Sign in to follow this  
TFoA

Thrift Store Gems: 2011

Got a Michael Jordan red Bulls #45 screenprint jersey size 48 for $1.59 last weekend. It's in great condition.

Pics or it didn't happen.

Hey guys, new to the Board.

I picked up a couple of New Era fitteds today for $10 each. Got an authentic Pirates Alt with the Red Brim and another one that I need some help identifying.

It's a Cooperstown Collection. Navy crown, red brim. No New Era Flag or MLB logo. It's got the wishbone C on it, in red, with white trim. The "C" is flat on the top. At first I thought it was a late 50's / early 60's Indians but after looking online I'm not so sure anymore. Also thought that it could be the Reds.

Will try to post a pic.

I picked up a couple of New Era fitteds today for $10 each. Got an authentic Pirates Alt with the Red Brim and another one that I need some help identifying.

It's a Cooperstown Collection. Navy crown, red brim. No New Era Flag or MLB logo. It's got the wishbone C on it, in red, with white trim. The "C" is flat on the top. At first I thought it was a late 50's / early 60's Indians but after looking online I'm not so sure anymore. Also thought that it could be the Reds.

Will try to post a pic.

Here are some pics:

>

>

After more searching last night, I'm now thinking it's a Reds cap, but would love to be sure.

Hit up TJ Maxx yesterday and they had Authentic home white and alternate red and black Diamondbacks jerseys for $30. If I had 30 extra dollars to spend I might have gotten the black alternate. But I really didn't and I'm not sure if I'm going to get into collecting baseball jerseys just yet.

I already have problems with my ever growing hockey collection. I don't need another burden on me :lol:

SDC12562.jpg

SDC12563.jpg

Marshall's in Flint for about $7.99.

SDC12566.jpg

Goodwill in Lapeer for $1.99.

SDC12565.jpg

Tent sale at Wingert's Food Center in Mayville for $0.20.

SDC12569.jpg

Garage Sale in Mayville for $5.00.

There hasn't been anything good at the local Goodwill but I found this stuff at Marshalls

DSC05116.jpg

8 dollar Calgary Flames fashion cap

DSC05122.jpg

20 dollar USC Swingman Type Football jersey

SDC12574.jpg

Authentic Flint Generals road jersey....bought at Goodwill in Flint for $3.49. :hockeysmiley::blink:

Will try to post a pic.

Here are some pics:

>

>

After more searching last night, I'm now thinking it's a Reds cap, but would love to be sure.

I'm thinking it's a late 30's to mid 50's Reds cap.

I went to a TJ Maxx in Des Moines and they had about 50 small/medium 2007 Twins BP hats for $7.99. Not bad!

XGamE.jpg

I know it's not really logo related, but I picked up two composite hockey sticks at a yard sale today for $15 (total), and also got 100 hockey cards (including Stamkos, Doughty, Schenn and Schnieder rookies) for $2

I always ask for any sports-related items when I go in an antique shop. Usually it's nothing, or maybe some programs or overproduced 1990s cards. This time, it paid off:

314092_692646813526_45503609_35035801_3220787_n.jpg

Mid-1990s Fayetteville Generals, undated Washington Senators and Oakland A's hats. In my size! $4 each!

The Senators and A's hats have the following tags:

athletics1f.jpg

The A's apparently never wore this hat, and the Senators obviously left in 1971. When did New Era start making fashion caps?

I believe that A's cap was worn by coaches, and only coaches, for a couple seasons in the early '70s.

I believe that A's cap was worn by coaches, and only coaches, for a couple seasons in the early '70s.

Hmm. So, I guess what I'm trying to find out now - is if these are these 1980s fashion caps (did they make them then?) or originals from the 1970s. If they're originals, I'm ecstatic. Would white replica caps even have been made for retail, since they were coach-only? Is it possible I have a game-issued/worn hat here? I dunno what these things are worth, but it's gotta be more than $4...

Yes they did...Alvin Dark era....

Got a Michael Jordan red Bulls #45 screenprint jersey size 48 for $1.59 last weekend. It's in great condition.

so then it didnt happen? (i dont see why it seems impossible to you)

This really isn't "thrift store," but it's a discount-retail item.

Some Forman Mills stores in the Northeast U.S. are selling blank Mitchell & Ness jerseys for $6 each. These are double-knit fabrics with the M&N tag and a felt "year" tag like what they have in the stores.

Here's what I've seen thus far:

Kentucky Colonels

San Diego Padres road early 80s

Three versions of the Atlanta Braves with blue raglan sleeves from the 1970s

Boston Celtics

Toronto Blue Jays early 80s

Seattle Mariners late 70s or early 80s

... and a white tank with blue and red piping that could be the 1971 or 72 Philadelphia 76ers (the year they actually spelled out Seventy Sixers on the jersey.

so then it didnt happen? (i dont see why it seems impossible to you)

It's a running joke with him.

My recap:

The Rugged Warehouse near Gwinnett Place Mall had a rack of the 2004-07 Georgia Tech jerseys. There were a bunch of gold #1 (Reggie Ball...), and blank white, and blue jerseys. The only drawback was it appeared that the sleeves were cut wrong. The large I tried on had sleeves past my elbows. I tried to take a pic, but the management was not too thrilled about me taking pictures in there. It was this style of jersey:

334006.jpg

The Marshalls around this area have had replica Michael Vick red Falcons jerseys, and some black uga A.J.Green jerseys. They also had some sick UnderArmour cleats in the shoes section... And I was somewhere that had 2 blank authentic white Lakers jerseys from 2+ years ago, before the NBA switched materials. They were $50. Do people buy blank basketball jerseys?