KCScout76

Tampa Bay Lightning New Logos

TA-DA, the new TB Lightning Logos that were unveiled today. Simple & Clean IMO - I hope our TB fans like 'em. Chris Creamer also has them posted on the Logo Site.

Crest

tblnewlogo.jpg

TBnewlogo.gif

Shoulder Patch

shoulderpatchtbl.jpg

Jerseys

jersey-home-1200.jpg

jersey-away-1200.jpg

So how long did they have the (now) former logo?

The throwback one looks like the "Red Car" company logo with the little lightning bolts. I like it though.

The other ones look too much like a generic superheroes logo. Also, they needed to keep the extra colors.

Tampa Bay Maple Leafs?

The crest looks pretty cool, but it reminds me of Power Rangers. The shoulder crest looks nice, but it also looks like it came from the '60s or something. On the whole, it's all one big snoozapalooza.

I mean really--who they think they foolin' here? This team was birthed in 1992. It ain't no old franchise. And I'm a little perturbed at the trend of newer NHL teams trying to go "vintage". There ain't a thing "vintage" about a team named the Lightning. And isn't there already a NHL team that "owns" the blue and white look--an original six team, at that?

Ehh...ain't like that many people pay much attention to them anyways, so whateva. /rant

The secondary should be the primary because it says Tampa Bay.

I don't hate it, but yeah it looks a lot like the Maple Leafs logo.

I'm pretty sure it's not possible for 25% of people on this board (or a majority of the general pop.) to like a sports identity, no matter what it is. :P

I like the shoulder patch logo, but everything else is a downgrade. The Lightning have had the worst luck with uniforms and emblems. Well, I take that back. The California/Oakland Seals did.

I guess this is what was expected, but nonetheless I think it's a shame they lost the black and silver. No need to go all Maple Leaf in Tampa. And another circle logo? Inconsistent lightning bolts? Oh well. If I were a fan I'd stick with my earlier merch.

I think the main problem is the fact that the lightning bolt's oval. I don't like it one bit.

Personally I like the shoulder patch a lot more.

It even looks worse on the jerseys..Looks like a power supply company rec league team.

I see there is a trend here to start knocking posters "who never like anything." Well, please defend this rather than ripping those of us that don't like it. I'm open minded. Three lightning logos on one jersey (that don't match), the addition of a played-out circle logo, using the color scheme of a historic team (inspired by a player from another). Those are my three strikes. And it's not like the Lightning have no history. They did win a Stanley Cup.

Again, please enlighten me. I'm not sure this is the set to draw the line in the sand for. (For the record, I mourned the loss of green but liked the simplification of their baseball neighbors a few years back.)

These are just plain horrible. I like the traditional simplicity of the Leafs and Wings, but these are far too forced and look very amateurish to me. The circle logo is the worst part. With a few striping tweaks, Tampa Bay's current thirds would have been a much more solid way to go. Stevie, Why!?!

As always, these are neither as good nor as bad as anyone would have you believe.

A bit too simple, but far from awful.