Superbowl XLV

Luigi

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got the score of the last two SBs right. Imma try for three in a row here: 26-23.

I ain't predicting the winner, just the score. Though I will say I am pulling for Aaron Rodgers--and, by and large, for the rest of Cheesehead Nation--because of the stigmas that a Packer win will erase. The first one is obvious...the Farveness. The second one is much-less known: the stigma that Jeff Tedford-tutored QBs can't win in the NFL. If A-Rodg can lead his team to victory, he'll kill two birds with one stone, and finally get a chance to bask in the spotlight.

(Purely hypothetical...but, of course, should Green Bay emerge victorious, one can only HOPE none of the pundits from ESPN go hunt Brett Favre down somewhere, stick a camera in Brett Favre's face and a microphone up under Brett Favre's grill, and try to get Brett Favre to comment on Brett Favre's former team's first Super Bowl victory without Brett Favre at the helm, thus stealing the spotlight from Aaron Rodgers and shining it right back on Brett Favre. Because we AAALLLLL know how much them ESPN pundits love them some Brett Favre. <_< )

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

It'll be the worst super bowl ever

PAckers 24 Steelers 0

I can't help thinking that 2 teams well set up defensively, but with good QBs and a decent running game might equal the best Superbowl, at least for purists, ever.

Personally I say Steelers, by less than a TD.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I got the score of the last two SBs right. Imma try for three in a row here: 26-23.

I ain't predicting the winner, just the score. Though I will say I am pulling for Aaron Rodgers--and, by and large, for the rest of Cheesehead Nation--because of the stigmas that a Packer win will erase. The first one is obvious...the Farveness. The second one is much-less known: the stigma that Jeff Tedford-tutored QBs can't win in the NFL. If A-Rodg can lead his team to victory, he'll kill two birds with one stone, and finally get a chance to bask in the spotlight.

(Purely hypothetical...but, of course, should Green Bay emerge victorious, one can only HOPE none of the pundits from ESPN go hunt Brett Favre down somewhere, stick a camera in Brett Favre's face and a microphone up under Brett Favre's grill, and try to get Brett Favre to comment on Brett Favre's former team's first Super Bowl victory without Brett Favre at the helm, thus stealing the spotlight from Aaron Rodgers and shining it right back on Brett Favre. Because we AAALLLLL know how much them ESPN pundits love them some Brett Favre. <_< )

Please tell me you made some change off of that, Buc. A mind is a terrible thing to waste. :P

You don't have to always pick the winner, as long as you get the spread right.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

With all of my heart I hope the Packers win, but I don't see it happening. What will happen is the Packers will hang around and make it a close game. Somewhere in the fourth quarter on what looks like a Roethlisberger sack, he'll worm his way out of it and complete a 6 or 7 yard pass, most likely to Hines Ward, to keep the drive alive on 3rd or 4th down. The Steelers don't lose close games. It's SO annoying.

Here's the other thing, if the Steelers win then voters will feel drawn to put him in the hall of fame. Some are already talking about it. I don't think he's that good even with three super bowls. I think he's an above average quarterback who has been blessed with playing on a team with a great defense and an offensive scheme that doesn't put a lot of chance for risk in his hands. But maybe I'm biased, I have never disliked an athlete more than I dislike Roethlisberger.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Packers will win the game, however the Lombardi trophy will be awarded to the Steelers, as the game-winning score by the Pack will be called back because of a phantom penalty. Ben Ruthlessberger will be anointed as a false football god, along with the likes of St. Brett and St. Brady.

Packers will win the game, however the Lombardi trophy will be awarded to the Steelers, as the game-winning score by the Pack will be called back because of a phantom penalty. Ben Ruthlessberger will be anointed as a false football god, along with the likes of St. Brett and St. Brady.

Roethlisberger is nowhere close to as good as Brady and Favre. Like McCarthy said, he's an above average quarterback in the perfect situation for him. And about the game, I'm all Steelers. I'm not going to make a prediction now, but I just want the Packers to lose.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Seriously. I was watching the AFC Championship game with a girl who knows nothing about football or either of the two teams, and at one point she says to me "didn't that guy (a Steeler) do the same thing that the other guy (a Jet) did that was a 15-yard penalty?" Later in the game "why don't they call penalties on the black team?" and then "seriously? That's a penalty?" Even she could see how ridiculous the officiating is in the playoffs for the Steelers.

The Super Bowl will be interesting, because the Packers have more history and "clout" than the Seahawks and Cardinals, who were both easy to hose without expecting much backlash or upsetting an organization that has a lot of power within the league. I'm really curious to see how this plays out.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Seriously. I was watching the AFC Championship game with a girl who knows nothing about football or either of the two teams, and at one point she says to me "didn't that guy (a Steeler) do the same thing that the other guy (a Jet) did that was a 15-yard penalty?" Later in the game "why don't they call penalties on the black team?" and then "seriously? That's a penalty?" Even she could see how ridiculous the officiating is in the playoffs for the Steelers.

Hopefully that doesn't happen again, it would be the most anti-climatic Super Bowl in the history of Football.

I'm sorry for being bitter, I was obviously crushed by this loss, we were so close like last year. And until the nfl negotiates, there's gonna be a 2011 lockout!

Here's the other thing, if the Steelers win then voters will feel drawn to put him in the hall of fame. Some are already talking about it. I don't think he's that good even with three super bowls. I think he's an above average quarterback who has been blessed with playing on a team with a great defense and an offensive scheme that doesn't put a lot of chance for risk in his hands. But maybe I'm biased, I have never disliked an athlete more than I dislike Roethlisberger.

Agreed, another thing, Brady is a great QB, he won 3 super bowls with average talent (Troy Brown, David Givens, Deion Branch, a washed up Corey Dillon, Daniel Graham, Patrick Pass, wow, what an all-world talent bunch!!) including one of the biggest upsets in Super Bowl history in XXXVI.

While Ben Roethleisberger had the opulence to have Hines Ward, Plaxico Burress, Jerome Bettis, Willie Parker, Randle El, Heath Miller, the Neo-Iron Curtain defense, come on! With all the talent the Steelers got my dog could be QB and the steelers would have success.

Not to knock Ben, he's a good QB but not really elite.

I'm afraid to make a pick, because it seems lately I've been pulling a Terry Bradshaw and have always been picking the loser.

I will say this though - if this Super Bowl is like any other Steelers game, Rapistberger will probably break 63 sacks, 52 of which he tosses at least 10 defenders off his back. It will be 3rd and 9 approximately 15 times, and all 15 times he'll completete a 9.7 yard pass to either Ward or Miller. Then, at one point in the game (probably at some climactic and important time) when it's 3rd and Goal at the 1-yard line, Rapistberger will run a 1/2 yard sneak, but becuase his helmet will be over the goal line, the Steeler rule will override any sort of common sense and he will be awarded the touchdown. Also, James Harrison will probably accumulate $500,000 in fines somehow, and Rashard Mendenhall's application of Vasoline all over his uniform will pay off greatly as he will break somewhere around 50 tackles and rush for 170 yards, 169 of which are after the first attempted tackle.

Can you tell it annoys the hell out of me to watch the Steelers? :P

I'll pick the score at least - 28-24.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Archived