Pack to ride the white jersey in Dallas?

lahaye7

The Steelers have the worst uniforms in the NFL. There! I said it. The Packers are probably in the top 5 for me.

Personally, I'd like to see the Packers in green jerseys and the Steelers wearing they're standard road unis but with their fauxback pants.

GO PACK GO!

You know what, I actually think that'd look pretty good. I'd be a little strange and out of the norm for the Steelers, but come to think of it I think it'd actually be a nice look. If you think about it, it'd match well - the pant stripe is black-gold-black, the sleeves stripes (though of course a different pattern) go black-gold-black three times, and the helmet stripe is single gold on a black helmet. It could definetely work.

EDIT: Oh, and I don't think the Steelers have the worst uniforms, but there are things about it that bug me. They need to go back to block numbers and take the logo patch off the chest (same goes for the Jets). What's the point of having that there, anyways? Wouldn't a wordmark suffice?

Because for some idiotic reason the logo is only on one side of the helmet. I don't think they have the worst uniforms (that distinction belongs to the Bills), but the Steelers uniforms are pretty bad. A lot of the problems stem from the disappearing sleeve stripes which ins't their fault, but it'd be nice if they corrected the problem and scaled down the size of the stripes the way Iowa does.

This is probably the Bengals fan in me, but I think steelers jerseys on girls are really unattractive. The stripes make them look chunky and the number font is really not pleasing to the eye. The same can be said for girls in browns jersey so I guess it is the Bengals fan in me. Girls in Bengals jerseys = sexy.

PvO6ZWJ.png

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Steelers in all white? I could get into that.

In soccer leagues overseas, not only the shirts can't clash in color, but the shorts can't either.

Example, if Manchester United whose home kit is (red shirt, white shorts) play at Manchester City (light blue shirts, white shorts), Man Utd can & do wear their red shirt (since it doesn't clash with City's shirt), but with it they wear their black shorts.

Perhaps the NFL should consider adopting that, especially now considering that most teams now have more than 2 or more colors to choose from in the pants dept.

That 1980 Super Bowl in Pasadena, there was way too much yellow between the STEELERS and RAMS. Expect the same for PACKERS v STEELERS

I agree that Pittsburgh would look good wearing their fauxback white pants ... white on white, with their regular black helmets.

and all of you who seem to think the STEELERS have the worst uniforms in the NFL is obviously not taking into account that there is an NFL team in Cleveland. :wacko:

WL001337.jpg

The Steelers have the worst uniforms in the NFL. There! I said it.

I disagree wholeheartedly. The Steelers' look is a classic. They should never, ever, ever, EVER change their uniforms! Round numbers, block numbers -- I'm comfortable either way.

In my mind the only thing that keeps the Steelers uniform away from the top of the list is the round numbers. The whole tough defense shtick and those round numbers have never gone together in my head. Nike brought in the round numbers to Pittsburgh, hopefully they are taking them out next season.

Looks like ESPN Milwaukee reported correctly ... The PACK in green with the Super Bowl XLV logo

SuperBowl_XLV_RodgersReplicaJersey.jpg

Nice to know that you read my blog.  :D

I haven't yet posted this graphic, also from the NFL shop:

SuperBowl_XLV_RodgersReplicaJersey_white.jpg

You can't use merchandise as any reliable indicator - they'll sell anything they can without regard for strict authenticity.

Sorry computer trouble^^^

Don't wanna be "that guy" but not real away jersey there. On all jerseys they sell sleeve stripe goes all way around and there is no collar on that one, like green one above

We've been over this in the Chinese counterfeit thread. There's always a shortage of jerseys for teams that go deep into the playoffs. So they simply take blank white Raiders templates and throw on the appropriate team's striping and numbers. The results are, more times then not, less then stellar.

This coming from someone with a BILLS avatar. Wow. Someone in a glass house is chucking a big :censored:ing rock.

Glass house .... chucking a big rock?

I've been chucking rocks it all right, but at my own house just as much.

I hate our present uniforms since they revamped 'em in 2002, and have complained vigorously both on this board and to all my BILLS friends and on our own boards. As bad are they are, they're still not as bad as Cleveland's are, and if they wore blue on white pants at home, and white on blue pants on the road as originally planned 8 years ago they wouldn't be all that bad.

Our '65 throwbacks along with the CHARGERS '63s are the most popular among NFL fans, you'd know that if you did a fair share of reading about this subject online.

