the Packers the visiting team for wearing green?

I'm assuming that you're kidding, but just in case, did they call the coin toss? There's your answer.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Get some snow plows too, because from everything I've seen it looks like Dallas is completely ill-equipped to deal with cold-weather. Plus, it's North Texas, I have family there, and I've been there when there's been ice storms before.

Snow isn't our problem. We can deal with snow. It's ice that sends everyone into a tizzy.

But hey, if we learned how to deal with ice, that would just eliminate an excuse to give out "everyone stay home from work" passes.

I know it's more of the ice than snow, but it was more of a sarcastic remark concerning Dallas' and other sunbelt cities who have no infrastructure to deal with an event that has occurred before.

Overall, if there's too many problems, the NFL might have issues with Dallas hosting the event again. Atlanta's last Super Bowl was a disaster after similar ice storm hit the city, and we all know about the problems that Jacksonville had. That's not to say that Dallas won't ever hold another Super Bowl, but issues like this tend to stick with a host city for a while.

Well...if a storm similar to this happens to blow through Indiana next year, the league may well end up doing this song and dance all over again. (Although the cynic in me kinda wants to see that happen, just to see how the Chicken Littles around here would react.)

In giving NY/NJ a SB, didn't the NFL for all intents and purposes p*** on the feet of the weather gods and dare them to bring it on? :D

I honestly think I've heard more about the weather in Dallas this week than I have about the game. It's probably one part the media is a bunch of babies who's sour that their yearly vacation is in a place where it's 20 degrees and icy and another part that the two teams gave them nothing to talk about.

Really it's a non issue as the game is going to be played inside, but the media LOVES to cover the media and all their plans have them sitting on 20 degree outdoor sets. I think it's hilarious.

I really do hope there's similar weather in Indianapolis next season.

So do I...just to see how the people will react.

On an entirely unrelated note...I think it'll also be interesting to see what, if anything, the city will do to "spruce up" in advance of the game. They've already been working on improving the stretch of 1-70 that passes south of the downtown core (or to some people, through Indianapolis, since its do damn spread out). The big Oil Drum Brick House already has giant "HOME OF SUPER BOWL 2012" signs plastered all around it. But um...for those of you who've been to the intersection of Illinois @ South Street, look to the south of it. What's there? Exactly. But, then again, the NFL holds the daggone combine in Lucas Oil every spring, so they should by now already have an idea of what the area looks like. Guess we'll wait and see 'til then.

Well, one thing I will point out is that once the Convention Center's expansion is finished, as well as the new hotels, you should be able to go just about anywhere staying inside through all the skywalks that are gonna go through downtown. Maybe you have to walk 10 feet to get into the stadium. LOL.

But that is the nice thing about Indy, unlike DFW/Arlington where everything's spread out, the entertainment is very centralized, as opposed to North Texas. That said, there's not much entertainment, but hey, it's sufficient for the Final Four, right?

You do also realize that right there pretty much also leads to the relative "cowtown" feel of Indy proper, right? :P

That said, yeah that new hotel over by the waterlocks is finished...the big blue window'd building. It is NICE. These folks up here just better hope this weather pattern doesn't repeat itself come this time next year, if next season even happens. You know just as well as I do how people get to Chicken-Littling around here when even a lil' trace of ice is forecast, to say nothing of a 3-5 inch snowstorm.

This whole weather debacle is absolutely hilarious. Watching how much the media blew it out of proportion is priceless. It has been anywhere between -15 and 20 for the last week and a half here in Boulder, and that?s cold for us. Anyway I realize that areas like Fort Worth (and even Indy) are not accustomed to this but still, put on a sweatshirt and man up.

Archived