Tampa Bay Lightning New Logos

KCScout76

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is an embarrassing step down from the primary logo they just had, that had a lot of solid good aspects, this is flat out weak. I like the though of the Shoulder patch and jersey design compared to before, but the primary logo is just terrible.

That's like saying that getting kicked in the nads hurts worse than being punched in the face. I wouldn't want either one to happen to me.

No, because their current logo is a good logo.

The logo they are going to be using is pathetic.

You may be surprised to find this out, but different people have different opinions on things.

I don't think any logo they've ever had has looked even marginally professional. IMO the current one is the best, but could be a logo for any one of 1,244 different companies.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Personally I love it.

I hate the all black jerseys to be honest. I either wanted blue or for us to go back to what we had pre-Edge

Looking at your signature, out of all the logos there, I think that the Bolts new logo is the most iconic image.

Job well done Tampa, job well done.

Personally I love it.

I hate the all black jerseys to be honest. I either wanted blue or for us to go back to what we had pre-Edge

Looking at your signature, out of all the logos there, I think that the Bolts new logo is the most iconic image.

Iconic? Its been around for less than 2 months and hasn't seen a single game. I think were beginning to use the term a little loosely

Personally I love it.

Iconic? Its been around for less than 2 months and hasn't seen a single game. I think were beginning to use the term a little loosely

Beginning to?

Man, that term BEEN overused around these parts. In fact, that and "classic" are probably the two most abused/overused adjectives thrown out in these forums.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Personally I love it.

Beginning to?

Man, that term BEEN overused around these parts. In fact, that and "classic" are probably the two most abused/overused adjectives thrown out in these forums.

Agreed. The only Lightning logo that could be described as remotely iconic is the one in my sig. Why? It was around for 15 years and has a championship behind it.

That's like saying that getting kicked in the nads hurts worse than being punched in the face. I wouldn't want either one to happen to me.

Thats my new favorite quote on Facebook

Signature.png

TrophyCase-1.png

Thats my new favorite quote on Facebook

Your standards are incredibly low.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Anyone watching the Stars-Wild game earlier may have seen this wonderful application of the Bolts' new logo.

Boltsfail.png

you mean that blank space in the bottom right....?

this logo needs to be accompanied by a blue outline if they want to use the white version

Personally I love it.

Do you know what that word even means? It doesnt mean historical significance...

Semiotics . a sign or representation that stands for its object by virtue of a resemblance or analogy to it.

It doesnt matter how old or how many games a team has played with the logo... Learn the language... Then maybe you wouldn't get so upset with words being used loosley.

When discussing sports logos, critics tend to use "iconic" to refer to a mark that instantly identifies the team, or could represent the team solely without words. From that standpoint, a mark would have to be around for a while to build up that kind of recognition. Of course from a literal sense history doesn't matter. Also, from a literal sense, anything could be iconic. It has the potential to be iconic, due to it's simplicity and ability to be reproduced easily. It also has the potential to be a total flop, because it could easily be mis-recognized as a logo for any number of companies / businesses... which would make it the exact opposite of iconic.

When discussing sports logos, critics tend to use "iconic" to refer to a mark that instantly identifies the team, or could represent the team solely without words. From that standpoint, a mark would have to be around for a while to build up that kind of recognition. Of course from a literal sense history doesn't matter. Also, from a literal sense, anything could be iconic. It has the potential to be iconic, due to it's simplicity and ability to be reproduced easily. It also has the potential to be a total flop, because it could easily be mis-recognized as a logo for any number of companies / businesses... which would make it the exact opposite of iconic.

+1.

Nailed the meaning of iconic from a design standpoint, which is what matters here. It is certainly iconic to the concept of lightning, but to be iconic to the concept of the Tampa Bay Lightning, it will take some time and reinforcement.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

I don't want to sift through all these pages (plus the NHL change pages), but what is the protocol for media using the new TB logos? Roots sports (formerly Fox Sports Pittsburgh) and the papers use the new logo. Shouldn't they be using the current one?

KISSwall09.jpg

Anyone watching the Stars-Wild game earlier may have seen this wonderful application of the Bolts' new logo.

you mean that blank space in the bottom right....?

this logo needs to be accompanied by a blue outline if they want to use the white version

They're better off just using the blue version

2IA3b.png

Archived