My personal baseball league concept

oaklandhusker

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm currently working on the Reno Spike uniforms. They'll be up as soon as I finish them. Also, I need to have a team somewhere in Nebraska, and I need a really good name for a team in Oaklnad. Suggestions?

Right now I'd focus on well-known cities that don't have any baseball at all right now.

AMERICAN

East

Hamilton, ON

Hartford, CT

Orlando, FL

Springfield, MA

Upper Marlboro, MD

Central

Aurora, IL

Bloomington, MN

Flint, MI

St. Joseph, MO

Youngstown, OH

West

Dallas, TX

Portland, OR

Redding, CA

Ventura County, CA

NATIONAL

East

Alexandria, VA

Atlantic City, NJ

Columbus, GA

Fort Lauderdale, FL

Manhattan, NY

Central

Columbia, MO

Highlands, KY

Johnstown, PA

Katy, TX

Kenosha, WI

Racine, WI

West

Escondido, CA

Palm Springs, CA

Prescott Valley, AZ

Pueblo, CO

Santa Rosa, CA

bYhYmxh.png

I'm currently working on the Reno Spike uniforms. They'll be up as soon as I finish them. Also, I need to have a team somewhere in Nebraska, and I need a really good name for a team in Oaklnad. Suggestions?

Right now I'd focus on well-known cities that don't have any baseball at all right now.

AMERICAN

East

Hamilton, ON

Hartford, CT

Orlando, FL

Springfield, MA

Upper Marlboro, MD

Central

Aurora, IL

Bloomington, MN

Flint, MI

St. Joseph, MO

Youngstown, OH

West

Dallas, TX

Portland, OR

Redding, CA

Ventura County, CA

NATIONAL

East

Alexandria, VA

Atlantic City, NJ

Columbus, GA

Fort Lauderdale, FL

Manhattan, NY

Central

Columbia, MO

Highlands, KY

Johnstown, PA

Katy, TX

Kenosha, WI

Racine, WI

West

Escondido, CA

Palm Springs, CA

Prescott Valley, AZ

Pueblo, CO

Santa Rosa, CA

Racine and Kenosha both get a team in your plan? Both of them together couldnt support one team. although I guess it depends on what level of ball his league is, but still, they are the same fan base. I consider myself pretty into US geography, not an expert by any means, but I hardly consider most of these places 'well-known'. Lots of these places are just suburbs of larger cities, so why woudlnt they just take the name of the major city. Like Escondido, it's pretty much San Diego. Or Katy, TX is pretty much Houston. Alexandria, VA is pretty much DC. and Ive never heard of Upper Marlboro, MD. Lots of these places just seem like random cities taken out of a hat that's all.

AMERICAN

East

Hamilton, ON

Hartford, CT

Orlando, FL

Springfield, MA

Upper Marlboro, MD

Central

Aurora, IL

Bloomington, MN

Flint, MI

St. Joseph, MO

Youngstown, OH

West

Dallas, TX

Portland, OR

Redding, CA

Ventura County, CA

NATIONAL

East

Alexandria, VA

Atlantic City, NJ

Columbus, GA

Fort Lauderdale, FL

Manhattan, NY

Central

Columbia, MO

Highlands, KY

Johnstown, PA

Katy, TX

Kenosha, WI

Racine, WI

West

Escondido, CA

Palm Springs, CA

Prescott Valley, AZ

Pueblo, CO

Santa Rosa, CA

Racine and Kenosha both get a team in your plan? Both of them together couldnt support one team. although I guess it depends on what level of ball his league is, but still, they are the same fan base. I consider myself pretty into US geography, not an expert by any means, but I hardly consider most of these places 'well-known'. Lots of these places are just suburbs of larger cities, so why woudlnt they just take the name of the major city. Like Escondido, it's pretty much San Diego. Or Katy, TX is pretty much Houston. Alexandria, VA is pretty much DC. and Ive never heard of Upper Marlboro, MD. Lots of these places just seem like random cities taken out of a hat that's all.

Katy, Texas? Prescott Valley, Arizona? Highlands, Kentucky? Upper Marlboro, Maryland? I agree with jaha32.

sport-scarf_reds_zpsbb317600.png

Yea I live in Washington D.C. (the actual city) and I could drive to Alexandria in 10 minutes. Same with Maryland. How about Richmond and Baltimore/Annapolis? That works a lot better.

The idea was for me to do cities with NO BASEBALL WHATSOEVER (not minor, not indy, not even summer-collegiate).

However, after further thinking, I realized I was stretching quite a bit. So here's the revision, with the non-feasible cities replaced with feasible ones.

AMERICAN

East

Annapolis, MD

Hamilton, ON

Hartford, CT

Orlando, FL

Springfield, MA

Central

Aurora, IL

Bloomington, MN

Flint, MI

St. Joseph, MO

Youngstown, OH

West

Dallas, TX

Portland, OR

Redding, CA

Ventura County, CA

NATIONAL

East

Atlantic City, NJ

Columbus, GA

Fort Lauderdale, FL

Manhattan, NY

Virginia Beach, VA

Central

Columbia, MO

Galveston, TX

Huntington, WV

Johnstown, PA

Naperville, IL

Racine, WI

West

Palm Springs, CA

Prescott Valley, AZ

Pueblo, CO

San Luis Obispo, CA

Santa Rosa, CA

bYhYmxh.png

I'm capable of coming up with my own team locations, but thank you for the suggestions.

Right now, I just need a team name for an Oakland team, and a team name for a Nebraska team.

1. Oakland Stompers (tribute to the wineries nearby)

2. Nebraska Reapers (tribute to farming, but could use a Grim Reaper identity)

bYhYmxh.png

I made a new logo. I actually think that this one's much better. I'm really hoping that people LOVE it, because I'm still using paint (it's free. If there's a better free one, let me know), so it's incredibly hard to edit it one it's done.

Here it is- The World Baseball League:

LEAGUELOGO-1.jpg

Get the thirty day tria; of adobe illustrator and watch tutorials on how to use the pen tool. It will open up a world of design options.

PPq00.png

I'm capable of coming up with my own team locations, but thank you for the suggestions.

Right now, I just need a team name for an Oakland team, and a team name for a Nebraska team.

I like Stompers, for your reason and also as a tribute to the A's.

I'm not sure about the Reapers. I'm working on it...

bex2bn.jpg

v7xt0k.jpg

I like Stompers, for your reason and also as a tribute to the A's.

I'm not sure about the Reapers. I'm working on it...

Any vague themes for the Nebraska team?

sport-scarf_reds_zpsbb317600.png

I am an export when it comes to geography (at least I majored in it). If your really wanting good markets for your teams I would suggest that you got to this wikipedia page its a list of US Metro Areas and their populations and pick the markets that you like. Also go to Google maps, create a map in my maps and plot your markets so that you get a good geographic balance. As far as your logos, its really hard to make really good concepts in paint, I was determined to make a league in paint and quickly quit, its just so limiting unless your really good. Good luck in you league, I look forward to seeing your progress.

Archived