What Sports Moment Gives You Chills?

nash61

This whole game. I was 10 years old, and I'll never forget it.

IMO, even better than Vancouver.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can give a few. Honestly, even though the Redskins were 6-10 this year, there were many great moments. We played close in a lot of games. I went to all the home games and here are a few clips of the best moments this year...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vC4iw38dcCk

What a way to kick off the year on SNF. I mean WOW-and doing it in gold pants?? AW YEA

SKIP TO :32

This has to be my favorite. I mean it's just another catch, but Joe Buck's call on the play gives me a little hope that the worst of our woes are over. The way he says "Touch.Down. Washington. sounds expected and matter of fact. I remember seeing McNabb roll out, beginning to stand and screaming "I like what I see I like what I-AHHHHHHHHH There are no flags on the field!!!" as my less passionate friend laughed his head off as I freaked out.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

Of course I'm a little biased, but this has got to be maybe the best run in college football.

Forget Vince Young, or Tim Tebow -- Tommie Frazier is STILL the only player in history to be named MVP of THREE consecutive National Title games (including one that we lost).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LNIWaYNJZI

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Great idea for a thread.

I was twelve when my dad and I watched Secretariat blow away the field to win the Triple Crown in the '73 Belmont Stakes. Frankly, then and now, I really couldn't care less about horse racing in general. At the same time, incredible moments in any sport are fun to watch and this one is amazing. The rest of the field wasn't a bunch of plow horses, they were some of the finest thoroughbreds in racing but Secretariat delivered arguably the most dominant performance ever in the biggest race of his life. "An unbelievable, an amazing performance!" The announcer was off; the actual margin was 31 lengths and Secretariat ran the fastest ever mile-and-a-half on dirt (2:24), averaging 37.5 mph. :shocked:

Yes, I still get chills when I hear that call, and it's amazing once he hits the wire and runs out of the picture to see five seconds of empty track before the rest of the horses get there.

The best of it starts about a minute in:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2KfxdjjvDE

Of course, this is my personal greatest chills moment, but at least from a fresh perspective: one of the best, clearest 'from the crowd shots' I've ever seen, with the added bonus of being from an angle where you can see the reaction of the entire Saints sideline, their cheerleaders, and hear the fan reaction:

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Then there's the 2000 Wild Card game in the Superdome. The Saints had opened a 31-7 fourth quarter lead, at which time my GF said, "What's wrong? I'd think you'd be happy." And I replied, "When you've watched the Saints as long as I have, you learned never to cheer until the last second is off the clock."

And sure enough, with 2:36 left the defending SB champ Rams had closed to 31-28, the Saints were punting, and everybody in the Superdome feared we'd be going home disappointed yet again. So when Hakim graciously dropped the punt, who could blame Saints play-by-play guy Jim Henderson for saying "There is a God after all!" and nearly breaking down right there on the air?

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Ya know, as much as I (sports) dislike the guy now, LeBron's performance in the 2007 Eastern Conference Finals Game 5 (the one where he scored the last 25 Cavs points and 29 of the last 30) might be one of the greatest sporting moments in my life.

Also, the Bug Game (2007 ALDS Game 2) between the Indians and Yankees is another pinnacle for me as a sports fan. Both the passed ball and Hafner's 11th inning GW Single still give me chills today.

6fQjS3M.png

If only Pierre McGuire hadn't ruined it. :cursing:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Sorry no video, but this:

Konstantinov.jpg

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Although it's not a well-known or even historical moment, I went to my first NFL game this season in Detroit for the Lions' home opener. I swear, I've never felt the so called "electricity" in an audience before, but it was really something special. Specifically, when Ndamukong Suh came out of the tunnel during the starting lineups, I actually got goosebumps and honestly got a little choked up. It was just such an amazing experience.

To a lesser extent, seeing the Phillies' World Series banner go up on opening day '09 was a similar experience. I guess if I were a Phillies' fan, it would've been more special.

I don't really like Jennifer Jones so much, but I'll never forget this shot to win the Canadian Championship...

Spoiler

New York Rangers. Stanley Cup Champions - 1928, 1933, 1940, 1994. Saskatchewan. Cold. 1905-2022.

I have a couple of ones that give me the chills.

Derek Fisher's .4 shot. I was 13... And I couldn't believe, actually still can't believe that he actually made that shot. Go to 1:25 to see his shot. Plus Al Michael's call only furthers my believe that he can broadcast any sport and be one of the best at it.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/Rmo4uFggxbE

Robert Horry's 3 over the Kings in '02. I was only 11 at the time, and I was a movie theater for my best friends' sister's birthday party. I was pissed because my mom made me go only because I had agreed to about two months prior and the tickets were already bought. Dumbest movie in the world. Sprit, or some stupid s*** like that. I'm sitting there watching a freaking cartoon horse movie where the horses didn't even talk. They made horse noise. Dumbest. Movie. Ever. Plus it made it worse that all i could think about was the Laker game. So, my mom was listening to it on a portable radio thingy, and at one point during the movie, she beckoned my friend and I to follow her outside. She told us that we were down 99-97 with under 20 seconds to go, and the Lakers had the ball. For the next 20 seconds, we didn't move nor make made a sound as we were waiting for my mom to indicate whether we lost or won (she had headphones on. Out of nowhere, she started screaming at the top of her lungs in joy, then quickly told us, "we made a 3 and we won!" So naturally, my friend and I (and we are both big big big Laker fans) started jumping around and hollering around like bimbos. Easily the moment that gives me the most chills, and I still do everytime I watch that video.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/769f_gjkDaA

Lakers Game 7 vs. Celtics. Gives me chills everytime. I hate the Celtics more than I hate any other team in any sport period. Beating them when it mattered most? Priceless

http://www.youtube.com/embed/YR7nakA2Nt0

And One more: Miles Austin announcing himself to the world.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/o4aMfc7bSsI

EDIT: One of the many reasons why I hate the Celtics. Go to 3:17

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLZPkf6m0AM

Pierce flops, then as Gasol attempts to run past him, Pierce sticks his leg out tripping Pau. When Kobe gives the ball to Brown, and shields Rondo from the ball, rondo blantly shoves him.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Archived