The National Football League

Ink

Hello everyone! I started a NFL thread before and took a break to sharpen my inkscape abilities. So with out further ado The National Football League.

NFC SOUTH

New Orleans Saints

Logos

Home

Alt. Home

Away

Alt. Away

Fauxback

Atlanta Falcons

Logos

Home

Alt. Home

Away

Fauxback

Carolina Panthers

Logos

Home

Alt. Home

Away

Fauxback

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Logos

Home

Home Alt.

Away

Fauxback

3535rx3.jpg

match helmet to pants, sleeve striping and i like it. black helmet works here

Yeah the more I look at it the more I notice that the striping should match. I'll update it when I finish with the NFC South.

I like how you put gold on the falcons logo, but I think you should put that color on the jersey somehow. Otherwise, it's lost and makes no sense whatsoever.

Yeah I wanted to incorporate the gold used in the 70's (I think that's when they used it)because their owner wanted to use some Georgia Tech gold instead of all Georgia colors. I Think I'll add some gold on the stripping.

A suggestion on the falcons logos , it looks like you just used the bitmap to vector converter. Dont. Always hand trace it.

Does it really look that bad?

3535rx3.jpg

I definitely like your Falcons concept out of all of time. When I saw your Carolina Panthers logos, I personally prefer the panther head compared to the entire body, but it's not a downgrade, just different. My only issue is with the paw logo. It's not a bad touch, but with the television numbers, the stripe, and the paw being so large, the jersey itself just looks way too busy from the chest on up. You might want to shrink the paw logo, or perhaps get rid of the stripe altogether, since there's a lot going on.

By the way, did you get inspiration for that logo from Clemson's tiger-paw logo?

I definitely like your Falcons concept out of all of time. When I saw your Carolina Panthers logos, I personally prefer the panther head compared to the entire body, but it's not a downgrade, just different. My only issue is with the paw logo. It's not a bad touch, but with the television numbers, the stripe, and the paw being so large, the jersey itself just looks way too busy from the chest on up. You might want to shrink the paw logo, or perhaps get rid of the stripe altogether, since there's a lot going on.

By the way, did you get inspiration for that logo from Clemson's tiger-paw logo?

I see what you mean about it being too cluttered, I'll definitely fix that. Personally I hate the Panthers head logo, because it's a head and its neck. If it was just the head then it would be alright. I know their current has something to do with the shape of North and South Carolina. And yeah I got inspiration from Clemson. In the next update I'll tweak the paw logo so it doesn't look too much like Clemson.

3535rx3.jpg

• 4 months later...

Not bad, but might I suggest putting some orange between the red helmet stripes, and more specifically the red pants stripes on both of your home jerseys. Without it, the uniform looks incomplete, and what about the logo too? Shouldn't you be adjusting the colors of it to match the new uniforms you've given them, whether it's adding an orange outline to it. It just seems the uniforms made the transition to the vintage colors, but the logo is stuck in the 1990's/2000's.

Archived