super bowl XLV to be played on grass

duma

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really don't like the verticality of the new SB logo. First it was just on the jerseys, now I don't like it on the field. They should just go with the XLV part of it, or [lombardi]XLV.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

%7Boption%7D

Guessing this will be the final result.

Very cool - did you make that?

Will the Super Bowl logo be the one with Cowboys Stadium or without it?

Without.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

[Those benches remind me of Tulane Stadium. All the seats were benches, except wood instead of aluminum. Trust me, your a** knew you'd been to a game after three hours of that.

Turning back to this year, can you imagine paying $1000-2000+ for tickets and sitting on a metal bench? Of course, one time when I went to Saints-Falcons in the Georgia Dome, my $80 "seat" turned out to be a metal folding chair they'd set up in an open area designed for people in wheelchairs. :wacko:

Come to Lambeau. All the seats in the main bowl are still aluminum benches. That's what my $83 got me every game this year. Of course, I bring a padded seat so my @$$ isn't sore (or cold) when all is said and done.

It's where I sit.

[Those benches remind me of Tulane Stadium. All the seats were benches, except wood instead of aluminum. Trust me, your a** knew you'd been to a game after three hours of that.

Turning back to this year, can you imagine paying $1000-2000+ for tickets and sitting on a metal bench? Of course, one time when I went to Saints-Falcons in the Georgia Dome, my $80 "seat" turned out to be a metal folding chair they'd set up in an open area designed for people in wheelchairs. :wacko:

Come to Lambeau. All the seats in the main bowl are still aluminum benches. That's what my $83 got me every game this year. Of course, I bring a padded seat so my @$$ isn't sore (or cold) when all is said and done.

If I could go to a game at Lambeau field... :censored: I wouldn't mind benches. Plus, it adds to the charm. I hate the wine-and-cheese crowds at stadiums. They take all the fun out of being a fan.

Exactly - the benches are an essential part of the experience. So glad they didn't rip them out in the recent renovations.

I look at Soldier Field, and feel as though the Bears lost the essence of their stadium. They seem to have made every wrong choice, where the Packers made every right choice.

I really don't like the verticality of the new SB logo. First it was just on the jerseys, now I don't like it on the field. They should just go with the XLV part of it, or [lombardi]XLV.

Actually... If they did that, it wouldn't be as bad. Think of it similar to a Super Bowl XLI logo with the end zone marker. And with the print version of it, it would look cool. All that, and if it was just one year, it would be cool.

Can anyone work that out?

I guess the Packers will not be going with a dark green end zone. Looks pretty plain.

SBXLVField.jpg

Could it possibly not be done? Maybe they're finishing the Steelers gold endzone and sideline before the Packers endzone and sideline begins.

I guess the Packers will not be going with a dark green end zone. Looks pretty plain.

SBXLVField.jpg

Could it possibly not be done? Maybe they're finishing the Steelers gold endzone and sideline before the Packers endzone and sideline begins.

no, its done. they didnt paint the green in the G logo either. Plus, I dont see why they'd start the packers sideline, the move on without finishing it

SBXLVField.jpg

no, its done. they didnt paint the green in the G logo either. Plus, I dont see why they'd start the packers sideline, the move on without finishing it

If they're replicating the endzones (give or take), the Packers just use the grass as the green in their logo.

True, but this is no ordinary game. The Steelers don't use gold end zones at Heinz Field, either.

SBXLVField.jpg

If they're replicating the endzones (give or take), the Packers just use the grass as the green in their logo.

That just looks cheap. They need to paint the Packers end zone too.

newsig.jpg

Archived