Tampa Bay Lightning New Logos

KCScout76

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These are just plain horrible. I like the traditional simplicity of the Leafs and Wings, but these are far too forced and look very amateurish to me.

If you aren't the Wings or the Leafs, your jersey damn well better have more than two colors. These are boring and bland and awful. They took anything at all unique about their uniforms and got rid of it. "Practice jersey" is a common insult I've heard around here for flat-out lazy design that marketing tries to call "simple" and "classic" but is really just "lazy" and "incomplete". It's something you'd end up with in the create-a-team mode of a last-generation hockey video game.

Oh well, got a buddy keeping a lookout for a clearance Stamkos authentic for me.

1zgyd8w.jpg

barry-firstapp.jpg

You do know The Flash's logo and the Lightning logo.. Are not even close to the same logo.. I don't even see how this would be funny.

Because you take it too literally.

Lighten up and have a laugh.

It was funny.

bufg.png

The Flash pic

You do know The Flash's logo and the Lightning logo.. Are not even close to the same logo.. I don't even see how this would be funny.

Because you take it too literally.

Lighten up and have a laugh.

It was funny.

Yes, a lightning bolt in a circle placed in the center of the chest is close enough.

better than the old one. should have curtailed the top of the bolt on the primary like on the patch logo. just makes it look a bit of an odd shaped oval.

was hoping for something a little more interesting like the stormers logo:

545px-Logo_Stormers_Rugby.svg_.png

looks a wee bit like the flag of the british fascists from the 2nd world war:

800px-british_union_of_fascists_flagantsvg.png

These are just plain horrible. I like the traditional simplicity of the Leafs and Wings, but these are far too forced and look very amateurish to me.

If you aren't the Wings or the Leafs, your jersey damn well better have more than two colors. These are boring and bland and awful. They took anything at all unique about their uniforms and got rid of it.

Perfectly stated, sir.

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

What a complete downgrade from what they had. The whole press conference was about excitement and an iconic look, but they erased all of the excitement from their log by removing the black and silver. Now they are left with a boring look that is far from iconic. As far as the uniforms go, I think Stevie Y had flashbacks to his Detroit days, since their new uni's are pretty much blue versions of the Red Wings. IMO this new look is very unimanginative and very disappointing.

roqymbou.pngfx32axau.png

Tampa Bay Maple Leaf Lightning.

Not only did they deprive of their character with this boring logo for the sake of making it look traditional, they made themselves look like the Maple leafs with a lightning bolt logo. This doesn't look traditional. At least traditional logos have character.

Here's the famous traditional logos

Detroit_red_wings_1995.gif

ny-yankee-logo.jpg

RedSox3.jpg

cowboys-wallpaper2.jpg

Then here's boringness, bland and unoriginality (for the 3rd logo, they copied the idea of the twins with the "(name of sport) club") for the sake of being traditional!

marks-1200.jpg

Sheesh!

As a life long Wings fan and great fan of Stevie Y, I was a bit sad when he took on the GM job for another organization. Wanting to change the team's identity to "reflect a new era" or whatever is natural, Gretzky did it the instant he became involved with Phoenix (thank god!!!). But to basically make the lighting look like Red Wings South is a bit disappointing. I like the logos, I really don't even mind that its blue and white despite the the stated resemblance to Toronto's color scheme, but to basically cookie-cut the Red Wings uniforms into Tampa Bay is a bit too much. They could have, at least, kept elements like the bolt on the pants (still could just be white like the current stripe, just lighting shaped) and the stripes under the armpits (just white or blue depending on the jersey, would have worked here too). I mentioned Gretzky and Phoenix, what if he would've taken the old Ollers' uniform templates from his glory days in Edmonton but just used Phoenix's color scheme? In my opinion, and that's all it is, my opinion, if you are going to take the time, effort and money to rebrand your product, I say do it right and make it like something no one else has.

UniJ

Why CANT we have another two color team besides the Wings and Leafs? These guys are trying to build a brand that will last for the long term. I applaud them for not trying to give us some ultra modern failure like Buffalo and Atlanta. Sure i'd love to have the bolt on the pants and the victory stripes, but I find it a solid upgrade.

2IA3b.png

If you aren't the Wings or the Leafs, your jersey damn well better have more than two colors. These are boring and bland and awful. They took anything at all unique about their uniforms and got rid of it.

Perfectly stated, sir.

QFT. Lightning fail.

signature1b.png

signature2qx.png

Classic. Pride. Winning history. Instantly recognizable. Something Tampa fans will be proud to wear.

TBL.png

TBL2.png

Oh look, I only used three colours. :P

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Why CANT we have another two color team besides the Wings and Leafs?

Because you flat out stole the a colour scheme the Leafs had only been used by the Leafs for close to a hundred years? You also stole a striping pattern that had been unique to the Wings for close to a hundred years. That's the problem.

Classic. Pride. Winning history. Instantly recognizable. Something Tampa fans will be proud to wear.

TBL.png

TBL2.png

Oh look, I only used three colours. :P

Make the inside of the circle metallic silver and you've achieved perfection. I would buy one.

Because you flat out stole the a colour scheme the Leafs had only been used by the Leafs for close to a hundred years? You also stole a striping pattern that had been unique to the Wings for close to a hundred years. That's the problem.

90210946.png

A Picture's worth a thousand words...

Are you fu*king serious?

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Make the inside of the circle metallic silver and you've achieved perfection. I would buy one.

TBL4.png

TBL3.png

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived