super bowl XLV to be played on grass

duma

one thing that is still missing, however, is the white outline around "PACKERS" that was prevalent on their last 2 super bowl endzones.

Thank goodness for that. Not only is there more than enough contrast between the green and gold to make the white outline unnecessary, but it really doesn't make sense for a stencil-based wordmark.

Exactly. The Packers wordmark in XXXI looked awful. I like the no outline look.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[Those benches remind me of Tulane Stadium. All the seats were benches, except wood instead of aluminum. Trust me, your a** knew you'd been to a game after three hours of that.

Turning back to this year, can you imagine paying $1000-2000+ for tickets and sitting on a metal bench? Of course, one time when I went to Saints-Falcons in the Georgia Dome, my $80 "seat" turned out to be a metal folding chair they'd set up in an open area designed for people in wheelchairs. :wacko:

Come to Lambeau. All the seats in the main bowl are still aluminum benches. That's what my $83 got me every game this year. Of course, I bring a padded seat so my @$$ isn't sore (or cold) when all is said and done.

I did, in 2004 for a Saints-Packers preseason game. Forgot about the benches but I didn't care anyway, paid $75 for a seat six rows from the field near one goal line. The field was like a putting green...beautiful. The whole experience was amazing; tailgaters had filled the parking lots by about 11am for a 730pm kickoff and they were very friendly, even to people wearing enemy colors.

Two words of advice about taking in a game at Lambeau: Do it.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

NFL network just showed the super bowl logo on total access. Looks like they are going full detail including the NFL logo on the trophy.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

The Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins will have a different center ice logo for their game this friday...

233905459.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1296509175&Signature=lUpZX2HFLQq%2B78EvH8nvFNP6BLs%3D

(obviously it's not in the ice yet. It's just on display right now...)

sB9ijEj.png

we can all rest easy now...from a stadium worker's blog...

IMG_4747%5B5%5D.jpg

one thing that is still missing, however, is the white outline around "PACKERS" that was prevalent on their last 2 super bowl endzones.

And a good thing at that. The Packers don't have a version of their wordmark with an outline in their style guide, I don't believe, so really you should never see the wordmark with an outline. One color looks much better, anyway. Same with the Steelers.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

And a good thing at that. The Packers don't have a version of their wordmark with an outline in their style guide, I don't believe, so really you should never see the wordmark with an outline. One color looks much better, anyway. Same with the Steelers.

I feel that both endzones would look better with a white outline. I don't know about the outline in the style guide, but their endzones at Lambeau have a white outline. The Steelers' yellow endzones (at 3 Rivers and when they painted them at Heinz) had white outlines. To me, having no white outline looks cheap.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I feel that both endzones would look better with a white outline. I don't know about the outline in the style guide, but their endzones at Lambeau have a white outline. The Steelers' yellow endzones (at 3 Rivers and when they painted them at Heinz) had white outlines. To me, having no white outline looks cheap.

I have the opposite opinion.- a white outline looks cheap, like they're trying too hard.

While the Packers do indeed have one at Lambeau, that's not their primary wordmark in those endzones. The primary, seen here, never has an outline.

Here's the best I can do. Enjoy.

xlvfield.png

Nothing wrong with that. Some of the sharpness of the lines get lost posting to the board, but looks great. (As I dig out my "Official" NFL Field Diagram) :grin:

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

Here's the best I can do. Enjoy.

xlvfield.png

Steal the "40" from the field i did, and you'll just about have it. The "4" is the only thing that is different...

sB9ijEj.png

[Those benches remind me of Tulane Stadium. All the seats were benches, except wood instead of aluminum. Trust me, your a** knew you'd been to a game after three hours of that.

Turning back to this year, can you imagine paying $1000-2000+ for tickets and sitting on a metal bench? Of course, one time when I went to Saints-Falcons in the Georgia Dome, my $80 "seat" turned out to be a metal folding chair they'd set up in an open area designed for people in wheelchairs. :wacko:

Come to Lambeau. All the seats in the main bowl are still aluminum benches. That's what my $83 got me every game this year. Of course, I bring a padded seat so my @$$ isn't sore (or cold) when all is said and done.

Is the area on the bench in which you're expected to fit your ass roomy, or do they cram you in? When I went to Michigan Stadium, I was touching asscheeks, pressing hard shoulder to shoulder with both of my benchmates, and I have a narrow frame for a full-grown male.

Well, there's a lot more room in September than in December :-)

I think it's officially 18 inches, so it gets tight when there's warmer clothes on. It's fine before then.

It's where I sit.

Archived