On both BILLS chat boards the deep majority are constantly initiating threads relating to dumping the current Midnight Blue and using either the '65 throwbacks or the 90s uniforms full-time.

09000d5d81c77ecb_gallery_600.jpg

SB1994.png

This coming from someone with a BILLS avatar. Wow. Someone in a glass house is chucking a big :censored:ing rock.

Glass house .... chucking a big rock?

I've been chucking rocks it all right, but at my own house just as much.

I hate our present uniforms since they revamped 'em in 2002, and have complained vigorously both on this board and to all my BILLS friends and on our own boards. As bad are they are, they're still not as bad as Cleveland's are, and if they wore blue on white pants at home, and white on blue pants on the road as originally planned 8 years ago they wouldn't be all that bad.

No, even if worn as intended they would still be pretty bad and they would still be much worse then Cleveland's set.

The Browns' set is just a few slight tweaks away from perfection. I've actually grown to like their look since they darkened the brown a few years ago.

The Steelers have the worst uniforms in the NFL. There! I said it. The Packers are probably in the top 5 for me.

Personally, I'd like to see the Packers in green jerseys and the Steelers wearing they're standard road unis but with their fauxback pants.

GO PACK GO!

So could they...or so they did as it were. That's the advantage of being a little older I guess, you remember this stuff. B) These are from '71; not sure where the Bears put their sleeve stripes that day...

2164875.jpg

#32 is like, "Look, guys, the Blue Angels are doing the flyover!"

2164869.jpg

2617891.jpg

Check out Terry's facemask and lack of chinstrap. BTW, that's 'Immaculate Reception' participant Frenchy Fuqua in the background (#33).

2164938.jpg

He was a young 'un back then. :D

2164937.jpg

And no more dissin' the one-sided logo. It's one of the coolest uni elements in the league.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

If only....

rod_woodson_pictures.jpg

Brooks_Robert12_Packers.jpg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

If only....

rod_woodson_pictures.jpg

Yeah...if only Levon Kirkland, Kevin Greene, Rod Woodson, and Carnell "My Head Looks Like a Thumb" Lake were still playing today. Those were the days there. Though I'm pretty sure Michael Jackson--if that's him--doesn't miss them at all. :P

Meanwhile, my namesake in green there, Robert Brooks--yep, that was a pretty good guy.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

GO PACK GO!

So could they...or so they did as it were. That's the advantage of being a little older I guess, you remember this stuff. B) These are from '71; not sure where the Bears put their sleeve stripes that day...

2164875.jpg

#32 is like, "Look, guys, the Blue Angels are doing the flyover!"

2164869.jpg

2617891.jpg

Check out Terry's facemask and lack of chinstrap. BTW, that's 'Immaculate Reception' participant Frenchy Fuqua in the background (#33).

2164938.jpg

He was a young 'un back then. :D

2164937.jpg

And no more dissin' the one-sided logo. It's one of the coolest uni elements in the league.

yep, I think that would be fine for this one.

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

Looks like ESPN Milwaukee reported correctly ... The PACK in green with the Super Bowl XLV logo

My theory is that one reason the NFL went with a grayscale SB logo in order to look less intrusive color-wise on the uniforms.

That logo goes with every teams' uniform equally well.

If only....

rod_woodson_pictures.jpg

Yeah...if only Levon Kirkland, Kevin Greene, Rod Woodson, and Carnell "My Head Looks Like a Thumb" Lake were still playing today. Those were the days there. Though I'm pretty sure Michael Jackson--if that's him--doesn't miss them at all. :P

Meanwhile, my namesake in green there, Robert Brooks--yep, that was a pretty good guy.

Well, Kevin Greene will be at the Super Bowl since he's a Packers coach.

If only....

rod_woodson_pictures.jpg

Well, Kevin Greene will be at the Super Bowl since he's a Packers coach.

I was going more for the numbering on the Steelers and the stripes on the Packers jerseys...but hey spinning in this direction works too.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

My theory is that one reason the NFL went with a grayscale SB logo in order to look less intrusive color-wise on the uniforms.

I highly doubt that's the actual patch. Suspect "NORTH TEXAS 2011" will not be embroidered on the jerseys, as seems to be indicated on that bad Photoshop job.

Couldn't agree more.

And frankly, I like the Lombardi as a jersey patch. The old NBA Finals patch was inspired, why not swipe it?

Archived