Padres uniform announcement - Tuesday January 25

larrypep

So they are wearing the home cap on the road as well? It looks so bland. Not to mention I loved the sand unis. I wish they went with the sand jerseys and a new script.

On the cap, it's more likely Venable just put the wrong cap on. This doesn't look like an "official" photo.

You think they will wear an away cap that has the sand color on it, and then an away jersey that has no sand in it anywhere? That'd look pretty bad.

I think the away cap will be reserved for the alternate navy unis.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So they are wearing the home cap on the road as well? It looks so bland. Not to mention I loved the sand unis. I wish they went with the sand jerseys and a new script.

On the cap, it's more likely Venable just put the wrong cap on. This doesn't look like an "official" photo.

You think they will wear an away cap that has the sand color on it, and then an away jersey that has no sand in it anywhere? That'd look pretty bad.

I think that's exactly what they'll do. If you look the primary logo is on the sleeve so the sand accent is still on this uniform. I'd bet the away cap remains. And frankly I hope it does to create some differentiation with the other gray and navy uniforms out there like the Yankees. But your idea isn't terrible either.

I think that's exactly what they'll do. If you look the primary logo is on the sleeve so the sand accent is still on this uniform. I'd bet the away cap remains. And frankly I hope it does to create some differentiation with the other gray and navy uniforms out there like the Yankees. But your idea isn't terrible either.

Yeah, maybe that's what they do. Surely wouldn't put it past them. Just seems kinda strange to me.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Go Friars! I like these uniforms. I hope they eventually go back to the brown/yellow or brown/orange color scheme.

5390970003_1cd03d23a0_b.jpg

231256462 by ThePhilHay, on Flickr

I'm ok with this if it's a one-year stop-gap, assuming the Padres are really due for a major uni change in 2012.

Same here. It's not great, but not downright terrible.

I just hope that the Padres don't go the route of the Chargers and say that they're going back to a more traditional color scheme, then turn around and stick with navy at the last second. I hate when that happens.

However, are there formal (read: officially announced) plans for the Padres to overhaul their look in 2012?

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

Anyone know where I can get the old Camo Jersey cheap? I can't find any decent priced ones anywhere online.

Probably everywhere. Padres team store in particular will be dumping inventory so they're probably a good bet.

I called, they want 229 for the jersey, and 289 for the jersey customized. Anywhere else?

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

I'm not a fan of the new road. I've always stated my preference for different colored (or pinstriped) road unis, and of course the khaki Padres topped that list by being the most different. Not all teams need to go white and gray (thank you, Astros). The wordmark seems even worse on the gray, too. Maybe it stands out more on such a plain background. The sand needed to be put in there somewhere prominent. Oh well. Missed opportunity.

While I liked the sand road jerseys, when you compare the two uniforms, the grey actually works better because it's a cool color as opposed to the warm grey. I will agree with a lot of people and say that what kills the Padres entire look is the horrible wordmarks, whether it's the one in the logo and on the home jersey or the one on the road.

While I liked the sand road jerseys, when you compare the two uniforms, the grey actually works better because it's a cool color as opposed to the warm grey.

But don't you think of all MLB teams, that it makes sense for team from San Diego to have kind of a "warmer" gray? I thought it made sense on a few levels, obviously for the "sand-colored" reason but also because their gray looked warmer than the typical gray, which matched up well with the fact that they are from a warm part of the country.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

I actually really like this uniform, though I liked their previous away too.

I don't have a problem with the wordmark, honestly - not the best wordmark, but I never minded it.

1923 1927 1928 1932 1936 1937 1938 1939 1941 1943 1947 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1956 1958 1961 1962 1977 1978 1996 1998 1999 2000 2009

The grey almost seems a bit light blue-ish, which I like. But overall I still miss the blue/orange days.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

Ah, I still miss the brown and gold. They started out damn-near perfect in 1969, and have been working their way downhill since then, sometimes slowly and sometimes at a breakneck pace.

I'll admit 69 was an acceptable use of pee and poop, but the rest of their uniforms in that color scheme in the 70's until 84 were just terrible. I'd say they're the fashion equivalent of something, but there was nothing fashionable about them. And the brown and orange that replaced them were equally as bad if just because they looked so much like the Giants. No the best Padres uniforms began with the intro of blue to the uniform in their waning days at Qualcomm.

Way to :censored: up the best jersey in baseball, San Diego. Way to go.

"Best jersey in baseball"? Seriously? That's what you thought of the now old one?

Not sure how any jersey with that wordmark can be considered the "best" at anything.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Count me as one of the people who actually likes the wordmark. I mean, yeah, it is bowtie-esque but I just don't see what's so bad about it.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Count me as one of the people who actually likes the wordmark. I mean, yeah, it is bowtie-esque but I just don't see what's so bad about it.

Honestly, if the D weren't so big, it wouldn't be bad. Either have it in the natural flow of the wordmark at the size it would be with it, or even slightly bigger than the rest of the letters (excluding the S and O), but still in the shape of the letters. As it is now, it just looks odd.

Archived