Thrift Store Gems: 2011

TFoA

NY_redbull_henry_jersey.jpg

Twenty bucks at a Ross in Tampa. I'm a whore for cheap MLS jerseys

Me too, I have an authentic longsleeve FC Dallas (I don't even like FC Dallas) that I found at Marshall's for $35 and a couple replicas from Real Salt Lake, Colorado Rapids, Columbus Crew and FC Dallas that were between $10 and $20. Even though I don't like most of those clubs, I couldn't pass up those deals.

jNTsTyQ.png

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I found an Indians Starts and Stripes hat at Marshalls today for 6 bucks. It is the chief wahoo one, I think the only year they wore that one.

I want the stars/stripes Chief Wahoo 59fifty hat too. That's one of my 'whales'.

I was wanting one for a while myself, never thought I'd get one. I hate spending more than 20 bucks on a hat, and these were hard enough to find as it is. Maybe check Marshalls and TJ Max's around Cleveland. The one I got was the Marshalls in Medina. It was the only one there, and it just so happened to be my size 7. I guess it was meant to be! B)

T1oYViW.png

I found an Indians Starts and Stripes hat at Marshalls today for 6 bucks. It is the chief wahoo one, I think the only year they wore that one.

I want the stars/stripes Chief Wahoo 59fifty hat too. That's one of my 'whales'.

I was wanting one for a while myself, never thought I'd get one. I hate spending more than 20 bucks on a hat, and these were hard enough to find as it is. Maybe check Marshalls and TJ Max's around Cleveland. The one I got was the Marshalls in Medina. It was the only one there, and it just so happened to be my size 7. I guess it was meant to be! B)

You are sooo lucky to find that. If you come across a 7 1/8 one...PLEASE send me a message.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

You are sooo lucky to find that. If you come across a 7 1/8 one...PLEASE send me a message.

I'll keep my eyes open for you.

T1oYViW.png

• 2 weeks later...

After reading this thread I went to my local thrift store for the first time the other day. Sadly, the only jersey there was a Princeton women's ice hockey practice jersey. Very unique, but definitely not worth buying.

Glad I'm not the only one striking out locally

I got an Everett Silvertips Reebok long sleeve shirt for $4.25 today at a going out of business sale.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

Found some great jerseys in various vintage clothes shops in London last week, amongst them a throwback c.'57 Knicks Allan Houston jersey, '70-'71 Cavs LeBron throwback and most spectacularly, a '96-'97 Bucks Ray Allan alt - the green jersey with the huge Buck on the front. Sadly, they were all child sizes, but I think I'll grab the Bucks jersey anyway if it's still there when I go back next month.

I did pick up an awesome Maple Leafs satin jacket for a friend who's moving to Toronto, but I neglected to snap a photo before I gave it to him....

• 2 weeks later...

*Picture of Wizards jersey*

Just picked up this rare piece of 90's MLS styling at a garage sale yesterday for $1 in like-new condition.

I love that one. The Wizards logos subtly printed into the black are a great detail. I was always partial to the various Wizards kits though.

Woke up yesterday morning to find I'd accidentally won this on ebay:

$(KGrHqIOKi!E2+o!WjUSBN6Rkpd+j!~~_12.JPG

Did the Mets ever wear a jersey like this? It wasn't on the Dressed To The Nines database. Still, for less than a tenner with free shipping, it's not bad.

I had a heck of a time at Marshalls and TJ Maxx in Chicago this weekend. I got an authentic Pirates BP cap for $6 (and my parents have a house down near Bradeton so this will get some serious Spring Training use), a North Stars shirt, a Winnipeg Jets shirt and a NY Jets shirt(all $11 from Retro Brand), and then an authentic Cubs jersey for $19.99 (granted the players are not on the team anymore, but I will cut off the names and wait for them to sign a #2 and a #25). Finally, I found a Cubs (1907) World Series Champions t-shirt which I thought was funny enough for $14.

So here is the question - I don't recall these stores being anywhere near as good in NY when I lived there, and my dad insists he never finds anything when he goes there now. Are these stores any good where you guys live, or is it mostly hit or miss?

R

Woke up yesterday morning to find I'd accidentally won this on ebay:

$(KGrHqIOKi!E2+o!WjUSBN6Rkpd+j!~~_12.JPG

Did the Mets ever wear a jersey like this? It wasn't on the Dressed To The Nines database. Still, for less than a tenner with free shipping, it's not bad.

Never mind - it's a 1986 home jersey. Looked grey in the photos...

Archived