Madden 12

zinman11121

One thing I want to see is the ability to move stadiums without relocating. Changing tean names but staying in the same city. And please, better custom logos.

Teambuilder mode like they have in NCAA Football. That or something similar to it should be in every sports video game as far as I'm concerned.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One thing I want to see is the ability to move stadiums without relocating. Changing tean names but staying in the same city. And please, better custom logos.

Teambuilder mode like they have in NCAA Football. That or something similar to it should be in every sports video game as far as I'm concerned.

Backbreaker had the best customization options in terms of designing your teams logo, uniforms, and players. The only thing it lacked was customizable stadiums, but that wasn't that big of a deal. However, I do agree when comparing what NCAA has to Madden, Madden NFL games haven't been really good in that department since 2004 and 2005, right before next-generation technology came out.

Is it true in the Madden series for PC you can upload your own logos to a specific folder still? I know you could do it yeares ago in madden 2003 or something, I've had the game for consoles ever since. I'm considering doing a massive sexy pc build and converting my gaming future to that.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Backbreaker had the best customization options in terms of designing your teams logo, uniforms, and players.

The logo stuff was good if you were willing to put in the time but the templated uniforms were terrible. Kind of like the rest of the game, a complete and total disappointment.

Backbreaker had the best customization options in terms of designing your teams logo, uniforms, and players.

The logo stuff was good if you were willing to put in the time but the templated uniforms were terrible. Kind of like the rest of the game, a complete and total disappointment.

They were much more professional looking than the thrift-shop Create-A-Team options on any of the next-generation Madden NFL games that have actually featured that option. Plus, people say the game was disappointment because of the gameplay, and honestly they can never fully explain why. Because the passing system was more realistic than the top-down, throw for 500 yards and 5 TD's even on All-Madden, in Madden? Because you were operating the game during the action from a third-person camera angle, as if you actually were the player? Honestly, I enjoyed it's take on football, and while it's wasn't perfect, it's a good foundation to start with... a lot better than those stupid Blitz games.

Huge ESPN article on the changes, looks better linked.

highlights:

Free Agency

Think "NFL Head Coach" with this new feature, as gamers will now enter into a bidding war for players eBay-style, highlighting the players they want and hitting "A" to increase the bid. When all the bidding is over, you sign the player to a contract. "We've added some contracts we've never had before," Looman said. "You can now pick back-loaded contracts or contracts that are pretty flat across the board. This system is so much better in my opinion because the bidding goes by quick and you tend to overpay for guys you really need, just like in real life."

Player Roles

"The neat thing is, we not only brought them back, we made them more usable. Now you can pull up a screen and read about every player role that a guy at a certain position can earn, and it explains how they can be earned and lost and what impact they have on the game. Most of these roles do have in-game impact."

Dynamic Player Performance

"Consistency is huge this year in 'Madden,' when it comes to franchise, because if you have a really inconsistent quarterback like Jay Cutler, each week you never know what you're going to get from him, and a lot of it has to do with his confidence. So you might go into a game where Cutler is an 85 overall, you might go into a game where he's a 75 overall or you could go into a game where he's a 90. This really captures the any given Sunday aspect of the NFL."

In-Franchise Changes

gamers are finally given the opportunity to change the team they are controlling. "This might not be a major feature, but we have a lot of little things, like the ability to change teams, being able to edit player ratings in franchise, being able to practice in franchise -- these are all just little things that make the mode easier to use," Looman said. "This applies to people who might start the mode with a team like the Patriots, but then they find out that it's a little too easy playing through with such a good team, so then they switch to the Lions and see what it's like to build them up without getting rid of all of the rookies who have already been drafted. We also give you the ability to control all of the teams if you want. It's totally up to you."

The Draft

You can finally package future picks in a trade to get the player you're after, meaning there will be a lot more wheeling and dealing at the virtual draft. Combine that with the need to actually scout players at the combine, pro day, and individual workouts to see some of their potential. "The addition of future draft picks allows you to play the draft the way you like. You can try and mortgage the future on that one player you know is your future star, or you can trade back and stockpile picks in order to build out your team."

Team Logic

"We've even added in logic to make every team feel more realistic," Looman said. "If you're watching the draft and the Raiders are on the clock and they are picking between a receiver with good hands or a burner, they'll always pick the speed guy. We've just added so much more authenticity into every little bit we could, I think people are really going to be amazed how realistic the mode has gotten, right down to the way the Raiders draft."

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Team Logic

"We've even added in logic to make every team feel more realistic," Looman said. "If you're watching the draft and the Raiders are on the clock and they are picking between a receiver with good hands or a burner, they'll always pick the speed guy. We've just added so much more authenticity into every little bit we could, I think people are really going to be amazed how realistic the mode has gotten, right down to the way the Raiders draft."

I'm eager to see if they actually were able to replicate the Rams' random number generator.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived