NHL SuperSkills: Chara's 'C' is wrong

Beantown77

I believe that at the All-Star Game, the league has one company (Exclusive Pro?) letter all the jerseys for the skills competition. That means there may be discrepancies when compared to what each team's local customizer does for the regular jerseys.

I immediately took note of the Bruins differences.The numerals on the backs of their jerseys are a bit wider than normal, the nameplate letters are a bit shorter and the serifs a bit different. Look at Seguin, the I in his name didn't have any serifs at all, it was just a straight stick. These were similar to the differences the Winter Classic jersey had.

Tonight

x900.jpg

Regular Season

900x.jpg

One other thing that jumped out to me was that the Flyers clearly had much thinner borders around their numbers than what you usually see.

I'm sure followers of other teams can spot some more differences in jersey lettering.

I'm surprised nobody else has mentioned it, but when Patrick Sharp of the Blackhawks was introduced, the little fog curtain thingy they came through was showing his name and number over a Blue Jackets logo.

It was brought up in the ASG thread.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Sorry if I change the discussion, but man the Bruins have beautiful sweaters. So jealous as a Canuck fan.

Agreed but no need to be jealous cause The Canucks have beautiful sweaters as well!

Hell yeah... The Bruins have the best uniforms in the entire league, but the Vancouver Canucks are definitely Top Ten, if not, Top Five. For once in their history, they actually look good.

I'm surprised nobody else has mentioned it, but when Patrick Sharp of the Blackhawks was introduced, the little fog curtain thingy they came through was showing his name and number over a Blue Jackets logo.

They made a few mistakes of that nature. Not a visual one, but "... from the Florida Panthers, #63 Tyler Ennis!"

For the skills, i dont understand why guys just dont wear the jerseys they wear during the season

Because then the NHL wouldn't be able to sell these extra jerseys at a higher cost because they were worn by the players...

Archived