Tampa Bay Lightning New Logos

KCScout76

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eh, I would have liked to see some black in the striping; having it on the numbers and pants without tying it into the striping looks odd to me.

Right with you on that. Thin black outlines on either side of the sleeve stripes and sock stripes, thin black outline on the top edge of the hem stripe, and making the the outer ring of the shoulder logo black. There you go. Black incorporated sufficiently without being overbearing.

As it stands now, a blank replica jersey, which will be the most prevalent representation of the team's new look, will still only be blue and white. I'm thrilled to see the pants bolt back, but this is clearly a last-minute half-measure because the replicas are already being sewn and printed overseas.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

At least now they can't be accused of stealing Leafs scheme.

These were already growing on me but the addition of the Bolt on the pants and slight black accents puts this the passable category. I really hope they ditched the wordmark on the away sweater too.

Am I the only one that actually likes the new logo?

that little bit of black goes a long way and you just know that Sodboy's right. They changed what they could (the numbers and the pants) and kept everything that's already been processed the same. I think it's a win that we got the bolt back on the pants. I'm much happier with these now, that little bit of black on the numbers helps quite a bit.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Am I the only one that actually likes the new logo?

that little bit of black goes a long way and you just know that Sodboy's right. They changed what they could (the numbers and the pants) and kept everything that's already been processed the same. I think it's a win that we got the bolt back on the pants. I'm much happier with these now, that little bit of black on the numbers helps quite a bit.

No, I actually like the new logo, but do think a hint of black on it wouldn't hurt. As Shoop said above, its better just incomplete.

I didn't really care for the new Rays stuff at first but it has grown on me, and I expect the same for the new Lightning duds.

I've been warming up to the new logo. I still don't like the overall look because of the closeness to the Leafs, but I liked them on their own. Now the addition of black hurts the uniforms, I think. Just outlining the pants bolt and number (the double outline looks bad) just looks incomplete. Putting a small black outline on the number, bolt, and all the stripes would be great.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I have a sneaky suspicion we might yet see one or two more little revisions to this "final draft" here before the Bolts take the ice next season.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I have a sneaky suspicion we might yet see one or two more little revisions to this "final draft" here before the Bolts take the ice next season.

And if that's true, then I can appreciate the Lightning organization for listening to its fans. It's a step in the right direction, but not yet complete.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

This is a joke, right? They look like horse **** with the black added. Like someone else said, all they needed was a white bolt on the pants and white victory stripes (I don't care either way on those) and they'd be nice. Now it is black for ****ing black's sake and it looks awful.

I agree, this made it even worse. I was all for adding some touches of black (or of silver), but this is incredibly poorly executed. Now, they've still got the weird pseudo-Maple Wings thing going on, but with the added effect of two random treatments with black--the number outlines and the outline on the pants bolt--that don't match each other, don't match the logo, and don't match the striping. It's a knee-jerk addition of black, as if no thought was put into this.

Bravo.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

If they would have added black to the striping and logo this would be a marked improvement. As it is they look incomplete.

Nice to see the bolts return to the pants though.

This is a joke, right? They look like horse **** with the black added. Like someone else said, all they needed was a white bolt on the pants and white victory stripes (I don't care either way on those) and they'd be nice. Now it is black for ****ing black's sake and it looks awful.

Sometimes I think people complain just to hear themselves to talk ;)

I give the Lightning credit for listening to their fans. Sadly, they forced the black a bit, putting it where they could without changing the existing jerseys.

If they wanted to add it in select places without forcing it, there'd be no better way to do it than the victory stripes, but I guess they are dropping that tradition. Glad for the fans that the bolts on the pants are back.

For those that said it was a good uni in a vacuum, this helps the Leafs issue, but is what's left still "good"? I guess what they did was the best tradeoff they could make. A black third would be a good move in the future.

I have to say this. I HATE the term "jersey system".

You should have watched the press conference unveiling. The team CEO and owner were throwing out every buzz word they could think of. They even had a Lightning "mission statement" prepared.

Archived