Pack to ride the white jersey in Dallas?

lahaye7

I doubt the Packers could ever lay claim to a "we're such an underdog, nobody believes in us" mentality, given that Vegas established them as the favorite about three minutes after the AFC Championship Game was over.

Colin Cowherd please note: that's what Vegas thinks gamblers think of the two teams, not an objective analysis of the two teams' relative strengths and weaknesses.

Colin Cowherd can't hear you - he's talking right now. Even if he were sleeping right now, he'd be talking.

It's where I sit.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I vote they wear the 1929 Throwback

I vote they wear LA Dodgers uniforms just to mix things up a little.

With Chuck Taylor Converses! :D

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I doubt the Packers could ever lay claim to a "we're such an underdog, nobody believes in us" mentality, given that Vegas established them as the favorite about three minutes after the AFC Championship Game was over.

Colin Cowherd please note: that's what Vegas thinks gamblers think of the two teams, not an objective analysis of the two teams' relative strengths and weaknesses.

Colin Cowherd can't hear you - he's talking right now. Even if he were sleeping right now, he'd be talking.

Today he was talking about how unlikeable Jay Cutler comes off to people. The irony in Colin Cowherd calling someone unlikeable is palpable.

Also, the way he says "shteeellurs" is grating. Have fun listening to that for the next two weeks, I won't be joining you in Cowherd's audience. If I didn't hear him accidentally every now and then I'd be able to avoid the blowhard.

On topic: I'm really glad to hear the Packers will be in green.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Either way - the game isn't going look all that different...

Lots of yellow gold pants.

Oddly enough, this is only the second Super Bowl in which both teams will be wearing yellow/gold pants. The other was SB XIV (LA Rams vs Steelers).

Wrong. The Cowboys always wear white at home. Green Bay was wearing their green jerseys in Dallas in Aaron Rodgers' debut.

Ahem .... As 'ILLWAUK' noted:

Romo_Rodgers_78257683.standard.jpg

Looks like ESPN Milwaukee reported correctly ... The PACK in green with the Super Bowl XLV logo

SuperBowl_XLV_RodgersReplicaJersey.jpg

Wrong. The Cowboys always wear white at home. Green Bay was wearing their green jerseys in Dallas in Aaron Rodgers' debut.

Interesting bit of trivia having to do with that picture...

Tono Romo grew up in Wisconsin a Packers fan during the 90s when the Cowboys beat the Packers all but one time they played and ended up playing for the Cowboys.

Aaron Rodgers grew up in Northern California a 49ers fan during the 90s when the Packers beat the Niners all but one time they played and ended up playing for the Packers.

Looks like ESPN Milwaukee reported correctly ... The PACK in green with the Super Bowl XLV logo

SuperBowl_XLV_RodgersReplicaJersey.jpg

Nice to know that you read my blog. :D

I haven't yet posted this graphic, also from the NFL shop:

SuperBowl_XLV_RodgersReplicaJersey_white.jpg

You can't use merchandise as any reliable indicator - they'll sell anything they can without regard for strict authenticity.

Either way - the game isn't going look all that different...

Lots of yellow gold pants.

Oddly enough, this is only the second Super Bowl in which both teams will be wearing yellow/gold pants. The other was SB XIV (LA Rams vs Steelers).

Wasn't that the one where Rams' quarterback Thomas Jarrett was almost killed on the field? :P

Green it is. Got wind of the news.

The game will look good. But it isn't the greatest. Both pants will be yellow.

And the pants will look noticeably different on the two teams. While the Steelers continue to use the shiny spandex material, it appears the Packers went to a non-shiny material at least a couple years ago.

Looks like Tony's going in for a kiss

The Steelers have the worst uniforms in the NFL. There! I said it. The Packers are probably in the top 5 for me.

Personally, I'd like to see the Packers in green jerseys and the Steelers wearing they're standard road unis but with their fauxback pants.

GO PACK GO!

You know what, I actually think that'd look pretty good. I'd be a little strange and out of the norm for the Steelers, but come to think of it I think it'd actually be a nice look. If you think about it, it'd match well - the pant stripe is black-gold-black, the sleeves stripes (though of course a different pattern) go black-gold-black three times, and the helmet stripe is single gold on a black helmet. It could definetely work.

EDIT: Oh, and I don't think the Steelers have the worst uniforms, but there are things about it that bug me. They need to go back to block numbers and take the logo patch off the chest (same goes for the Jets). What's the point of having that there, anyways? Wouldn't a wordmark suffice?

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

It's not against the rules, but it's against their normal protocol (and for that matter, everyone's beside Dallas). It's just such a gimmick, to play up this whole "we're such an underdog, nobody believes in us" mentality that is rampant in the NFL.

neither team can really say that there are an underdog, since the Packers are only 2 point favourites

8026825156_0d03b8c868.jpg6864286734_be379a26d2_n.jpg

My fantasy teams: West Coast Cardinals (WRU), Glasgow Claymores (RLI) (Champions 2012) and Pemberton Foresters (VBL)

The Steelers have the worst uniforms in the NFL. There! I said it. The Packers are probably in the top 5 for me.

Personally, I'd like to see the Packers in green jerseys and the Steelers wearing they're standard road unis but with their fauxback pants.

GO PACK GO!

You know what, I actually think that'd look pretty good. I'd be a little strange and out of the norm for the Steelers, but come to think of it I think it'd actually be a nice look. If you think about it, it'd match well - the pant stripe is black-gold-black, the sleeves stripes (though of course a different pattern) go black-gold-black three times, and the helmet stripe is single gold on a black helmet. It could definetely work.

EDIT: Oh, and I don't think the Steelers have the worst uniforms, but there are things about it that bug me. They need to go back to block numbers and take the logo patch off the chest (same goes for the Jets). What's the point of having that there, anyways? Wouldn't a wordmark suffice?

Call it me, but I think the Steelers chest logo helps balance out the lack of a logo on one side of their helmet.

GO PACK GO!

Steelers in all white? I could get into that.

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

Archived