Thrift Store Gems: 2011

TFoA

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And where I work when I'm not in school (Jersey City) we were selling that English top for 110 bucks last summer, you guys down South find such great things and for so cheap. :(

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

And where I work when I'm not in school (Jersey City) we were selling that English top for 110 bucks last summer, you guys down South find such great things and for so cheap. :(

If I ever make it to Calgary for a Flames game, I'm visiting that store. :P

6fQjS3M.png

If I ever make it to Calgary for a Flames game, I'm visiting that store. :P

Well we got you covered for Hockey that's a given, NBA not so much.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

I got a red one for $15 last year.

Picked this up Reebok fitted Johnny Canuck hat for $5, new with tags.

Johnny.png

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

From someone who collects hats, I recently hit a "hat trick" at the Salvation Arme'. A rare Ozzie Smith HOF commemoration, a retro Padres, and an unworn SC Gamecocks 2010 National Champion cap. A little cleaning and the Smith/Padre caps are like new. It's sometimes hard to find team hats that are unworn or rare worn ones that can be easily cleaned. So this was a good find. 50 cents each.

5647295067_35ca45c773_b.jpg

5647294495_7a4564d29c_b.jpg

And this gem, a jersey from the defunct Pride of the ECHL. A buck and a half.

5484346814_f645e84eb2_b.jpg

The best $3 I've spent this year :)

Every once in awhile, TJ Maxx and Marshals gets the $300+ authentic NFL/NBA jerseys and they get mistakenly marked as replicas and sell for $70 and below. Sometimes they end up in the Big & Tall section too...even though they are sizes 48, 50, and 52.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

I'm planning on going on a thrift store hunt on Tuesday, so I'll post anything of note I find.

6873.gif13-3. 1st place in NFC West. 1 fumble away from Super Bowl 46.

1hrqvo4oaipg1j7eboaxh4bgu.gif. 40-26. Lost in Conference Semifinals

zroew6i4sougyzvje4p5vl1xr.gif34-36-12 80 Points. Painfully watching the rivals win the Cup.

2908.gif 28-26. 3 GB of AL East lead. Starting to turn around the season.

From someone who collects hats, I recently hit a "hat trick" at the Salvation Arme'. A rare Ozzie Smith HOF commemoration, a retro Padres, and an unworn SC Gamecocks 2010 National Champion cap. A little cleaning and the Smith/Padre caps are like new. It's sometimes hard to find team hats that are unworn or rare worn ones that can be easily cleaned. So this was a good find. 50 cents each.

And this gem, a jersey from the defunct Pride of the ECHL. A buck and a half.

The best $3 I've spent this year :)

Nice Ozzie Smith. I picked up the Tony Gwynn Padres version of that hat last year at Ross.

sig.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got the pictures up, found out the Redbirds jersey is between 1980-1986 and the Buccaneers jersey is between 1990-1994

Talk about hitting the jackpot. I went by my local goodwill today like I usually do once a week and about dropped when I walked to the men's section. A 1986 Salem Redbirds game worn jersey, 1987 Salem Buccaneers game worn jersey, and a 1993 or 1994 Oakland Athletics authentic home jersey. With tax all 3 cost me $11. I will add the pictures before the end of the week. The two game used jerseys will most likely be framed.

IMG_0618-1.jpg

skinsboys4lf7pe.jpg

Finally got the pictures up, found out the Redbirds jersey is between 1980-1986 and the Buccaneers jersey is between 1990-1994

Talk about hitting the jackpot. I went by my local goodwill today like I usually do once a week and about dropped when I walked to the men's section. A 1986 Salem Redbirds game worn jersey, 1987 Salem Buccaneers game worn jersey, and a 1993 or 1994 Oakland Athletics authentic home jersey. With tax all 3 cost me $11. I will add the pictures before the end of the week. The two game used jerseys will most likely be framed.

IMG_0618-1.jpg

skinsboys4lf7pe.jpg

IMG_0618-1.jpg

Pretty sweet Bucs jersey

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

I never understoof why Umbro/Nike upped the price for England's unis like that. I know they are based off chest sizes instead of a generic sizing chart but that was still overkill. Nice find though!

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Pickings have been slim the last couple years at the thrift stores and even yard sales.

Fairly recently got a Nordiques hat for $1 at the Salvation Army. Got a pair of hockey socks that I never thought I'd find - vintage New Jersey Devils red socks with green and white for $2 at a smaller local thrift shop. Socks match my retro devils Daneyko jerseys that I wear on the ice.

2012518880102258651VyCHtk_th.jpg

2107288240102258651GPHFcq_th.jpg

"Just when I thought you'd said the stupidest thing, you keep on talking" - Hank Hill

Pickings have been slim the last couple years at the thrift stores and even yard sales.

Fairly recently got a Nordiques hat for $1 at the Salvation Army. Got a pair of hockey socks that I never thought I'd find - vintage New Jersey Devils red socks with green and white for $2 at a smaller local thrift shop. Socks match my retro devils Daneyko jerseys that I wear on the ice.

2012518880102258651VyCHtk_th.jpg

2107288240102258651GPHFcq_th.jpg

im sure those socks are worth alot!

spacer.png

spacer.png

Archived