When Nike Takes over the CFL

agentrygraphics

The Saskatchewan Roughriders.

Features:

- Sublimated wheat pattern on side panels.

- Wheat pattern on center helmet stripe.

- Again, tough to tell silver from white on the player. That's white pants and silver sleeves.

riders2.jpg

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The BC Lions

Features:

-Inspired by 90s era Lions uniforms.

- A darker, gun metal, flat gray instead of silver.

- The "BC" Letters on helmet have been tweaked to match the Lions Wordmark font (as seen at base of collar)

- Full-bodied lion on shoulders.

lions.jpg

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

The Calgary Stampeders.

Features:

-Flutie era inspiration.

- Busy shoulder yoke replaced with clean lines

- A deeper, "blood red" rather than the bright red we're all used to.

- Thicker outline of horse + solid drop shadow to make the logo pop on the helmet more.

- Alternate horseshoe logo on sleeves.

stamps.jpg

Here are the white-helmeted Montreal Alouettes.

Features:

- Cleaned up jerseys.

- Black is gone from color scheme

- White helmets (tough to tell from pic)

- Helmet stripe pattern = Red-Silver-Blue-Silver-Red on a white helmet

- Silver used as an accent rather than black

- Red side panels continue down the entire jersey, one continuous thickness.

montreal.jpg

Had me at the white helmets. Fantastic!!!

Hi guys, new member. I am not a designer, but am seriously thinking about becoming one. I have been an art director many times for creative, but never on your side of the "desk". I really enjoy the creative process, and admire the work you guys do.

Anyway, this is really awesome work! I love it. I am a huge CFL fan, but they are fairly conservative when it comes to logos, jerseys etc. And with only 8 (or 9) teams, there isn't much to work with. So its nice to see some new takes on the old classics.

I was wondering if you have ever thought of doing an update on the defunct American teams? I have often wondered what they might look like if they still existed, 15 years later.

Or what about completely re-designing the CFL's 8 existing team logos? Would love to see how someone might design the teams logos from scratch, forgetting about the 100 years of tradition and all the previous design work that has been done. Maybe keep the basic colour schemes and the team names, and start fresh.

The Montreal Alouettes desperately also need a new logo in my opinion. New uni's wouldn't hurt either. The jerseys are pretty classic, current grey helmet, grey pants with the arrow stripe just scream 1990's to me.

Anyway, just a couple of thoughts for some new design competitions you could have.

Keep up the great work guys!

Love it. I'm actually huge on the gold version of the Eskies jersey. I would love to see them use those colours full-time, as it sits they get way too much heat from being a Packers knock off.

the eskies were wearing green and gold before the packers if what my dad tells me is true

EDIT: According to what a quick web search told me, the eskimos adopted the University of Alberta colours (green and gold) in the 1949 season and the packers didn't introduce green into their colour scheme which was navy and yellow until the following year in 1950

Alright.

Regardless, ask the general public and they'll probably associate the colours with the Pack before the Eskies or the University of Alberta, that's all i'm saying.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Love what your doing with the Pro Combat's...i would love to see the American teams (Gold Miners, Texans, Pirates, Stallions ect...), are you planning doing those also? Keep up the awesome work. FYI love the Tiger-Cats.

97Broncos.png

I hadn't thought about it...but why not. Sure. I'll work up some stuff.

Awesome. Can't wait to see the new uni's/logos for the existing Canadian teams.

Add the Miami Manatees to your list of updated uni's and logos for the American CFL teams. They were awarded a CFL franchise that never played a game in 1995. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miami_Manatees_(CFL)

• 4 months later...

Archived