Tampa Bay Lightning New Logos

KCScout76

So let me get this straight. I hear people complain on here quite a lot about how a logo is too complex, and then you get this, can't get much more simpler than that and people still complain. Wow. (BTW, I'm not saying I like it, but it's not bad either.)

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So let me get this straight. I hear people complain on here quite a lot about how a logo is too complex, and then you get this, can't get much more simpler than that and people still complain. Wow.

Because pure and utter simplicity isn't the goal. If you burn a batch of cookies, you can't serve the next batch raw and then ask "well what more do you want me to do?"

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

They just showed the new jerseys on the Flyers / Lightning broadcast. Man, the road looks awkward with the wordmark over the oval.

A couple of thoughts (in addition to my suggestion that they use electric green or yellow):

1. They need black in there. As much as their uniforms have sucked since inception, they've always used black prominently.

2. They could really use sleeve or shoulder detail. I'm thinking that if they want to clone the Red Wings, why not put black sleeves on the blue jersey (and blue sleeves on the white jersey)?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

So let me get this straight. I hear people complain on here quite a lot about how a logo is too complex, and then you get this, can't get much more simpler than that and people still complain. Wow.

Because pure and utter simplicity isn't the goal. If you burn a batch of cookies, you can't serve the next batch raw and then ask "well what more do you want me to do?"

HA!

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

I nominate admiral's post as the PotD!

TA-DA, the new TB Lightning Logos that were unveiled today. Simple & Clean IMO - I hope our TB fans like 'em. Chris Creamer also has them posted on the Logo Site.

Crest

tblnewlogo.jpg

TBnewlogo.gif

Shoulder Patch

shoulderpatchtbl.jpg

Jerseys

jersey-home-1200.jpg

jersey-away-1200.jpg

The most hideous jersey's and your sig is awful.

I hate the new Buccaneers logo. Pewter was boring in 97, even more boring now.

A happy medium, I can see that.

Victory stripes are the dumbest idea that anyone ever had for a hockey uniform.

Yeah they were dumb, but they were definitely a unique aspect of their uniforms that everybody (sports geeks like us) knew.

-Dan

They should figure out a way to make the armpits equipped with scrolling LCD's that someone can program for a specific occasion like "Victory" after a win or "Goal!" after a goal or "goal, but we're still down 4".

PvO6ZWJ.png

You don't rip off the New York Yankees or the Boston Celtics or any other historic franchise. The Leafs fall into that category.

You wouldn't say their own city-mates ripped off the Yankees with their redesign?

They later added a few things to make it less Yankee-ish, but especially the initial RAYS reveal was basically Yankees farm club level.

Not at all unless you count navy blue and even then it's a deeper navy, almost black. The Rays dark blue is more towards royal. That's without mentioning that the Rays do use a columbia blue. The Rays use placket piping while the Yankees use pinstripes. I would never consider the Rays uniforms to be ripoffs of the Yankees. If anything, there were just an attempt to cash in on the double blue craze. The differences far outnumber the similarities.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Victory stripes are the dumbest idea that anyone ever had for a hockey uniform.

Yeah they were dumb, but they were definitely a unique aspect of their uniforms that everybody (sports geeks like us) knew.

-Dan

They should figure out a way to make the armpits equipped with scrolling LCD's that someone can program for a specific occasion like "Victory" after a win or "Goal!" after a goal or "goal, but we're still down 4".

+1

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived