MLB 11: The Show Uniforms

rmackman

I don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but I'd be happy if The Show had the correct logo on the Jays banners in Rogers Centre.

To make the stadium truly authentic, throw up some Argos banners while you're at it too. Licensing be damned!

Those other team banners are really cool in the 2K games. Say for instance you play at Pepsi Center as the Nuggets in NBA 2K5, if you look in the rafters you should see Avalance banners because they have the NHL license due to making NHL 2K5.

bSLCtu2.png

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I e-mailed in the reports I had on Florida, Milwaukee, and Atlanta. They appreciated them greatly, and are giving the reports to their artists. As you guys continue to finish your comments on your assigned teams, e-mail them to me at BgMack27@hotmail.com. I'll keep sending the stuff in. Thanks guys.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

I don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but I'd be happy if The Show had the correct logo on the Jays banners in Rogers Centre.

To make the stadium truly authentic, throw up some Argos banners while you're at it too. Licensing be damned!

Didn't they fix that in 11?

Are you talking about the logo being the one they had when they won the World Series? If so, it is the correct logo on the banners. I have yet to play an actual game there, but i was in exhibition mode going to each stadium just to see the scoreboards and stuff and saw that the correct logos are on the banners.

Right, that's what I thought -- all previous versions had the 97-02 logo on the banners for some unknown reason

Crap! I don't know what I was drinking the day I posted that. They have the correct logo in MLB 11. I must have been playing 10 or something. Weird thing is I played today's afternoon game and the dome was open with the temp at 47F. IT seems like the dome is always open, but I haven't played many game yet.

Also I noticed the don't have the 'T' alternate cap. They have the batting practice caps, but no black cap without the white stripe.

I know they wouldn't put up logos from teams they don't have a license for, but you could at least put up a blue banner with a football on it or something. They took the time to make an add for Fenway in right field that looks like the Budweiser ad. Is asking for a square oxford blue banner with a generic football and capital 'A' too much to ask?

Friar%20Canuck.jpgfriarcanuck.png

Are you talking about the logo being the one they had when they won the World Series? If so, it is the correct logo on the banners. I have yet to play an actual game there, but i was in exhibition mode going to each stadium just to see the scoreboards and stuff and saw that the correct logos are on the banners.

Right, that's what I thought -- all previous versions had the 97-02 logo on the banners for some unknown reason

Crap! I don't know what I was drinking the day I posted that. They have the correct logo in MLB 11. I must have been playing 10 or something. Weird thing is I played today's afternoon game and the dome was open with the temp at 47F. IT seems like the dome is always open, but I haven't played many game yet.

Also I noticed the don't have the 'T' alternate cap. They have the batting practice caps, but no black cap without the white stripe.

I know they wouldn't put up logos from teams they don't have a license for, but you could at least put up a blue banner with a football on it or something. They took the time to make an add for Fenway in right field that looks like the Budweiser ad. Is asking for a square oxford blue banner with a generic football and capital 'A' too much to ask?

I think because it was so prominent, they had to make it say Fenway Park with the Budweiser script.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

I think because it was so prominent, they had to make it say Fenway Park with the Budweiser script.

So true and they did that with the Chicago Cubs @ Wrigley. One thing I love about the Show is their fake ads just like Acclaim All-Star Baseball series.

• 2 weeks later...

BUMP!

spacer.png

• 1 month later...

If anyone has their reports done, I'd love to turn some of them in. I turned in mine awhile ago, and they've already gone through it to implement some of my findings for next year's version (or so they say). Let's see what you have. E-mail it to me at BgMack27@hotmail.com

Thanks

spacer.png

Since you're in contact with them about uniforms, it would be awesome to add batting helmets to the uniform mix 'n match feature. The A's wear their green/gold batting helmets on the road, but in the game wear their solid green helmet (which isn't worn at all anymore)

I don't like the Brave's throwbacks on the game. I can't remember them ever wearing either set as a throwback uniform. I have always loved the uniforms they wore when Hank Aaron broke the Home Run record. It would actually make sense to put those in the game since they wore them this year. And then for the old throwback they could use the Boston Braves uniforms that they wore against the Dodgers this year and against the Cubs a couple years ago which featured the black tomahawk.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

I've already thrown ideas at them as far as getting rid of certain throwbacks in favor of others, and I told them the batting helmets weren't right. They're looking into it. The primary purpose at this time, though, is to correct the uniforms they already have in the game. If we can fix those, they can then move on to bigger and better things.

spacer.png

All right Mack here's my take on the Padres.

The current uniforms and the throwback are good but I would make the throwback the old throwback and have the Steve Garvey era uniform set as the throwback.

The Angels

Where do I begin the small A uniforms is not the only throwback I would put the 80s uniforms as throwbacks and keep the small A as the old throwback or have the LA Angels uniforms as the old throwback.

Played a "throwback" game last night between the Red Sox and Cubs. Again, all throwback versions of the home Red Sox uniform are the current versions with the script shown below:

41-64833-F.jpg

The Red Sox have NEVER worn this script on field, except for the red alternates a few years ago. This is a bastardized script that was part of the primary logo, but never matched the on-field product.

If they want to produce a throwback, they could go with the pullover worn in the mid 70s, which is the current script, and the same color scheme for the road script (Boston in red, outlined in blue).

I ended up wearing a road version at home, it was gray and read "Boston" in block font, with the current style home numbers on the back.

For the Cubs, the only road throwback read "Chicago" in big block letters, and "Cubs" underneath.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Here's a few quick comments on the Brewer's uniforms in The Show:

-Home Alternate is wayyyyy too cyan and bright. The Home alternates which are based on the Brewers 1982 uniforms should have the blue match their 1970 Throwbacks in the game. It should be the exact same blue but for some reason it's really bright.

I noticed the 2 Brewers throwbacks are almost identical, and this happens with a lot of teams in the game not just the Brewers. They need more variety. They could use the 90s uniforms, or the early 90's ones with the Brewers script with the old pinstripes and ball n glove logo (robin yount 3000 hits era). Right now they use 2 throwbacks from the 70s which look very similar to eachother.

Played a "throwback" game last night between the Red Sox and Cubs. Again, all throwback versions of the home Red Sox uniform are the current versions with the script shown below:

41-64833-F.jpg

The Red Sox have NEVER worn this script on field, except for the red alternates a few years ago. This is a bastardized script that was part of the primary logo, but never matched the on-field product.

If they want to produce a throwback, they could go with the pullover worn in the mid 70s, which is the current script, and the same color scheme for the road script (Boston in red, outlined in blue).

I ended up wearing a road version at home, it was gray and read "Boston" in block font, with the current style home numbers on the back.

For the Cubs, the only road throwback read "Chicago" in big block letters, and "Cubs" underneath.

Thanks guys, keep 'em coming.

spacer.png

41-64833-F.jpg

Do you have any visual examples of this that I could show them? They're just going off of the MLB style guide, and apparently it's wrong.

spacer.png

I know what you mean I find it weird that I play a night game the sun is still up in the 7th inning LOL.

Archived