super bowl XLV to be played on grass

duma

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess the Packers will not be going with a dark green end zone. Looks pretty plain.

SBXLVField.jpg

Could it possibly not be done? Maybe they're finishing the Steelers gold endzone and sideline before the Packers endzone and sideline begins.

no, its done. they didnt paint the green in the G logo either. Plus, I dont see why they'd start the packers sideline, the move on without finishing it

If they're replicating the endzones (give or take), the Packers just use the grass as the green in their logo.

True, but this is no ordinary game. The Steelers don't use gold end zones at Heinz Field, either.

That's because they need to be able to play both Steelers and Panthers games on it. Hence the easily-recolored "PITTSBURGH" in one endzone, and stripes in the other, and no midfield logo until Pitt finishes.

At Three Rivers Stadium, they had gold endzones:

threemain.jpg

And the first games at Heinz Field.

As well as every Super Bowl. IX X XIV XXX XL XLIII

So one could say that the Steelers are unable to have a real endzone, and gold would be it if they are in a venue that allows them to, or at least it was the last unique one until the Heinz Field zones became universal. That's probably looking too far into it, but it would justify the "replicating their regular endzone" theory.

Also, while this belongs in the uniform thread, the Steelers did win thier first Super Bowl (IX) in white. So there is no real "superstition" or "tradition" tied to their color choice, other than black looking better.

oBIgzrL.png

I really don't like the verticality of the new SB logo. First it was just on the jerseys, now I don't like it on the field. They should just go with the XLV part of it, or [lombardi]XLV.

Actually... If they did that, it wouldn't be as bad. Think of it similar to a Super Bowl XLI logo with the end zone marker. And with the print version of it, it would look cool. All that, and if it was just one year, it would be cool.

Can anyone work that out?

XLV2.png

Packers Endzone and sideline are confirmed painted green

Yea.. the pictures posted yesterday kind of proved that fact already. Thanks, Champ...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Anywho... these last few posts have made me wonder... why on Madden 2011 do they give the Packers a gold-colored endzone in the Super Bowl? It's not a bad idea if they wanted to make their endzone more "finished." Though I personally like the fact they simply gave them a much darker green.

I really don't like the verticality of the new SB logo. First it was just on the jerseys, now I don't like it on the field. They should just go with the XLV part of it, or [lombardi]XLV.

Actually... If they did that, it wouldn't be as bad. Think of it similar to a Super Bowl XLI logo with the end zone marker. And with the print version of it, it would look cool. All that, and if it was just one year, it would be cool.

XLV2.png

There was a logo in the Super Bowl style guide that had the Lombardi Trophy positioned to the left of the Roman numerals like that, but it was specified to only be used in such cases that using the vertical logo would make it too small and difficult to read, like a short website header or something.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

[Those benches remind me of Tulane Stadium. All the seats were benches, except wood instead of aluminum. Trust me, your a** knew you'd been to a game after three hours of that.

Turning back to this year, can you imagine paying $1000-2000+ for tickets and sitting on a metal bench? Of course, one time when I went to Saints-Falcons in the Georgia Dome, my $80 "seat" turned out to be a metal folding chair they'd set up in an open area designed for people in wheelchairs. :wacko:

Come to Lambeau. All the seats in the main bowl are still aluminum benches. That's what my $83 got me every game this year. Of course, I bring a padded seat so my @$$ isn't sore (or cold) when all is said and done.

Is the area on the bench in which you're expected to fit your ass roomy, or do they cram you in? When I went to Michigan Stadium, I was touching asscheeks, pressing hard shoulder to shoulder with both of my benchmates, and I have a narrow frame for a full-grown male.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

XLV2.png

There was a logo in the Super Bowl style guide that had the Lombardi Trophy positioned to the left of the Roman numerals like that, but it was specified to only be used in such cases that using the vertical logo would make it too small and difficult to read, like a short website header or something.

Oh yeah? I mean, every other logo is horizontal, why make a vertical one, especially one for the template of the future.

Anywho... these last few posts have made me wonder... why on Madden 2011 do they give the Packers a gold-colored endzone in the Super Bowl? It's not a bad idea if they wanted to make their endzone more "finished." Though I personally like the fact they simply gave them a much darker green.

My guess is that the Packers end zone probably would have been yellow if they played the Jets instead of the Steelers. Maybe any other team than the Steelers even. The NFL probably didn't want same colored end zones if they didn't have to.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I apologize if this hasn't been answered yet: Is there a good reason why the Packers logos are on the right end zone and the far sideline? I thought the home team's logos in Super Bowls were suppose to be on the left end zone and the near sideline.

Does this have to do something with the fact that the Cowboys in that stadium also use the far sideline away from the press boxes, and that their locker room is on that side of the stadium? If the Packers are also going to use that same locker room and that same sideline, then that would make sense IMO.

I apologize if this hasn't been answered yet: Is there a good reason why the Packers logos are on the right end zone and the far sideline? I thought the home team's logos in Super Bowls were suppose to be on the left end zone and the near sideline.

Does this have to do something with the fact that the Cowboys in that stadium also use the far sideline away from the press boxes, and that their locker room is on that side of the stadium? If the Packers are also going to use that same locker room and that same sideline, then that would make sense IMO.

Yes, the Packers are using the Cowboys' sideline and locker room.

Watching the pro bowl. Looks like they did gradients on the pro bowl logo so I guess they'd do the same for the Super Bowl. An updated field to come after media day.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

It seems like they have moved away from the outlines in recent years. The Bears endzone in XLI had orange letters on a navy background with no white outline, the Saints' endzone was black letter on gold last year. The Steelers' and Packers' endzones would both look better with a white outline, IMO.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

one thing that is still missing, however, is the white outline around "PACKERS" that was prevalent on their last 2 super bowl endzones.

Thank goodness for that. Not only is there more than enough contrast between the green and gold to make the white outline unnecessary, but it really doesn't make sense for a stencil-based wordmark.

Archived