NBA Identities as Football Teams

Raven52

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, thank you all for the comments. I've made some changes, including fixing the shoulder numbers and resizing the front and back numbers. As requested, I will probably make a gold alternate and possibly a Bullets alternate in the future. However, my goal is to get through multiple teams right now. But if I get bored, I'd love to come back and do alt's. Here's the edited (hopefully finished) Wiz jerseys, and the Bucks will be coming up very soon.

g13075.png

You idiots who are simply posting team names aren't really helping improve the concept by giving c/c.

This is a very strong first attempt. I'd consider making a set of blue pants with black sides to go with the home jersey (maybe not full time, but for a mono option.) I'd also consider making the side panels of the white jersey black, so that it could be paired occasionally with the blue pants from my first suggestion. It's not true to the bball jersey, but still well within the identity. Other than that, it would be nice to see more gold in here, but I'm not really sure how. Gold helmet / pants would be too much.

Would be a nice entry into an Iron Crossover Challenge... if there still was such things. Why are there not such things anymore? Get on it ICS.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

A sincere thank you for all the comments and input. Washington was my first real concept, and I feel that it still has a lot of potential. But moving on, here are the Milwaukee Bucks.

g14614.png

This set is where I happily utilized creative freedom. The Bucks, like many other teams I'm discovering, don't really provide an appealing helmet logo. However, inspired by the Eagles, I used the wings idea (replaced of course by antlers.) Other than that, there isn't too much of note with this set. The side panels and collar were inspired by the basketball jerseys, and the number and NOB font were taken as well. Also, while the home set is faithful color-wise, the away's side panels are just white and red. I may try green and red to resemble the basketball jerseys, but I feel like I tried that while making these. I think it looked like an overload of green. I dunno, I'll do it again to see how it looks if no one agrees with what I have here. Anyway, so enjoy this set and up next is the Boston Celtics.

By the way, does anyone know how you change the subheading underneath the topic title?

I like the home set. And I agree with you on the away, it's kind of an overload of green, especially if you would add more. I'm not expert though. I do love the helmets, and I think they're the best part of this set.

Edit: After looking at it again, instead of having red outlined with red for the side panels, have you tried outlining them in Green? Just throwing things out.

LOVE the Bucks.

PS. It's 2011. :)

Thanks. But the "Designed by..." is just a note that was on the template. I kept it in just in case someone claimed I stole it or something. So thanks to 'Mackin John Bannon' haha.

You're welcome, but you can take that off. I posted the template so others can use it, and I'm glad to see that you did.

To the concepts, these look really good. The Wizards set is solid, and I really like what you did with the Bucks. The helmet is genius, and the design is pretty good. However, I would get rid of the side panels and rework the pants. Maybe you could just do a simple three-stripe design on the pants to match the helmet.

Great work though, and I can't wait to see some more!

Archived