Thrift Store Gems: 2011

TFoA

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went to a different thift store than usual and found a nice one today.

103_3133.jpg

103_3138.jpg

All for the grand total price of:

103_3137.jpg

Can't figure out what this tag means, though

103_3140.jpg

It reads:

Kickoff

Full Time

March 2004

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

• 3 weeks later...

I picked up a NY Jets 2010 AFC Champions t-shirt at the TJ Maxx near the Queens Center Mall yesterday. I have pictures, but don't know how to post them.

why would you want that?

I thought it was a cool piece, just like any other merchandise for a championship that didn't happen.

I actually found a very nice twill, authentic Purdue basketball jersey in extra large. It's the black on black ones. I have no use for it though so I'm trying to sell it on ebay, anyone interested?

I actually found a very nice twill, authentic Purdue basketball jersey in large. It's the black on black ones. I have no use for it though so I'm trying to sell it on ebay, anyone interested?

Link to auction or price you're looking for?

123xa2.png

I actually found a very nice twill, authentic Purdue basketball jersey in extra large. It's the black on black ones. I have no use for it though so I'm trying to sell it on ebay, anyone interested?

Possibly, how much are you asking?

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

I went to a different thift store than usual and found a nice one today.

103_3133.jpg

103_3138.jpg

All for the grand total price of:

103_3137.jpg

103_3140.jpg

It reads:

Kickoff

Full Time

March 2004

I would guess that tag means that it's a game-worn jersey, and that's the date it was used. Not sure though.

103_3140.jpg

It reads:

Kickoff

Full Time

March 2004

I would guess that tag means that it's a game-worn jersey, and that's the date it was used. Not sure though.

I don't recall England ever wearing a jersey that looked like that, and certainly not with that number font.

If anything, the "Kickoff" date on the tag was the day the kit was launched, and "Full Time" is the approximate date that they intended to wear it until.

103_3140.jpg

It reads:

Kickoff

Full Time

March 2004

I don't recall England ever wearing a jersey that looked like that, and certainly not with that number font.

If anything, the "Kickoff" date on the tag was the day the kit was launched, and "Full Time" is the approximate date that they intended to wear it until.

Yup, that's the vibe I get from it as well.

6fQjS3M.png

• 2 weeks later...

I picked up a NY Jets 2010 AFC Champions t-shirt at the TJ Maxx near the Queens Center Mall yesterday. I have pictures, but don't know how to post them.

why would you want that?

I thought it was a cool piece, just like any other merchandise for a championship that didn't happen.

Can I buy it from you?

Archived