Padres uniform announcement - Tuesday January 25

larrypep

where is the new road?

So far there is no new road. Just stopped by PETCO Park on lunch and asked around. They've got the new "camo" uniforms and caps in the basement of the team store I was told (though they won't be for sale until opening day). But no new away unis. I'm starting to think whomever told us the sand was going away may have been mistaken. The sand along with the home plate style logo are still being prominently displayed all around the park (though admittedly MOST of the newer stuff is featuring the simpler SD logo).

What a bunch of buffoons, you can walk into any Lids in San Diego and buy the new cap now.

Time will tell if the new roads come to fruition.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

where is the new road?

So far there is no new road. Just stopped by PETCO Park on lunch and asked around. They've got the new "camo" uniforms and caps in the basement of the team store I was told (though they won't be for sale until opening day). But no new away unis. I'm starting to think whomever told us the sand was going away may have been mistaken. The sand along with the home plate style logo are still being prominently displayed all around the park (though admittedly MOST of the newer stuff is featuring the simpler SD logo).

What a bunch of buffoons, you can walk into any Lids in San Diego and buy the new cap now.

Time will tell if the new roads come to fruition.

You sure lids has the new Sunday cap or is it the one that was already being sold that is a very similar color (particularly if you have certain computer monitors).

As for the new roads, we'll see, but we are in the time of year that they'd be revealing new uniforms and so far nary a peep.

Not feelin' the "subliminated" wordmark, but overall I like these. If they made the wordmark and patch a darker color (I'd prefer brown, but apparently they're still insisting on using navy) they could just use these as their road unis.

Corey Brock is reporting that they will debut the road grays during tomorrow's annual awards dinner.

That's also on their facebook now too. I stand corrected. Sorry to see the sand go. But on the bright side it looks like sand is being minimalized, but it's not being eliminated since it still exists on the home and alt blue jersey. Which makes sense, SD is still well known for sand and sea. I believe that moves all 30 teams back into white and gray however which is very unfortunate.

That's also on their facebook now too. I stand corrected. Sorry to see the sand go. But on the bright side it looks like sand is being minimalized, but it's not being eliminated since it still exists on the home and alt blue jersey. Which makes sense, SD is still well known for sand and sea.

True. Or it could just be a holdover until the rumored 2012 overhaul of the Padres' uniforms. The way I see it, the Tucson squad is running a trial period on a modernized retro script. As you can tell, the Tucson team is sans any sand on the uniform - it's navy blue, light blue, and gray. The only sand with them is on their website and I think that has more to do with adhering to the current colors of the parent club than anything else. I feel that's far more likely than local sportswriter Bill Center's theory that this year's digital brown camo uniforms are a trial run for brown.

That's also on their facebook now too. I stand corrected. Sorry to see the sand go. But on the bright side it looks like sand is being minimalized, but it's not being eliminated since it still exists on the home and alt blue jersey. Which makes sense, SD is still well known for sand and sea.

True. Or it could just be a holdover until the rumored 2012 overhaul of the Padres' uniforms. The way I see it, the Tucson squad is running a trial period on a modernized retro script. As you can tell, the Tucson team is sans any sand on the uniform - it's navy blue, light blue, and gray. The only sand with them is on their website and I think that has more to do with adhering to the current colors of the parent club than anything else. I feel that's far more likely than local sportswriter Bill Center's theory that this year's digital brown camo uniforms are a trial run for brown.

Well as a fan of the Padres current sand and sea color scheme and the script logo I hope they don't get too drastic in any 2012 redesign.

Well as a fan of the Padres current sand and sea color scheme and the script logo I hope they don't get too drastic in any 2012 redesign.

In my opinion, the only worthwhile and unique thing relating to the Padres' sand/sea color scheme implemented on their home plate logo was the sand-colored away jersey. The script and light blue could be retired tomorrow and I wouldn't miss it.

Bring back brown.

In my opinion, the only worthwhile and unique thing relating to the Padres' sand/sea color scheme implemented on their home plate logo was the sand-colored away jersey. The script and light blue could be retired tomorrow and I wouldn't miss it.

Bring back brown.

Probably stems from me only being a fan since they've had blue. Brown to me is just an alien thing they wear on Thursdays that's kinda ugly.

From what I can tell these are better than in years past. I still wish they'd go for the more formal uni though.

padrescamo.jpg

I have to say, I like them. They're very realistic when it comes to actually looking like the Marines do. For a team tied so closely to the military it's a very fitting tribute when you consider most soldiers wear that camo daily, not their dress blues.

I IM'ed to my brother-in-law (active duty Marine in Afghanistan) about this. He has always gotten a laugh out of this, because Marines may only wear camo if on duty. When he's home, he has to change at the base or go home and change out of camo. he can't wear it anywhere else when not on official business. The Marines are VERY strict about the use of camo.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

You sure lids has the new Sunday cap or is it the one that was already being sold that is a very similar color (particularly if you have certain computer monitors).

Yes, I'm sure. The cap is labeled in their inventory as "Alt 2", it was a New Era on field Authentic cap in polyester/cool base.

Anyone know where I can get the old Camo Jersey cheap? I can't find any decent priced ones anywhere online.

Probably everywhere. Padres team store in particular will be dumping inventory so they're probably a good bet.

Going to navy and light blue would be a bad move. The Rays are now navy and light blue (sometimes). It is one thing changing colors once or twice, but the Padres would have gone from brown and yellow to brown,yellow and orange to brown and orange to navy and orange to navy and sand and then to navy and light blue? Instead of sticking with more bland unis and a borrowed color scheme, they need to just go back to the brown and yellow.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived